Kawa College of Education is inspired to make professionals by disseminating the much-needed information required to build strong and knowledgeable individuals who can stand strong as the teachers of modern India. The Institute vows to tutor its students with the latest technology and methods so that they can come out with a well-developed personality. It strengthens the ideas and knowledge of the students to make them better teachers. The institute insists upon building connections with other institutes to increase its exposure in the field of education and encourages its students to offer services to the underprivileged. Various events are organized by the authorities to induce good teaching practices in the students like teaching-aid workshops, demonstration classes, etc.
Facts and Figures of Kawa College of Education, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
Year of Establishment
University of Jammu
How to reach
Why to Join Kawa Institute of Education, Jammu, Jammu, and Kashmir?
- Education: It provides quality education to students focused on but not limited to the courseware provided by the University of Jammu. The college insists on holistic development of an individual. Various kinds of workshops are arranged, and sports meets are common. It trains students for the Teacher Education Test (TET). The college also arranges classes for improving communication.
- Advisory board: It boasts of an Advisory Board of well-recognized members including Er.M.S.Katoch (Chairman), Dr. Ratnesh (Retired member of Department of Higher Ed. Madhya Pradesh), Sh. S.S.Lehar (Sr. Advocate of J&K High Court). The influence of such eminent personalities, help in building a strong network.
- Understanding nature of the Board during Admission: Specific criteria must be met during admission to this college. The students requiring enrollment of the Bachelor of Education course must have 45% and 40% for general and ST/ST/OBC categories respectively. The college allows rounding up of these percentages i.e. students are admitted to the college with percentages above or equal to 44.50 or 39.50, for General and ST/SC/OBC categories respectively.
- Facilities and Faculty: The Institute provides various basic amenities like hostel-for-girls, playground, canteen, spacious classrooms, AV room and a well-stocked library. Lecturers are supportive and well educated.
- Life Insurance: Students are provided with a life insurance (up to 1 lakh) under certain terms and conditions.