Maharshi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE), a constituent college of Delhi, was established in 1995 at Shakarpur. It moved to its present location in Geeta Colony in 2003. The college offers a degree in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) with 5 subject combinations. Candidates applying for admission must have completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Science, Social Science, Humanities, Commerce, or any other equivalent stream from any recognized University. Also, they should have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in general (45% marks for OBC and mere passing marks for SC/ ST) and 55% aggregate marks if they have done B.E. /B.Tech. The admissions are conducted on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the University of Delhi.
Maharshi Valmiki College of Education Highlights
|Established | Type||1995 | Public|
|Set by||Government of NCT of Delhi|
|Affiliated to||University of Delhi|
|Approved||University Grants Commission, NCTE|
|Accredited by||National Assessment and Accreditation Council(NAAC)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam conducted by Delhi University|
|Facilities||Laboratories, library, Multipurpose Hall, Seminar Room, etc.|
Maharshi Valmiki College of Education Courses Offered
MVCE provides a Bachelor in Education course for pre-service elementary and secondary teacher education programs to the aspiring students in Delhi. The details of the Maharshi Valmiki College of Education B.Ed are given below:
|B.Ed||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in general Bachelor’s Degree
Medium: English and Hindi
Intake: 110 Subjects: 5
Fees per annum: INR 8310
Read More: Maharshi Valmiki College of Education Fees
Maharshi Valmiki College of Education Admission
Admissions to the course are made on the basis of an entrance examination conducted by Delhi University. The final selection is based on the rank obtained in the entrance exam and verification of documents.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official Delhi University website. Download the prospectus and apply online by filling the required details in the application form such as personal, educational details.
- Pay application fees of INR 450 either through online mode (Credit/ Debit card or net banking) or offline mode (Challan at any SBI branch).
- After the exam, the University releases a merit list, and students are selected on the basis of the rank obtained by them. They have to appear for counseling and submit the self-attested copies of the documents.
- Class X Marks Sheet
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC / ST Certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable).
- Three passport size photographs
- Aadhar card
Maharshi Valmiki College of Education Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Multipurpose Hall with a capacity of 220 people and an LCD projector
- Seminar Room with a sitting capacity of 100 people and portable LCD projector facility
- Separate Common Rooms for both male and female students
- Computer Laboratory with special software facilities for people with visual impairment
- Fully Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Library with a seating capacity of 60 people
- Medical room
- Physical fitness equipment
- Alumni Association for intellectual discussions and discourse.
Ques. Can I apply for the course even though my graduation results are still awaited?
Ques. What documents does a student who is not a former student of the University of Delhi need to produce?
Ques. Can I apply for multiple courses at the same time?
Ques. Is the course in annual mode or semester mode?
Ques. How do I contact the college for more details?