Anandaram Dhekial Phookan college (A.D.P College) was established in 1959 and name after an illustrious son of Assam, Anandaram Dhekial Phookan. The college offers various higher secondary, undergraduates, postgraduates, diploma and certificates courses in the field of arts and science.
Some of the facts related to the college are:
- In 1978 the college introduced Science Stream
- In 2004 the college was awarded ‘B’ grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council.In 2006-2007 college has introduced vocational subjects, both degree and certificate courses , to provide career opportunities
- The aim of the college is to provide education to all people spective of caste, creed, religion and sex
- The college is motive is to make learning effective and to make academic excellence
Clubs - The college has following cells:
Career Counselling Cell
Students face numerous problems while choosing their career , so the college’s career guidance cell help students about further career option.
This cells helps in women empowerment through welfare measures
NSS and NCC
NSS includes development of the personality of students through creative and constructive social action.
NCC aims at grooming the youth of the country and provide basic military training to the students to develop leadership , sportmenship and secular outlook. College has advanced course on First Aid certified by NCC.
Scout and Guide
The College has scout and guide club
The college facilitate labs for experiments. Labs has following instrument:
- Research Microscope with camera
- Leminas flow and Spectro Photometre
- Biotech Hub with modern equipments.
- Language laboratory
Each department has computer facility with wireless network connection
The library of the college is well equipped with:
- 43,340 books which include textbooks, reference books.
- Collection of Gandhian Philosophy, Fashion Designing, Web Designing, Competitive Exams, Bio- Informatics , Ambedkar and Vivekanand studies.
- 26 Magazines and Journals and 10 newspaper.
In 2006 college library installed SOUL software for circulation of books.
OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalogue) also installed for searching books and journals.
College has 2 girls hostels for poor and meritorius with 35 seats of first college and 53 for another.
- UGC Scholarships – It is given to general and OBC/MOBC/SC/ST Category.
- Minority Scholership – Annual Income certificates from the DDO’s for the students ehose father/ mother is in service and from the circle officer whose father/mother is in not in the services.
- General Scholership – Rs 500 are given to each poor and meritorious belonging to SC/ST and minority community.
Student Aided Fund – Teachers of the college help needy student by giving cash and books from this fund.
U.G.C Assistance –The college receives fund from UGC in terms of :
- Remedial Coaching for SC/ST
- Women study centre
- Gandhian study centre
- Equal opportunity centre