Jesus and Mary College (JMC), New Delhi, established in 1968 is a constituent college of University of Delhi. This institute is run by the Sisters of Jesus and Mary Congregation which was originated in France in 1818. The Institute has been imparting higher education in the Arts and Commerce fields. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of merit scored in the qualifying examination. The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the best four subjects in the 10+2 examination.
Jesus and Mary Major Courses Cut off 2020
|Course||Cutoff List 1 (Gen)||Cutoff List 2 (Gen)||Cutoff List 3 (Gen)||Cutoff List 4 (Gen)||Cutoff List 5 (Gen)||Cutoff List 6 (Gen)||Cutoff List 7 (Gen)|
|B Com (Hons)||96.75||Closed||Closed||NA||96.5||NA||NA|
|BA Economics (Hons)||97.75 (If Economics included in the best four subjects) 99.75 (If Economics not included in best four subjects)||Closed||Closed||97.50% (If Economics included in the best four subjects) 99.50% (If Economics not included in best four subjects)||97.00% (If Economics included in the best four subjects) 99.00% (If Economics not included in best four subjects)||NA||NA|
|BA English (Hons.)||98.00 (Commerce Stream) 96.5% (Science Stream) 96.5% (Humanities)||Closed||Closed||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|BA Hindi(Hons)||65.00||65.00||64.00||63.00||60.00||NA||60% Aggregate (Subject Mark- 64% Hindi and English till 12th)|
|BA History (Hons.)||97.25||97.00||NA||NA||95.25 (If History included in Best four subjects) 97.25 (If History not included in Best four subjects)||NA||NA|
|B.Sc Mathematics (Hons.)||95.00||Closed||NA||NA||94.75||NA||93|
|BA Pol Science (Hons.)||99.00||98.75||NA||96.75% (If Pol Science included in the best four subjects) 98.75% (If Pol Science not included in best four subjects)||NA||NA||NA|
|BA Psychology (Hons)||98.50 (with 85% and above in Psychology) 99.50 (Without Psychology or securing less than 85% in Psychology)||Closed||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|BA Sociology (Hons)||95.00 (If Sociology included in best four subjects) 97.00 (If Sociology not included in the best four subjects)||Closed||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|B.Voc||Healthcare Management: 90% Retail Management & IT: 93%||Healthcare Management: 89% Retail Management & IT: 85%||Healthcare Management: 82% Retail Management & IT: 82%||Healthcare Management: 74% Retail Management & IT: NA||NA||NA||NA|
Jesus and Mary College Admission 2020 Dates
|Registration Begin for UG / PG Courses||20 Jun, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for PG Courses||18 Jul, 2020|
|Class XII Marks Updation Last Date||09 Aug, 2020 – 05 Oct, 2020|
|Last Date for UG Registration||31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Applications Available||20 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Admit Card (Released)||29 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Exam Date||06 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020|
|UG / PG DUET 2020 Answer Key (Released)||26 Sep, 2020|
|First Cutoff Release Date||10 Oct, 2020|
|Admission Against First Cutoff||12 Oct, 2020 – 14 Oct, 2020|
|Fee Payment Deadline (First List)||16 Oct, 2020 (Upto 11:59 p.m.)|
|Second Cutoff Release Date||17 Oct, 2020|
|Third Cutoff Release Date||24 Oct, 2020|
|Fourth Cutoff Released||31 Oct, 2020|
|Fifth Cutoff Released||7 Nov 2020|
|First List for PG 2020 Admissions Released||18 Nov 2020|
Jesus and Mary College Highlights
|Established | Type||1968 | Public|
|Type of Courses||UG, PG, and Certificate Courses|
Jesus and Mary College Courses
The college offers both UG and PG Courses. Jesus and Mary College provides a range of courses to allow for different circumstances and needs of women. While JMC provides Full-time courses it is also the centre of part-time and Distance learning Programmes.
Subjects: Economics, English, Hindi, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology
Eligibility: 10+2 in any stream
Fees: INR 16,000
Subjects: Economics-Entrepreneurship, Economics-Mathematics, Computer Application (ADV), Computer Application – Mathematics, History – Spanish, History – Political Science, Political Science – Sociology, Psychology – Sociology, Psychology – Sociology, Psychology – Philosophy, French – Philosophy
Eligibility: Completed 10+2 from any stream
Fees: INR 15,000
Subject: Health Care Management; Retail Management and IT
Eligibility: Completed 10+2 from any stream
Fees: INR 16,000
Eligibility: Completed 10+2 with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Fees: INR 15,000
Eligibility: Completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Fees: INR 16,000
Eligibility: Completed 10+2 from a relevant stream with 50% marks
Duration: 4 Years
Fees: INR 20,000
Subjects: English and Hindi
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in relevant specialization
Fees: INR 17,000
Courses: Financial Management, Media Studies, Corporate Communication & Public Relations, Camera & Photography, Business Analytics, Fintech Applications, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Eligibility: Completed 10+2 from a relevant stream
Check JMC Courses and Fee
Jesus and Mary College Admission
The Admission process in JMC is quite simple. Being a minority institution, the common form doesn’t work here. Candidates should first apply on the University of Delhi centralized portal, thereafter fill up JMC admission form.
JMC Admission to the undergraduate program in JMC, like everywhere else in DU, depends on the percentage of marks obtained in 10+2 or its equivalent
- JMC Admission is performed after an initial screening of qualifying marks as mentioned by aspiring students at the time of application.
- After the screening, the merit cum cut-off list will be released by the university. Students have to report in the respective colleges along with marks sheet & other desired documents where verification of documents will be performed.
- After completion of admission formalities, college authorities will update the admission status of the student on the UG admission portal. The students will then require paying the admission fee in online mode till 12 noon of the next day.
- Students who could not be able to take admission in the first cutoff of Delhi University could be considered for admission in the subsequent merit lists provided seats are available in the college or course.
- After the publication of the fifth cut-off list, the college will publish the number of vacant seats course & category wise on the website.
- Students applying under sports category and ECA category shall be required to appear for trials along with all original documents/certificates as per the schedule.
Jesus and Mary Colleges Registration: How to apply?
- Visit the Admission portal of Delhi University
- Click on the ‘New Applicant Sign Up’ link and register yourself
- After successful registration, click on ‘Save this information for future reference’ link.
- Visit the home page and click on ‘Registered Candidates Sign In’ link
- Login using registered email id and password and click on apply now
- Fill in the personal and academic details
- Choose your preferred college and course
- Enter bank details
- Upload soft copies of signature, passport size photograph, self-attested photocopies of other required documents
- Pay the application fee through internet banking or credit/ debit card
Jesus and Mary College Cutoff 2019
|Course of Study||Cut-Off Marks|
|B. Com (Hons)||96%|
|Economics||96.25% with Economics and 98.25% without Economics|
|English||97% Commerce stream and 95% Science and Humanities with Core English 94%|
|Hindi||65% Aggregate and 70% in Hindi|
|Political Science||96.5% with Political Science and 98.5% without Political Science|
|Psychology||98% with 85% and above in Psychology. 99% without Psychology|
|Sociology||96% with Sociology and 98% without Sociology|
|B.Sc in Mathematics||95%|
Jesus and Mary College Placements
The college started off with only one reputed company and today there are around 36 reputed companies. Placement cells not only provides ample opportunities but also brings to the student's opportunities for internship, fellowship and campus ambassadorship. It conducts talks and workshops to bridge the knowledge gap between students and companies.
In the year 2019-2020, a total of 102 students have been recruited by various companies. The list includes Deloitte, Grant Thorton, Oberoi Hotels, Royal Bank of Scotland, Zomato, DHFL, Ernst and Young, Evalueserve, Capital IQ to name a few. Apart from this, Aditya Birla Group provides summer and winter internship to the students every year.
Know more JMC Placement
Jesus and Mary College Scholarships
The college offers more than 40 scholarships to deserving and meritorious students to help them achieve their dreams. The college has listed them in 5 different categories. JMC provides financial help to the student securing highest marks in academics, sports and activities. It also provides scholarships to Christian students and wards of the staff. Detailed information of the same can be found in the below-mentioned link.
Click here JMC Scholarships
Jesus and Mary College Facilities
Following are some of the facilities provided by the college to the students:
- Library: The JMC library provides students with a wide range of scholarly journals and books, growing digital media collections and other printed materials to support research and learning. The fully computerized library has approximately 50,000 books and bound journals, total sitting capacity of about 180.
- Gym: The college has a well-equipped indoor and outdoor gymnasium. Trained personnel are available for assistance, guidance, and training to the students.
- JMC also has a multi-purpose hall for various cultural activities and indoor games.
Ques: What are the courses offered by Jesus and Mary college?
Ans: Jesus and Mary College offers various UGand PG management courses.s B.Com, B.Com. (Hons.), BA (Hons.), BA, B.Voc, B.El.Ed. and B.Sc. (Hons.) courses at the UG level and MA course at the PG level. The College offers a few Certificate Courses. These courses are further divided into various specialization options. You should visit the official website of the university for the latest updates.
Ques: What is the stream option in B. VOC provided by Jesus and Mary’s college?
Ans: Jesus and Mary’s college provides two mainstream options for B.VOC. that is BVOC Healthcare Management and B.VOC Retail Management and IT. A student needs to have completed 10+2 from a relevant stream with 50% marks for being eligible for this course.
Ques: What are the eligibility criteria for admission into the MA course in Jesus and Mary college Delhi?
Ans: Admission to the MA course will be done on the basis of merit in the qualifying degree examination. Preference for admission to the MA English course will be given to candidates from the Humanities and Science stream.
Hindi and English are compulsory subjects up to 10+2 to be eligible for admission into the MA Hindi course.
Ques: What are the scholarships provided by Jesus and Mary college?
The All India Oriental Bank Officer's Association Scholarship: INR. 250/- per annum awarded to the best JMC student of 2nd year B.Com (Pass). The student will be selected by the Staff Council of the College.
- The Geeta Chopra Memorial Scholarship: Five scholarships each of INR. 600/- awarded to five students selected by the Staff Council of the College.
- The V. Sankar Aiyar Memorial Scholarship: INR. 900/- awarded to any B.Com student who stands first in the second year of the college.
- The M. Sethuraman Memorial Scholarship: INR. 500/- awarded to the student obtaining the highest marks in the college in the 2nd year of the Psychology Examination of the University of Delhi.
- The Savitri Devi Memorial Prize: INR. 250/- for the student who secures the highest marks in the organizational Psychology Paper among those who have 1st Division.
Ques: What are the certificate programs offered by Jesus and Mary college Delhi?
Ans: The college offers certificate courses in Financial Management, Corporate Communication & Public Relations, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Business Analytics, Fintech Applications, Advertising & Marketing Comm., Media Studies, Camera & Photography