Updated On - September 12th 2019 by PRATYASHA
Jesus and Mary College (JMC), New Delhi, established in 1968 is a constituent college of University of Delhi. This institute is run by the Sisters of Jesus and Mary Congregation which was originated in France in 1818. The Institute has been imparting higher education in the Arts and Commerce fields. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of merit scored in the qualifying examination. The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the best four subjects in the 10+2 examination.
JMC College Highlights
|Type of Courses||UG, PG, and Certificate Courses|
|How to Reach||The nearest Metro station is 13 km far from JMC and several bus routes are also available for the transportation|
The college offers both UG and PG Courses. Jesus and Mary College provides a range of courses to allow for different circumstances and needs of women. While JMC provides Full-time courses it is also the centre of part-time and Distance learning Programmes.
|B.A. (Hons) ||Economics; English; Hindi; History; Political Science; Psychology; Sociology||16,000|
|B.A (Prog.)||Economics; Computer Application; History; Political Science; Psychology; Spanish; Sociology||15,000|
|B.Voc||Health Care Management; Retail Management and IT||16,000|
|M.A||English and Hindi||17,000|
JMC Certificate Courses
The college offers job-oriented add-on certificate programs to students on a first come first serve basis. However, these are optional and do not form part of the university curriculum.
No. of classes: 2-3 days a week
Timings: After 3 P.M.
|Course Name||Fees (INR) |
|Corporate Communication & Public Relations|
|Camera & Photography|
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship |
Check JMC Courses and Fee
The Admission process in JMC is quite simple. Being a minority institution, the common form doesn’t work here. Candidates should first apply on the University of Delhi centralized portal, thereafter fill up JMC admission form. JMC Admission to the undergraduate program in JMC, like everywhere else in DU, depends on the percentage of marks obtained in 10+2 or its equivalent
- JMC Admission is performed after an initial screening of qualifying marks as mentioned by aspiring students at the time of application.
- After the screening, the merit cum cut-off list will be released by the university. Students have to report in the respective colleges along with marks sheet & other desired documents where verification of documents will be performed.
- After completion of admission formalities, college authorities will update the admission status of the student on the UG admission portal. The students will then require paying the admission fee in online mode till 12 noon of the next day.
- Students who could not be able to take admission in the first cutoff of Delhi University could be considered for admission in the subsequent merit lists provided seats are available in the college or course.
- After the publication of the fifth cut-off list, the college will publish the number of vacant seats course & category wise on the website.
- Students applying under sports category and ECA category shall be required to appear for trials along with all original documents/certificates as per the schedule.
JMC Cut Off 2019
|Course of Study||Cut-Off Marks|
|B. Com (Hons)||96% |
|B. Com||95% |
|Economics||96.25% with Economics and 98.25% without Economics|
|English||97% Commerce stream and 95% Science and Humanities with Core English 94%|
|Hindi||65% Aggregate and 70% in Hindi|
|Political Science||96.5% with Political Science and 98.5% without Political Science|
|Psychology||98% with 85% and above in Psychology. 99% without Psychology|
|Sociology||96% with Sociology and 98% without Sociology|
|B.Sc in Mathematics||95%|
The college started off with only one reputed company and today there are around 36 reputed companies. Placement cells not only provides ample opportunities but also brings to the student's opportunities for internship, fellowship and campus ambassadorship. It conducts talks and workshops to bridge the knowledge gap between students and companies.
In the year 2018-19, a total of 102 students have been recruited by various companies. The list includes Deloitte, Grant Thorton, Oberoi Hotels, Royal Bank of Scotland, Zomato, DHFL, Ernst and Young, Evalueserve, Capital IQ to name a few. Apart from this, Aditya Birla Group provides summer and winter internship to the students every year.
Know more JMC Placement
The college offers more than 40 scholarships to deserving and meritorious students to help them achieve their dreams. The college has listed them in 5 different categories. JMC provides financial help to the student securing highest marks in academics, sports and activities. It also provides scholarships to Christian students and wards of the staff. Detailed information of the same can be found in the below-mentioned link.
Click here JMC Scholarships
Following are some of the facilities provided by the college to the students:
- The JMC library provides students with a wide range of scholarly journals and books, growing digital media collections and other printed materials to support research and learning. The fully computerized library has approximately 50,000 books and bound journals, total sitting capacity of about 180.
- The college has a well-equipped indoor and outdoor gymnasium. Trained personnel are available for assistance, guidance, and training to the students.
- JMC also has a multi-purpose hall for various cultural activities and indoor games.