Jhargram Raj College Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Jhargram Raj College is situated at the town of Jhargram, West Bengal It has registered a spectacular growth over the years since its inception. On May 8th , 1999, the college celebrated the completion of 50 years of its glorious existence. The college is affiliated to Vidyasagar University. Various scholarships are also provided by the college.
Regular activities for the students and for the faculty is conducted. Many of the alumni of the college are at the top positions in various government and non-government organisations. Many are reputed academicians. Many have made names in the field of art, music, literature, the college takes pride in them. The college also performs the duty of grooming the present students and looks forward to a brighter future for the coming generations.
Jhargram Raj College Courses Offered
Jhargram Raj College UG Courses
The college offers Science, Commerce and Humanities stream courses for the students . Below are the details of the courses.
|B.Sc.( H) Physics ||47|
|B.Sc. (H) Chemistry||47|
|B.Sc.( H) Mathematics||61|
|B.Sc. (H) Botany||47|
|B.Sc. (H) Zoology||47|
|B.Sc. General Courses in Pure and Bio Science||58|
|B.A(H) Political Science||77|
|B.A. General Course||639|
Jhargram Raj College UG Eligibility
- Intermediate graduates (10+2)
- From West Bengal or other equivalent board or institution
- Minimum 45% in best five in 10+2 for honors courses
- Must have passed in 5 subjects with one language subject.
- Admission is on merit basis
- Admission in Honours courses will be taken after calculating average in 5 subjects.
- For general courses marks obtained in the best five subjects will be added.
Read about Jhargram Raj College Courses & Fee
PG Courses in Jhargram Raj College
Following are the PG courses offered by the college.
|M.Sc. in Chemistry|
|M.Sc. in Zoology|
|Humanities||M.A. in Bengali|
- Admissions are on merit basis
- It is based on the performance in the last qualifying University Exam.
- Admission to each PG Course shall be made through the process of counselling.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission
- Admission form (downloaded) duly signed by the candidate and the guardian.
- Original Payment Receipt of the Admission Fees paid.
- Any age proof
- Original Mark-sheet of (10+2) Examination.
- Original Mark-sheet of graduation degree.
- Two colour photographs to be pasted on the Identity Card Form
- Blood Group Certificate.
- One colour photograph to be pasted on the Admission Form.
- Two photocopies of Original Caste Certificate (Required for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Click here Jhargram Raj College Admission
Jhargram Raj College Scholarships
The college also runs annual scholarship program to provide a wide range of options and a sea of opportunities for students .
- Kanyashree Scholarship : Kanyashree Prakalpa seeks to improve the status and wellbeing of girls, specifically those from socio-economically disadvantaged families through Conditional Cash Transfers
- Jindal Scholarship : The Foundation promots and provides basic needs of the people across various sections of the society in different fields including education, healthcare and rural development without discrimination of caste and creed and religion.
- KVPY Scholarship : The aim of the program is to identify students with talent and aptitude, help them realize their academic potential and encourage them to take up careers in Science.
- Inspire Scholarship : The scholarship is an innovative programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology. The basic objective of inspire scholarship is to communicate to the youth, inculcate creativity, attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R & D base.
- Priyamvada Birla Scholarship : The Priyamvada Birla Scholarship is awarded every year to meritorious students belonging to the low income group, pursuing their studies in under-graduate courses in Colleges and Institutes in West Bengal on Merit basis.
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Child : The objectives of the scheme are to support postgraduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only and also to recognize the value of observance of small family norm.
Jhargram Raj College Facilities And Activities
Jhargram Raj College offers first class facilities and activities to the students. It also follows a marvellous educational method and make their students to improve their skills and knowledge as per industry standards.
Regular projects, workshops, seminars, cultural programmes are also conducted for the overall development of the student.
Co-curricular activities like annual sports, cultural programmes, wall magazine, quiz, debate, students’ seminar etc. are organised by various departments as well as by the Students’ Union on a regular basis.