Regional Institute Of Education, Ajmer Quick Updates

April 9: Registration Deadline for RIE CEE Entrance Test is May 4. Click Here to apply

Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer was established in 1963 with the objective of qualitative improvement in the area of school and teacher education. This institute is the constituent unit of NCERT, New Delhi. It is affiliated to Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University and is graded A+ by NAAC. RIE Ajmer offers BA-B.Ed., B.Sc.-Ed. & B.Ed. at the undergraduate level, M.Ed. at the post-graduate level & Research Program. Admission to the courses is strictly based on the Entrance Examination conducted by NCERT followed by counseling.

RIE Ajmer Highlights

Established | Institute Type 1963 | Government
Affiliation Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University 
Accreditation NAAC
Admission Criteria Merit & Entrance based
Entrance Exam RIE-CEE 
Application Mode Online
Official Website http://www.rieajmer.ac.in/

RIE Ajmer Courses

Following are the courses offered by the Regional Institute of Education Ajmer at different levels:

Course Details
B.Sc.-B.Ed.
  • Duration: 4 years 
  • Eligibility: 10+2 with PCM/PCB at least 50% marks. 
  • Selection criteria: CEE conducted by NCERT 
B.A.-B.Ed.
  • Duration: 4 years
  • Eligibility: 10+2 in Arts, science or commerce with at least 50% marks
  • Selection criteria: CEE conducted by NCERT 
B.Ed.
  • Duration: 2 years
  • Eligibility: B.Tech with Science/Math OR Graduation in Arts/Science with at least 50% marks 
  • Selection criteria: CEE conducted by NCERT 
M.Ed.
  • Duration: 2 years
  • Eligibility: B.Ed. / B.Sc.-B.Ed./ B.A-B.Ed./B.El.Ed. Or D.El.Ed. with at least 50% marks 
  • Selection criteria: CEE conducted by NCERT 
Ph.D.
  • Duration: 3 years
  • Eligibility: Post Graduation in the relevant field
  • Selection criteria: CEE conducted by NCERT 

Read more: RIE Ajmer Courses and Fees

RIE Ajmer Admission

Admissions at the Regional Institute of Education are strictly based on the Entrance Examination conducted by NCERT. Candidates are selected based on the CEE score and merit in the last qualifying exam. 60% weightage is given to the CEE score and the remaining 40% for marks in the qualifying examination.

How to apply? 

  • Visit the official website of RIE, & click on CEE link for the registration process
  • Click on the registration form link available & register valid phone number and email id.
  • Fill up the details & select the centre of exam
  • Upload your recent photograph and signatures 
  • Pay the fee of registration by visiting your nearest HDFC bank branch

Read more: RIE Ajmer Admissions

RIE Ajmer Facilities

  • Library: This institute has a fully furnished and well-documented library for faculties and the students providing vast collection of books on various subjects. 
  • Smart classrooms: RIE has smart classrooms fully equipped with facilities including LCD projectors, Public Address System, recording facilities with audio/video. 
  • Conference Hall: This institute has a fully furnished conference hall that provides facilities including projectors, public address systems, and real-time recordings. 
  • Computer Centre: This institute has a good set up for computer labs. RIE has 2 computer labs each with 50 PCs for the students and faculties. 
  • Sports: The institute carries the best facilities for sports and games like football, tennis, and cricket are being played on the ground of RIE, Ajmer to excel in all physical activities.
  • Other facilities:
    • Hostel
    • Dispensary
    • Bank
    • Guest House
    • Post office
    • Cafeteria

Read more: RIE Ajmer Hostel

RIE Ajmer FAQs

Ques. What is the registration fee of NCERT CEE? 

Ans. The registration fee of NCERT CEE is INR 800 for General & INR 400 for SC/ST/PWD

Ques. Where are the Regional Institute of Educations located?

Ans. The institute is located in 5 different regions of India and these are Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysore & Shillong.

Ques. Is Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer a good institute?

Ans. This institute with the objective of qualitative improvement in the area of school and teacher education is graded A+ by NAAC. It is one of the best institutes that fosters qualitative education with great learning and sports facilities on the campus.

Ques. What is the intake capacity of M.Ed.?

Ans. There are a total of 30 seats available for this course.

Ques. Is there any relaxation in marks for the reserved category?

Ans. Yes, there is 5% relaxation in marks in the qualifying exam for reserved category