Regional Institute of Education, Mysore was founded on 1st August, 1963. It is one among the five such institutions established by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi.
It offers a wide range of courses which include B.Sc. B.Ed., BA B.Ed., M.Sc. Ed., B.Ed., M.Ed. and PhD. Admissions to the above mentioned courses except Ph.D. is made through a common entrance examination.
To be eligible for the B.Sc. B.Ed. (integrated), BA B.Ed. (integrated) and M.Sc. Ed. (integrated) courses, the candidates must have passed 10+2/ Higher Secondary in the relevant streams with at least 50% aggregate marks. For B.Ed., candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree. Similarly for M.Ed., candidates should have scored at least 50% in B.Ed. / B.A.B.Ed. /B.Sc. Ed./B.El.Ed./D.El.Ed. The candidate should hold a Master’s degree with 55% marks for eligibility to PhD.
A large number of companies visit the campus for recruitments. The campus has had a 100% placement record over the past couple of years.
The Regional Institute of Education, Mysore Highlights
|Established | Type||1963 | Government|
|Set by||National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi.|
|Entrance Exam||NCERT - CEE|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc. B.Ed., BA B.Ed., M.Sc. Ed., B.Ed., M.Ed., and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Assembly Hall, Play grounds, Classrooms, Hostels, Laboratories|
RIE Mysore Courses
The following tabulation covers the courses provided at The Regional Institute of Education, Mysore and their key details:
|B.Sc. B.Ed. (integrated)||Duration : 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2/ Senior Secondary/ Higher Secondary (or equivalent) in Science (PCM/ PCB) by scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate
Specializations : Science and Mathematics
|BA B.Ed. (integrated)||Duration : 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2/ Senior Secondary/ Higher Secondary (or equivalent) in Science/ Commerce/ Arts by scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Specializations: English and Social Science
|M.Sc. Ed. (integrated)||Duration : 6 years
Eligibility Criteria : 10+2/ Senior Secondary/ Higher Secondary (or equivalent) in Science and Mathematics (PCM) by scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate
Specializations: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
|B.Ed.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: At least 50% marks in Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Science/ Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science or Mathematics or in Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Social Science/Humanities.
Specializations: Science and Mathematics/ Language & Social Science
|M.Ed.||Duration : 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: At least 50% marks in B.Ed. / B.A.B.Ed./B.Sc. Ed./B.El.Ed./D.El.Ed. (with bachelor’s degree in Arts/Science)
|Ph.D.||Specializations : Education, Psychology and Botany
Eligibility Criteria: Master’s Degree with 55% marks.
Read More: RIE Mysore Courses & Fee
RIE Mysore Admission
Admissions to the courses provided at The Regional Institute of Education, Mysuru take place through marks obtained in Common Entrance Exam (CEE) conducted by NCERT, New Delhi.
For PhD admissions, an entrance test is conducted and is followed by an interview round.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of NCERT CEE.
- A valid email id and mobile number shall be required as username and password shall be sent on the same.
- After receiving the login credentials, fill in the online application form with the required details. After submitting, no correction/ editing shall be allowed.
- Next, choose the desired exam center and enter choices of the desired program. Enter educational details.
- Upload scanned copies of signature and photograph.
- Next, make the payment of the application fee in online mode via credit / debit card or internet banking. For offline payment, take a printout of the e-challan and deposit the fee in any nearby HDFC bank.
- Retain a printout of the complete application form for future correspondence.
- Candidates clearing the CEE shall be required to submit a copy of the printout along with photocopies of the relevant mark sheets at the time of admission.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Graduation mark sheet (if applicable)
- Caste/ Category Certificate
- CEE Hall Ticket
- Permanent Residence Certificate
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- CEE Score/ Rank Card
- Any other relevant document
Read More: RIE Mysore Admission
RIE Mysore Placement
The institute has always brought in a large number of companies for recruitment. With every passing year, there has been an increase in the number of students placed through campus recruitment activity. The institute has a marvelous record of 100% campus placement.
Read More: RIE Mysore Placement
RIE Mysore Scholarship
To help the needy and meritorious students in bearing the college expenses, NCERT grants scholarships. The scholarships are available for all the SC/ ST students and 50% of other category students. The scholarship is linked to student attendance. In order to continue the scheme, the student has to clear all the papers of the previous two semesters.
Read More: RIE Mysore Scholarship
RIE Mysore Facilities
To cater to the needs of the students and the staff, the institute provides a wide array of facilities.
- Hostels: The hostels at the campus are well furnished and equipped a dining hall with metal tables and chairs, modern appliances equipped kitchen, RO water supply, tap water for domestic purposes, Wi – Fi Connectivity, uninterrupted power supply, TV room, Computer room and security.
- ICT: The institute has state of the art ICT infrastructure with 100 mbps internet connectivity under National Knowledge Network (NKN) with digital media studio and IT enabled smart classrooms/conference rooms. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled including the hostels.
- Play Ground: The campus has multiple playgrounds for volleyball, basketball, football, cricket, lawn tennis and other sports and games facilities.
- Classrooms: Having adequate number of classrooms for conducting all the courses which are being offered, the institute also has five classrooms equipped with internet based video conference systems and interactive whiteboards. These classrooms are directly linked to the digital studio in the institute. Many classrooms are also equipped with multimedia facilities.
- Assembly Hall: The College has an assembly hall with an accommodation of 250 people.
- Laboratories: The College has several laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, Computer, Geography, Language, Psychology etc.
RIE Mysore Faculty
With the highly educated, qualified and hard working staff at The Regional Institute of Education, Mysuru, the institute is committed to imparting strong educational foundations, morals and ethical values in the hearts, minds, actions and thoughts of the students.
Principal- Prof. Yagnamurthy Sreekanth.
Read More: RIE Mysore Faculty
RIE Mysore FAQs
Ques. How is the Library at The Regional Institute of Education, Mysuru?
Ques. What are the hostel timings?
Ans. The hostels open at 6.00 AM and close at 8.00 PM. The mess timings are:
Breakfast : 7.30 AM - 8.30 AM
Lunch : 12.45 PM - 1.45 PM
Evening Tea with Snacks : 5.30 PM - 6.30 PM
Dinner : 7.30 PM - 8.30 PM
Ques. What is the function of the Educational Technology Cell (ET Cell)?
Ques. How is the Audio Studio at the ET Cell?
Ques. What additional facilities are there at the campus?