Kishinchand Chellaram College (KC College) established in 1954 is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra. Within a span of two years, it was awarded with the permanent affiliation.
The institute offers professional and vocational courses such as B.Sc. in Information Technology, Bachelor of Mass Media (B.M.M.), Computer Applications, Bachelor of Arts in Films Television and New Media Production, B.Sc. Computer Science, Bachelor in Accounts and Finance, Bachelor in Banking and Insurance, and Biotechnology and Industrial Chemistry. It is ranked in Top 10 institutes of India.
Check KC College Reviews
KC College Mumbai Highlights
|Established | Type||1954 | Public|
|Set by||Government of Maharashtra|
|Entrance exams||JRF / UGC-NET|
|Courses Offered||10 courses across 5 streams|
|Popular courses||B.M.M, M.A, B.Sc., BMS, BA, M.Sc., and M.Com.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance-based|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, Axis bank, Yes Bank, GREY, Taj group, and Wipro, etc.|
|Facilities Available||NSS, Computer Labs, Cafeteria, Gym, Medical, Communication Centre, Auditorium, and Sports, etc.|
KC College Mumbai Ranking/ Achievements
Kishinchand Chellaram College has achieved many ranking and achievements. Given below are some of the stats of them:
- The college occupied 30th rank for Arts, 27th for Science, 13th for Mass Communications, and 21st for Commerce in the India today Ranking for 2020.
- In the year 2019, the college was ranked at 13th for Mass Communications by India today Ranking and 10th for Mass Communications by The Week Ranking.
- It was ranked at 25th for Commerce by The Week Ranking in 2020 and 31st for Commerce by The Week Ranking in 2019.
- The institution is also got ranked 28th for Science in 2020 and 31st in 2019 by The Week Ranking.
- It is ranked at 34th for Arts by The Week Ranking 2020 and 39th for Arts by The Week Ranking 2019.
KC College Mumbai Courses
The various UG and PG courses under Arts, science, Commerce, and variety of disciplines are being offered by the institution are as follows:
|B.M.M||Journalism and Advertising||Candidate must have passed 10+2/ PUC or equivalent exam in the relevant stream.|
|M.A||Mass Communication & Journalism, Entertainment, Media and Advertising, and Hindi||Candidate must hold graduation or equivalent exam in the relevant stream.|
|B.Sc.||Marketing, Human Resource, and Finance||Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination.|
|M.Sc.||Statistics, information technology, chemistry, and Biochemistry||Candidates must have a UG degree in the relevant science stream.|
|M.Com.||-||Candidate must have done Graduation in the relevant or allied discipline/ subject.|
|BA||Psychology, Film, Television and New Media Production, English, Political Science, Economics, History, Statistics, Ancient Indian Culture, Sociology, and Hindi||Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination.|
|BMS||Marketing, Human Resource, and Finance||Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination.|
|Ph.D.||Hindi, Organic Chemistry, and Nuclear Radiochemistry||Candidate must hold a PG degree in the relevant discipline.|
Read More KC College Mumbai Courses and Fees
KC College Mumbai Admission
Admissions at the institution are either merit-based or entrance-based depending upon the course levels.
For courses like BA, B.Sc., B.Com., BMM, BA JOURNALISM and BMS, candidates are selected based on first come first serve. Whereas, for courses like Ph.D., the candidates are selected based on the entrance test followed by the interview process. PG course admission will also be done on Merit basis.
The application processes are always towards the admission into all courses.
- Candidates should register themselves online first via the University of Mumbai website and must create username and password.
- All the details in the registration form must be filled correctly.
- After choosing Kishinchand Chellaram College as the preferred institution in the registration form, one must submit it and take out a printout of the Submission Copy and the Student Copy.
- The submission copy must be attached to the admission form of KC College which can be obtained by contacting the institute over call.
- Candidate must enter valid email address and phone number for communication purpose.
- Candidates who are from outside-Maharashtra Boards will have to fill in provisional eligibility form in the institute office before payment of fees.
Read More KC College Mumbai Admission
KC College Mumbai Placements
KC College has placement cell that helps the students to get jobs into top companies like Accenture, Axis bank, Yes Bank, GREY, Taj group, and Wipro, etc. and provides them with higher salary / stipends.
Read More KC College Mumbai Placements
KC College Mumbai Facilities
Given below are the facilities provided by the institution:
- Library- The library has 58,000 documents (app.), 60 periodicals and 30 journals. The library also comprises of books, journals, Cd ROMS, maps, and reference books, etc. making it one of the biggest libraries in the city.
- Cafeteria- The cafeteria is very spacious and offers hygienic food at much affordable rates with a relaxing time for the students to relax, interact and do their pending works.
- Sports Room- The college has a recreation hall for hosting many indoor games like TT, Chess, and Carrom. As per the university rules, the students who participate in sports and represent the college at different levels get grace marks in their academic record.
KC College Mumbai Faculty
The faculty of the institution has a well-educated principal Dr. Hemlata K Bagla. The institution departments are occupied with experts and highly qualified professors.
The stats of the faculty members in the institution are as follows:
- Associate professors:8
- Assistant professor:1
Read More KC College Mumbai Faculty
KC College Mumbai FAQs
Ques. What is the total fees of B.M.M course at KC college Mumbai?
Ans. A total of the course fee for the general category students is INR 56,285, INR 7,415 for SC/ST, and INR 67,125 for NRI students.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission in KC college Mumbai?
Ans. Submission Copy of registration with University of Mumbai, Photocopies of 10th & 12th standard mark-sheets, Photocopy of Reserved Category status (if applicable), Transfer Certificate, 10th & 12th std. school leaving & passing certificates and Migration Certificate (for students other than MH State Board) are the documents needed while at admission process.
Ques. What is the attendance policy at KC college Mumbai?
Ans. The college has strict attendance policy that mandates the student to hold a minimum of 75% attendance.
Ques. What is the minimum salary offered through the placement at KC college Mumbai?
Ans. The minimum salary at the institution is INR 2.4 LPA.
Ques. Which University is KC college Mumbai affiliated to?
Ans. The college is affiliated to University of Mumbai.