Established by its founder Late Syed Tafazzul Karim in 1946, Karim City College is one of the leading educational institutions in eastern India. This minority institution is presently spearheaded by managing trustee Syed Ashfaque Karim and was set up with a mission to impart the best education and skills to the weaker sections of society in Jamshedpur.
Facts and Figures of Karim City College-
Name of the organization running the Institution
Karimia Trust, Jamshedpur
No of courses running
NAAC with B Grade
No of Companies Visited
Total No of students Placed
Karim City College has a partnership with Ignou with regard to offering distance learning courses. Karim City College also collaborates with the Aligarh Muslim University Distance Education Study Centre with regard to organizing workshops on stress management, acing interviews, entrepreneurship, leadership skills, public speaking, decision making skills and more.
The college has multiple scholarship programmes on offer for students:
- Stipends are offered to students belonging to OBC, SC and ST categories courtesy the district welfare department.
- Scholarships are offered to students from OBC, SC and ST categories and minority communities in addition to BPL Card holders and physically challenged candidates under Plan XI of the UGC. An amount of INR 200 is provided to 50 students by the college under this scheme.
- Free studentship is provided to 12.5% of students admitted to the college post assessment of merit. Admission concessions are also provided to deserving students.
Why to Join Karim City College?
- Career Planning & Guidance Cell: The college has a special guidance and career planning cell which holds seminars, career talks, workshops and psychological testing programs for students.
- Dedicated industry partnership: Apart from ensuring the presence of major corporates at campus placements, the placement cell also has a partnership with global IT conglomerate Wipro.
- Helpful certificate and vocational programmes: There are several add-on vocational programmes and certificate courses that help impart job oriented skills and special training to students.
- E-classroom: The college has already set up a dedicated e-classroom equipped with a smart board, overhead projector and online connectivity. Many more smart classrooms are in the pipeline.