Institute of Science & Technology for Advanced Studies & Research (ISTAR) is one of the leading IT Research Institutes in India, particularly Gujarat. The Institute is well sponsored by University and Government in order to cater the needs of education & research in Computer science & technology. Its State-of-Art- infrastructural facilities fulfill the needs of its students and provide an apt platform to conduct research. ISTAR is offering certificate, post-graduate and doctorate courses in computer application under the direction of its qualified academicians and course-curriculum prescribed by GTU.
Facts and Figures:-
Year of Foundation
Charutar Vidya Mandal(CVM)
- Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar
- Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad
6 Storey Building equipped with modern amenities
As per University Norms
Hi-tech Computer & Laptop laboratory with Wi-Fi Facility furnished with over:
- 50 Laptops and
- 40 networked desktops
- IBM X3650 M3 and IBM X series 226 servers
Modular library stocked with :
Books : 11331
Periodicals : 39
Journals : 6000
E-Books : 97000(N-List)
CDs/DVDs : 1183
E-Resources via SOUL 2.0 Software
Number of companies visited in past years for placement
Over 25 companies (MCA students)
% of students placed during last year
Average Salary offered during last year
1.5 to 2.00 lacs p.a.
Workshops, Seminars etc.
Financial support to deserving OBC/SC/ST/EWS students. In all, 250 scholarships are sponsored by PSUs .
How to reach
- 1 hour 36 mins. from Sardar Vallabhbhai International Airport, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- 43 mins. From Nadiad Railway Station, Ahmedabad
- 42 minutes from ST Nagar Bus Stand, Ahmedabad for Inter-city bus service.
Why to Join ISTAR, Ahmedabad?
1. Centre of Quality education: ISTAR has been accredited by International Accreditation Organization for its brilliant and dedicated teaching methods and infrastructure. Also, it provides valuable opportunities to its faculty and students (in 5th Semester) to go abroad and attend international forums & workshops under Global Experience Program to gain exposure and global trends.
2. Presence of Anti Ragging Cell: The institute has dedicated grievance cells to address the grievances & ragging issues of students.