Jabalpur Engineering College, Jabalpur was established in July 1947. The Institute is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalya. It is Second Engineering College in India and is the premier institution of engineering in Central India.
JEC offers B.E degree courses in eight disciplines and nine postgraduate courses in engineering fields, three postgraduate courses in Applied Sciences, and M.C.A.
Admissions are on the basis of entrance exams for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The institute accepts JEE Main, MP-PET, GATE scores for the purpose of admission.
Some of the major highlights of the Jabalpur Engineering College are given below:-
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi ProudyogikiVishwavidyalya|
|Entrance Exam||B.E- MP-PET, JEE(MAINS) M.E.-GATE|
|Courses Offered||B.E., M.E., MSc, MCA, Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Top Recruiters||Zensar, Wipro, Capital Via|
|Campus Area||255 Acres|
|Facilities||Library, Sports, Hostel, NCC Cadet Crop|
JEC Ranking/ Achievements
The Jabalpur Engineering College was honoured as the "Best Government Engineering College" in India for two years in a row (2011-2012) by Star News. Once, Outlook India ranked Jabalpur Engineering College at no.34 in India. It is the first institute to have started Electronics and Telecommunication engineering education in the country.
Some extraordinary achievements of the college are:
- Fuller Energy Awards (state level) selection.
- Renewable Energy Park-Govt. of India
- ERNET-AICTE Facility for distance learning and digital library.
- CORE (Centre of Relevance & Excellence) by TIFAC(Dept. of Science& Technology of Govt. of India)
- CIIILP(Canada India Industry Linkage Project)
All other details of the courses offered at Jabalpur Engineering College are given underneath:-
|B.E.||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with a minimum aggregate of 75% from any recognized board.
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Industrial and Production Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering
|M.E.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science field with minimum aggregate of 55 %(45% for SC/ST).
Specializations: Heat Power Engineering, Machine Design., Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, High Voltage Engineering, High Voltage and Power System, Control System and Communication System.
|MCA||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with Maths as compulsory subject in 10+2 or graduation and should have a minimum aggregate of 55% (45%for SC/ST).
|MSc||Duration: 2 Years
Departments: Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry, and Applied Mathematics
Eligibility: Graduate Degree with PCM as compulsory subjects and scoring a minimum aggregate of 55%.
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Post Graduate in a relevant discipline or an equivalent qualification.
Check JEC Courses & Fees
Admissions in JEC are purely based on the basis of entrance exams for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Admission to B.E degree courses is based on the State level Pre-Engineering Test, MP-PET conducted every year by the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board Bhopal.
- For M.Sc. selection is purely based on the percentage obtained in B.Sc. degree examination, For MSC admission is based on the percentage obtained in B.Sc. degree.
- Admission in ME is based on the GATE score
- Selection in MCA is on the basis of merit of previous qualifying degree
How to Apply?
- The mode of application for admission is online due to the current pandemic.
- Candidate would have to register themselves on the official website and then under the Renewal Admission Tab they should upload the necessary documents and pay the Application fee.
- Application fee is INR 750
Read more: JEC Admission
JEC holds a good record for placement. Students from the Computer Science branch, Mechanical branch, and Electronic got placements a maximum number of times. Packages go for a maximum of 8 lakhs per annum with an average of around 3.5 lakhs per annum. Every year esteemed companies visit the campus for recruitment and some of the top recruiters are:
- Capital Via
- Tech Mahindra
- Persistent Systems Limited
Click here JEC Placement
- The college provides almost every basic facility to the students as well as to the faculty of teachers to enhance their experience and knowledge. Some of the major facilities are as follows:-
- Library: JEC has a library which contains all type of books, journal, study material, e-books, project material. The library has all the standard textbooks.
- Sports: The College has all the facilities for sports. The campus consists of a playground an indoor basketball court, volleyball, ground, T.T. Tables, and a Tennis court which encourages students in different sports.
- Hostel: The College has a boys hostel and also a girls hostel. Single seated and double-seated rooms are available. It's very convenient for students who come from distant places.
- NCC Cadet Crop: JEC has NCC Cadet Crop which helps students train and to gain leadership qualities. It regularly motivates youths by giving them training and setting up camps. They create an environment for the student to help them make a career in the armed forces.
- Other Facilities:
- Post Office
- A multi-station gymnasium
- Two auditoriums
- Open-air theatre having a capacity of 3000
- College dispensary
- Central Workshop
- Well Equipped Laboratory
Faculty of JEC is professional and all the professors are highly qualified and most of them have done PhD in their respective subjects.
Dr. S.S Thakur - Principal
No. of associate professors – 30+
No. of assistant professors – 80+
Also check JEC Faculty
Ques. Does Jabalpur Engineering College have a Hostel facility?
Ques. How is the faculty of the Jabalpur Engineering College?
Ques. Does Jabalpur Engineering College provide any Scholarship?
Ques. What is the career prospects after B.E. in Computer Science from Jabalpur Engineering College?
Ques. What is the Highest package of Jabalpur Engineering College?