Panipat Institute of Engineering and Technology (PIET), is a Private College that was established in the year 2006. It is governed by Vidyapeeth Education Trust and affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and approved by AICTE, Government of India. Sprawling over 20 acres of land space, the institute’s main aim is to promote academic growth by offering Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Engineering and Management disciplines. The college provides international internships in countries like the UK, the USA, Sweden, Germany, etc.
PIET Panipat, being in the league of top 10 engineering colleges in Delhi NCR, attracts a large number of companies to its campus for placements. It has the best placements record in Haryana. Consistently rated amongst the top engineering colleges in Haryana year after year and has become one of the best engineering institutes in India.
Check PIET Panipat Admission Process
Type of Institution
Vidyapeeth Education Trust
AICTE, New Delhi
|Accredited by||NBA | NAAC ‘A+’ Grade|
- University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Stevens Institute of Technology, New Jersey, USA
- University of Rome Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
- Athlone Institute of Technology, Ireland, Dublin
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, USA
- AARHUS University
- Teesside University
70, Milestone, G.T. Road, Samalkha
Panipat - 132102, Haryana, India
- Qualified and experienced faculty members, many of them are from IIT's, NIT's, IIM's, BITs and other reputed universities.
- Hosted Smart India Hackathon organized by AICTE & MHRD(Govt. of India), where
Honorable PM Shri Narendra Modi Interacted with PIETians via video conferencing.
- PIET's Computer Science & Engineering department is the only NBA accredited department in the state.
- PIET is a trendsetter of Education 4.O in North India and is preparing students for the latest industrial revolution with courses in emerging technologies.
- Start-up Incubation Center to help the "Entrepreneur" in you to start your own business and become a Job provider.
- Flipped Classrooms in PIET are equipped with a 3D Projector and Automated video lecture capturing system.
- Providing new-age learning experience with an AI-based evaluation system and blended learning to its students.
- Tie-up with the world-class universities for Internship/student exchange programs.
- Awarded for best placements in the region with the highest package of INR 54 LPA and 450+ reputed corporate houses to recruit students from PIET.
- Panipat Institute of Engineering & Technology, Haryana is ranked number 1 in the state of Haryana.
- PIET campus adjudged and awarded as one of the ‘Clean Campus Award-2017’ by AICTE.
- The onwards drive has added one more feather to its glorious cap by bagging two prestigious awards of Academic Excellence in NCR-2014 & Best placement in NCR-2014 bestowed by Hon’ble Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Government of India, Dr. Shashi Tharoor on 14th April 2014.
- PIET has adjudged the Best Engineering College of 2014 in Delhi-NCR and was awarded the certification of proud distinction by Honorable Minister of Communication & Information and Minister of Law & Justice, Government of India Mr. Kapil Sibal on 10th January 2014.
- Awarded ‘Campus Preparedness Award’ 2015 by Higher Education Forum, Chandigarh.
- Awarded ‘Dainik Bhaskar Edunite’.
- Awarded ‘Best Engineering College in Haryana’ by Dialogue India.
- Awarded ‘Best Placement in Delhi-NCR’ 2016 by Hon’ble Sh. Upendra Kushwaha, Minister of Human Resource Development, Government of India and Hon’ble Smt. Kirron Kher, Member of Parliament.
Panipat Institute of Engineering & Technology Courses
Under PIET Admission 2019, the college has a wide range of courses for the undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma levels in engineering fields. At the UG level, the college offers B.Tech in six specializations with Lateral Entry options available from the second year of each discipline. Apart from engineering undergraduate degrees, the college provides some more UG courses such as BBA, BCA, B.Voc. in BFSI (Banking Financial Service & Insurance). At the Postgraduate level, MBA, and MCA programs are offered by the institution so far. There are diploma level courses are also provided by the institute in Mechanical Engineering and Pharmacy. There are provisions of Lateral Entry to the varied courses at different levels through LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test) entrance exam conducted by Haryana State Govt.
Check PIET Panipat Fee Structure
- For B.Tech & B.Tech (Hons.) admission, a candidate has to produce a 10+2 certificate with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/ CS/ Information Practices as subjects, scoring at least 45% of aggregate marks (42.75% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- For MBA admission, a UG degree in any discipline from a recognized university with 50% aggregate marks (47.5% marks for SC/ST) and a valid score in CMAT/ MAT entrance tests.
- For MCA admission, a UG degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks (47.5% for SC/ST) having Maths/ Statistics as one of the subjects.
- For BBA admission, 10+2 pass with 50% marks in any stream having English as a compulsory subject from any recognized board.
- For BCA admission, 10+2 pass with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks via any recognized board.
- For B.Voc (BFSI), a candidate has to produce a 10+2 pass certificate with 45% marks (42.75% for SC/ST Candidates) having English as a compulsory subject from any recognized board.
- For B.Pharma, 10+2 Examination conducted by the respective State/ Central Govt. authorities recognized as equivalent to 10+2 examination by the association of Indian Universities (AIU) with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (P.C.M.) and or Biology (P.C.B./P.C.M.B) as optional subjects.
- For D.Pharma, 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Bio/ Maths from a recognized board.
- For Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Pass in 10th Examination with at least 35% (33% for SC/ ST) marks from Board of School Education, Haryana or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- For Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (LEET), ITI of at least two years’ duration or 10+2 with PCM or 10+2 vocational.
PIET, Panipat has a unique approach to students’ recruitment needs via its centralized Training and Placement (T&P) Cell which works on a pace to provide maximum placement opportunities to the interested students. The cell invites the leading brands of the corporate world to campus recruiting sessions every year for the sake of offering maximum recruitment possibilities for the students. Some renowned names of the corporate world share the stage during the PIET Panipat Placements sessions at the campus every year with an eye to hire worthy employees at their various designations. Some of the prominent recruiters of the cell which visit the campus frequently at every year are like Wipro, Syntel, Accenture, HCL, Cognizant, IBM, Sasken, CSC, AIG Software, iGate, i-flex, etc. Some of the placement highlights are listed below:
- More than 120 corporate houses have recruited Students from the institute.
- Students working on NASA projects with Southwest Research Institute, USA.
- All the three wings of Indian Defense Services recruited students from PIET campus.
- The highest package goes as high as INR 54 Lacs Per Annum.
- Average salaries INR 3.15 Lacs Per Annum.
The following graph depicts the package wise placement of students:
Extensive Digital Library: PIET consists of a central library and also has several departmental libraries. This system enables the library to open for extended hours and connects the users with Virtual Reference & Referral Services Digital, Mobile Services, Internet communications, Digital Resources, Reprography Services, Book Bank Service & Inter-Library Loan.
PIET Panipat Hostel: PIET offers a superb boarding complex to its students. The rooms are elegant and well- ventilated, cavernous and cozy. Two students can stay in a room comfortably. The boys’ hostel has the capacity of about 200 boys (extendable up to 250) whereas the girl’s hostel can house 50 girls (can be extended up to 100). Hostels have Gym, Common Rooms, Badminton Courts, Volleyball ground and facilities for other indoor games.
- Architecture: The hostel buildings are remarkable pieces of architecture.
- Common Rooms: Spacious Common Rooms are provided in all the hostels, which are a place for constructive activities like indoor games, discussions and get together within the hostel.
- Rooms: Well-furnished and spacious rooms are there for boys and girls each.
Open Air Theatre: An Open Air Theatre has been built for the Pietians to provide a boost to the co-curricular activities and other various cultural function.
Check: PIET Panipat Hostel Fees