Panipat Institute of Engineering and Technology (PIET), is a Private College which was established in the year 2006. It is governed by Vidyapeeth Education Trust and affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra and approved by AICTE, Government of India. Sprawling over 16 acres of land space, the institute’s main aim is to promote academic growth by offering Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Engineering and Management disciplines. The college provides international internships in countries like UK, USA, Sweden, Germany, etc.
Check PIET Panipat Admission Process
Type of Institution
Vidyapeeth Education Trust
70, Milestone, G.T. Road, Samalkha
Panipat - 132102, Haryana, India
Panipat Institute of Engineering & Technology Courses
Under PIET Admission 2019, the college has a wide range of courses for the undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma levels in engineering fields. At the UG level, the college offers B.Tech in six specializations with Lateral Entry options available from the second year of each discipline. Apart from engineering undergraduate degrees, the college provides some more UG courses such as BBA, BCA, B.Voc. in BFSI (Banking Financial Service & Insurance). At the Postgraduate level, M.Tech (CSE), MBA, and MCA programs are offered by the institution so far. There are diploma level courses are also provided by the institute in Mechanical Engineering and Pharmacy. There are provisions of Lateral Entry to the varied courses at different levels through LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test) entrance exam conducted by Haryana State Govt.
Check PIET Panipat Fee Structure
- For B.Tech admission, a candidate has to produce 10+2 certificate with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/ CS/ Information Practices as subjects, scoring at least 45% of aggregate marks (42.75% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- For MBA admission, UG degree in any discipline from a recognized university with 50% aggregate marks (47.5% marks for SC/ST) and a valid score in CMAT/ MAT entrance tests.
- For MCA admission, UG degree in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks (47.5% for SC/ST) having Maths/ Statistics as one of the subjects.
- For M.Tech admission, B.Tech with 50% aggregate marks (47.5% for SC/ST candidate) with a valid GATE score.
- For BBA admission, 10+2 pass with 50% marks in any stream having English as a compulsory subject from any recognized board.
- For BCA admission, 10+2 pass with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks via any recognized board.
- For B.Voc (BFSI), a candidate has to produce 10+2 pass certificate with 45% marks (42.75% for SC/ST Candidates) having English as a compulsory subject from any recognized board.
PIET, Panipat has a unique approach to students’ recruitment needs via its centralized Training and Placement (T&P) Cell which works on a pace to provide maximum placement opportunities to the interested students. The cell invites the leading brands of the corporate world to campus recruiting sessions every year for the sake of offering maximum recruitment possibilities for the students. Some renowned names of the corporate world share the stage during the PIET Panipat Placements sessions at the campus every year with an eye to hire worthy employees at their various designations. Some of the prominent recruiters of the cell which visit the campus frequently at every year are like Wipro, Syntel, Accenture, HCL, Cognizant, IBM, Sasken, CSC, AIG Software, iGate, i-flex, etc. Some of the placement highlights are listed below:
- More than 120 corporate houses have recruited Students from the institute.
- Student working on NASA projects with Southwest Research Institute, USA.
- All the three wings of Indian Defense Services recruited students from PIET campus.
- The highest package goes as high as INR 54 Lacs Per Annum.
- Average salaries INR 3.15 Lacs Per Annum.
- Panipat Institute of Engineering & Technology, Haryana is ranked number 1 in the state of Haryana.
- The institute has been awarded as the Best Engineering College in the Delhi NCR region.
- The onwards drive has added one more feather to its glorious cap by bagging two prestigious awards of Academic Excellence in NCR-2014 & Best placement in NCR-2014 bestowed by Hon’ble Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Government of India, Dr. Shashi Tharoor on 14th April 2014.
- PIET has adjudged the Best Engineering College of 2014 in Delhi-NCR and was awarded the certification of proud distinction by Honorable Minister of Communication & Information and Minister of Law & Justice, Government of India Mr. Kapil Sibal on 10th January 2014.
The institute offers many scholarship programs on need and merit basis for the students. It is given at the various level of the programs and for every eligible student.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department of the institution has conducted a one-week short term program on “Design of Experiment and Advanced Optimization Technique” from 10th to 14th July, 2017. The inauguration ceremony was performed by Prof. Dr. Hari Singh, NIT Kurukshetra.
- The Department of Applied Sciences & Humanities, organized 2 weeks Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Entrepreneurship in-association with ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad from 19 June to 1 July, 2017. The program was sponsored by National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, Department of Science and Technology, GOI.
- A National Level STC (ICT Based) on “Cyber Security and Forensic Tools” was organized in the institute by the Department of Computer Science & Engineering collaborating with (NITTTR Chandigarh) from 6th February to 10th February, 2017.
The institute regularly organizes National and International level seminars, workshops and conferences to keep the students and members of faculty abreast with the latest developments in economic, social, technical and professional spheres of life. Experts from the field of industry, a world of science (IITs and NITs various Universities) and philanthropists visit PIET and enrich our understanding.
- There was an International Conference held at the premises of the PIET, Panipat on 29th of March, 2019 subjecting “International Conference on Intelligent Systems” organized by Center of Excellence in Data Science and Big Data Analytics sponsored by Indian Council of Social Sciences and Research.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering organized a National Conference on the topic “Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering Research” on August 23-24, 2019.
PIET organizes an annual Inter-Institute Technical and Cultural fest “Maestros” to showcase the skills and talent in various cultural areas like Dancing, Poetry, Singing, Choreography, theatre, Mime etc and various brain games like Project display, Technical Quiz, LAN gaming, Paper presentation, Poster making and many more events to apply the conceptual learning of the students through various means. At Maestro 2k19 held at 6th, 8th to 10th Feb, 2019, it was around 62 colleges and about 60 schools took part during the event. High profile figures like Yo Yo Honey Singh, Dr. Kumar Vishwas, Deep Money, Neha Kakkar, Kapil Sharma, Badshah, Sunil Grover, Ninja, and the latest craze Guru Randhawa made their popular performances during the much-awaited star nights in Maestros.
PIET Quest: Institute recognizes and rewards the latent talents of students in Science, Arts, Commerce stream of classes 11th and 12th and of final year undergraduate students by organizing contest covering the Schools, Polytechnics and Colleges in Sonipat, Panipat, Karnal, Rohtak, Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Shamli, Bagpat Delhi regions. This contest is highly beneficial to students for providing a comprehensive insight into tackling various types of competitions and the Career Counselling sessions held in the Institute by renowned experts. The two-day PIET Quest 2018 was held on April 18-19, 2018. The unique PIET event enlisted the participation of 73,000 students from 438 Schools, Institutes, and colleges in Delhi and Haryana.
Piet is alive to the value of inculcating right attitude among the freshers at the entry point. The objective is to ingrain & nurture in the young minds proper initiation for efficient learning and effective skill- building as complementary assets.
- A three-day induction program is carried out for all the newly admitted students in different streams of Engineering and Management.
- Application specific classes are conducted in different disciplines to bring relatively weak students at par with the rest of the group.
- A Freshers Party ‘Carbuncle’ is organized each year to welcome the new incumbents and allow them open interaction with the seniors so as to promote cooperation, cordiality, and coordination with one another. The event is a pageant of glamour, melody & thrill presented by the freshers & enlivened by a guest superstar of national & international fame.
Its a fresher’s party organized by PIET, Panipat at its premises every year. The aim of this event is to welcome and make every new student feel an integral part of PIET family and gear up for the challenges ahead. Carbuncle has been a night of singing and dancing, fun and frolic, celebrating all the way with the fresh and raw talent of PIET.
Clubs & Societies:
- Literary Club
- Sports Club
- Cultural Club
- Blood donation camps
- Tree plantation drive
- Free education for bright students from society’s weaker section.
Extensive Digital Library:
PIET consists of a central library and also has several departmental libraries. This system enables the library to open for extended hours and connects the users with Virtual Reference & Referral Services Digital, Mobile Services, Internet communications, Digital Resources, Reprography Services, Book Bank Service & Inter-Library Loan.
PIET Panipat Hostel:
PIET offers a superb boarding complex to its students. The rooms are elegant and well- ventilated, cavernous and cozy. Two students can stay in a room comfortably. The boys’ hostel has the capacity of about 200 boys (extendable up to 250) whereas the girl’s hostel can house 50 girls (can be extended up to 100). Hostels have Gym, Common Rooms, Badminton Courts, Volleyball ground and facilities for other indoor games.
- Architecture: The hostel buildings are remarkable pieces of architecture.
- Common Rooms: Spacious Common Rooms are provided in all the hostels, which are a place for constructive activities like indoor games, discussions and get together within the hostel.
- Rooms: Well-furnished and spacious rooms are there for boys and girls each.
Open Air Theatre:
An Open Air Theatre has been built for the Pietians to provide a boost to the co-curricular activities and other various cultural function.