Updated On - November 19th 2018
Kirori Mal College (KMC) New Delhi Admission 2019: Cut Off, Eligibility
Located in New Delhi, Kirori Mal College is one of the oldest colleges of the University of Delhi and was established in the year 1954.
KMC offers UG courses in Arts, Commerce, and Science. There are total 20 different departments and 5 UG courses offered under these departments viz. BA (Hons), B.Com, B.Com (Hons.), B.Sc and B.Sc (Hons.).
- Candidates shall apply online for admission to any UG course in Kirori Mal College.
- Applicants who have secured 55% marks in 10+2 are eligible for admission to B.Sc (Hons.) course, whereas for B.Sc course, candidates with 45% marks in any three out of these subjects viz. Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Computer Science are considered eligible.
- For B.Com, candidates with 40% marks in 10+2 and for B.Com (Hons.), applicants with 45% in 10+2 are declared eligible for admission.
- For BA (Hons.), those who have scored 45% marks in 10+2 are eligible for admission into BA (Hons.) program.
- Selection of the candidates for admission into any UG course is done on the basis of their merit in the qualifying examination as per the rules and guidelines of the University of Delhi.
- University of Delhi releases five cut-off lists and those who have their names on the list should register for admission into the college and course of their choice.
Check: Fee structure of courses offered by Kirori Mal College
Kirori Mal College Highlights Table
|Name of the Institute||Kirori Mal College, New Delhi|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
Kirori Mal College Admission Schedule 2019
|Course Name||Date of Commencement of Online Registration|
|UG Programs||May 15, 2019|
|PG Programs||May 18, 2019|
|PG Diploma in Cyber Security & Law||May 18, 2019|
|M.Phil / Ph.D. Program||May 20, 2019|
Kirori Mal College UG Admission 2019: BA (Hons), B.Com, B.Sc
KMC offers a variety of UG courses. The total intake of students in B.Com is 99, B.Com (Hons.) is 97, BA is 98, BA (Hons.) is 358, B.Sc is 235, and BSc (Hons.) is 458.
The minimum eligibility to apply is 10+2 from a recognized board. Candidates may take admission into any of the UG courses on the basis of their merit in the qualifying examination (10+2/ HSC). Delhi University regulates the admission procedure of the college and releases the cut-off list.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|BA (Hons.)||Economics||45% marks in the qualifying examination||Based on the merit of one language and 3 elective subjects in the qualifying examination|
|B.Sc (Hons.)||Botany||55% aggregate marks in any 3 relevant subjects Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology-Biotechnology/ Mathematics along with one compulsory language||-|
|B.Sc||Physical Sciences||45% marks in any 3 subjects Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Computer Science with 1 compulsory language (English)||-|
|Physical Sciences with Computer Science|
|Applied Physical Sciences (Analytical Chemistry)|
|B.Com||-||40% in the qualifying examination||-|
|B.Com (Hons.)||-||45% in the qualifying examination||-|
- Candidates who are seeking admission into any Hons. course shall pass the subject at the Advanced level.
- Those who are seeking admission into Hons. Course in Physics/ Chemistry should have passed Mathematics and Addl. Mathematics at ordinary level and any one subject at the Advanced level out of Pure Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ and Mathematics (Pure and Applied).
- There are total 22 ½% seats reserved for SC/ ST candidates. Out of which 15% are for SC candidates and 7 ½ % for ST candidates.
- Relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks is provided to the candidates of SC/ ST category.
- If the seats reserved for SC/ ST category remained vacant after 5% of relaxation, there is a provision of providing additional relaxation in order to fill up all the vacant seats.
- It is mandatory to fill all the seats reserved for SC/ ST candidates.
- 27% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC category and 3% seats are reserved for Physically Disabled candidates with 40% disability.
- 5% seats are reserved for candidates of CW category (reservation for armed forces).
Kirori Mal College Application Process 2019
Candidates should visit the website of the Delhi University for online registration. The university has a common registration form for admission to all UG courses. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of Delhi University.
- Register yourself by providing your email id & phone number and then set a password.
- After successful registration, login to your account through your registered email id and password.
- Click on “Apply Now” button.
- Fill all the eight sections of the application form correctly.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Review the application form and proceed to make the payment.
- Pay the application fee of INR 100 for General/ OBC/ Sports/ ECA category or INR 50 for SC/ ST/ PwD category through any electronic payment gateway, viz. Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card.
- Passport sized photograph
- Scanned sign of applicants
- Self- attested copy of Mark sheet of Class 10th/ 12th
- Self- attested copy of Category Certificate
- Self- attested copy of Income certificate
- Self- attested copy of Sports Certificate
- Self- attested copy of Extra-curricular activities certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College