Established in 2000, University Institute of Technology (University of Burdwan) offers undergraduate engineering courses (B.E.) in six different specializations. It also offers two postgraduate engineering courses (M.E) with the specialisation in Computer Science Engineering and Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering. The institute admits 60 students per course annually through WBJEE in its undergraduate course and 18 students per course annually through GATE score in its postgraduate course. Candidates can apply online on the official website of the college for admission.
UIT Burdwan University Highlights 2020
|Established | Institute Type||2000 | Government/Public|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Funded by||Ministry of Human Resource Development and West Bengal State Government|
|Set by||Burdwan University|
|Entrance Exam||WBJEE (Undergraduate course)|
|GATE (Postgraduate Course)|
|Total Students||UG: 60 per course | PG: 18 per course|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Examination|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, IBM, L&T, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Wipro Infotech, Pinnacle|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Computing, Medical, Sports|
UIT Burdwan University Courses Offered
|B.E.||Specialisation: Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation, Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Communication
Duration: 4 years Number of seats:- 60(each discipline)
Eligibility: A person who have passed/appeared in the Higher Secondary examination or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as the main subjects.
Selection Criteria: WBJEE
Total Fees/year:- INR 55,850/-
|B.E.(Lateral Entry)||Specialisation: Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation, Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Communication
Duration: 2 years Number of seats:- 6(each discipline)
Eligibility: A person, who is either a Diploma Holder or have passed B.Sc. examination with specialisation in Mathematics
Selection Criteria: JELET
Total Fees/year:- INR 55,850/-
|M.E.||Specialisation: Computer Science, Electronics and Instrumentation
Duration: 2 years Number of seats:- 18(each discipline)
Eligibility: Any candidate who has passed the B.E/B.Tech degree Examination in the respective specialised field or any equivalent course with at least 60% marks in aggregate
Selection Criteria: GATE
Total Fees/year:- INR 72,700/-
UIT Burdwan Admissions
- Candidates applying for B.E. should have appeared in 10+2 examinations with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as the main subject from a recognized board and should have scored minimum aggregate of 45% for general category candidates
- For S.C./S.T. category, candidate should have scored at least 40% marks in higher secondary examination.
- Admission to B.E. is done based on the score of WBJEE.
- Candidates applying for M.E. should have passed their B.E/B.Tech or M.Sc. degree Examination in the respective field having at least 60% marks in aggregate
- Admission to M.E. is done based on a valid score in GATE.
- For Non GATE candidates, admissions are considered if seats are vacant after admissions by GATE examination.
How to Apply?
- The applications are accepted online through the official website of the university.
- Candidates have to fill their information including their WBJEE score for B.E.
- Further the admissions are done through the counselling process after document verification and fee submission.
- For M.E., students have to fill the form providing their GATE rank. Further selection is done by taking an interview of the candidate.
- For Non GATE candidates, if seats remain vacant after GATE admissions, consideration is done.
WBJEE Cutoff 2019
|Course||Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|B.E. Computer Science and Engineering||General||1963||5512|
|BE (Information Technology)||General||5505||9155|
|BE Electrical Engineering||General||2224||11241|
|BE Applied Electronics & Instrumentation||General||4437||14521|
|BE Civil Engineering||General||5239||13568|
|BE Electronics & Communication Engineering||General||5891||9860|
UIT Burdwan University Placements
University Institute of Technology, Burdwan offers decent placement and internship opportunities for their students by interacting with various reputed companies such as TCS, IBM, L&T, Infotech, Infosysetc and allows their students to sit for the campus placement in the best of the MNCs. The last year placement percentage was around 50% and the top recruiters associated with the college are ech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam, Haldia Petrochemicals, Matix Fertilizer, Wipro Infotech, Pinnacle, Zycus, Indian Army, Indian Navyetc. Few placement statistics are given below:-
|Highest salary package offered||INR 8.5 LPA|
|Lowest salary package offered||INR 2.4 LPA|
|Average salary package offered||INR 4 LPA|
|Number of recruiters||50+|
The institute also offers internship opportunities for its students in MNCs and institutes like ISI, CMERI, Durgapur; NICS, Kolkata; ONGC, NTPC, WebelMediatronics, Philips Carbon, Airport Authority of India, Kolkata; WBSEDCL, NKID etc.
- Hostel- UIT have four Boys’ Hostels and a Girls’ Hostel with equipped facilities like TV in common room, indoor games and internet facilities
- Library- The library consist of a collection of books, journals, newspapers, and magazines providing all necessary information to the students, staff, and faculty of the institute.
- Transport- UIT provides transport facility for the day scholars.
- Medical- UIT provides 24/7 medical facilities for its students with specialised doctors. Students of UIT can avail Students’ Health Home facilities through the universal membership.
- Computing- UIT consist of a computer room with 100 computers and a server room. All labs are connected with a server to provide 24/7 internet facility to its students.
- Internet:- The institute is equipped with several Wifi servers to provide uninterrupted internet facility to its students.
Ques. Is it necessary to opt for the hostel facility?
Ans. No, it is not necessary to opt for hostel facility. However, institute has facility of hostels for both boys and girls. Moreover, the day scholars can opt for university transportation service if they want to.
Ques. Is there a fee concession for reserved category?
Ans. No, the fee structure is same for all the students irrespective of the category, candidates who are eligible can apply for state level scholarship.
Ques. Does the college organize any fest?
Ans. Yes, the college organizes its technical and cultural annual fest namely “WALTZ”, anyoe can participate individually or in group.
Ques. What is the average package in college placements?
Ans. Top recruiters like TCS, IBM, Infosys, and WIPRO visits the campus offering an average package of 4lpa. Alsoit depend upon company and performance of the candidates
Ques. Is scholarship available for the students?
Ans. The college itself does not provide any scholarship. However, one can apply for state or central government scholarships.