Kongunadu Arts and Science College was established in 1973 as a private college in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. KASC offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and M.Phil courses in Arts, Science and Commerce streams. It is affiliated to Bharathiar University and has autonomous status having 13 research departments, 15 PG Departments offered to approximately 5000 students. KASC has more than 50% of female students who play a pivotal role in women empowerment and social justice.
Kongunadu Arts and Science Highlights
|Established | Type||1974 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Bharathiar University|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and M.Phil|
|Recognized by||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|Application Mode||Offline and Online|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Cafeteria, Ragging Curb Committee etc.|
Kongunadu Arts and Science College Rankings
- Kongunadu Arts and Science College has been Re-accredited with "A, Grade - 3.64 CGPA out of 4 (3rd cycle) by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- University of Grant Commission (UGC) has awarded KASC as “College with Potential for Excellence” (CPE) in the year 2011 which was among top selected 50 colleges in India.
- The college also ranked 14th out of 506 under the Anna University.
Kongunadu Arts and Science College Courses
KASC offers various government-aided and non aided undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. courses in arts, science, and commerce streams. Below given is the list of courses offered:
|B.A.||English Literature||Must be 10+2 passed from a recognized board|
|B.Sc||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Information Technology, Computer Technology, Computer Science, Bio-Technology, Costume Design and Fashion||Must be 10+2 passed from a recognized board with Mathematics/Biology/Zoology/Botany|
|BCA||-||Must be 10+2 passed from a recognized board with Science and Mathematics as one of the Subjects|
|BBA||CA||Must be 10+2 passed from a recognized board|
|B.Com||Professional Accounting, CA, Com Banking and Insurance||Must be 10+2 passed from a recognized board with Commerce and Accountancy|
|M.A.||Tamil Literature, English||B.A. Tamil/English or B.Litt./English passed or Part-I Language Tamil/English in UG Level|
|M.Sc||Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Technology, Zoology, Botany, Computer Science, Biochemistry,||B.Sc with Physics/Mathematics/Zoology/Botany/Biomedical Science/Life Science/Botany/Zoology/Nutrition and dietetics.|
|M.Com||International Business||B.Com or B.Com with any specialization|
Kongunadu Arts and Science College Admission
Admission KASC can be done in both online and offline mode. Admissions are made as per the guidelines of Bharathiar University and Tamil Nadu State Government. Application for admission to the College should be submitted only in the prescribed form available in the College Office or on the Website.
- Candidates shall download the open the official website and click on the “Admission” column.
- From the admission column, candidates shall choose the application form for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Government Aided and unaided forms are also available while downloading on the website.
- Candidates shall attach all the required documents in the form and submit it to the principal’s office in person or via post along with the designated registration fees.
- Candidates shall open the official website and click on the “Admission” column.
- From the admission column, candidates shall choose the “Online Registration”
- Candidates should get the “Demand Draft” or “Money Order” in favor of "Kongunadu Arts and Science College" payable at Coimbatore for the amount with the complete address of the applicant and course applied for.
- Candidates should fill all the required details on the website and submit the form online with the Money Order and Demand Draft.
For Ph.D. Programs, Applicants should get the form from the Registrar, Bharathiar University. He/She should attach all the required documents along with the application fee and submit the application form to the Office via post or in person. The selection process will be followed by a personal interview and other formalities as per the norms of the college.
Click here Kongunadu Arts and Science College Admission
Kongunadu Arts and Science College Placement
The placement cell at Kongunadu Arts and Science College has given the tremendous growth in the results of placed students in the previous years. It has 5 staff coordinators from various departments who help the students in nourishing their talent. The college is visited by reputed MNCs across the country for campus recruitment programs.
Students get placed in well-renowned companies from the placement programs and the placement cell at KASC plays a pivotal role in that as it enables students to develop their personality. Students get to develop their personality and presentation skills which helps them in shining bright at the placement programs.
Kongunadu Arts and Science College Scholarship
KASC does not provide any scholarship under its name to its students. However, students seek a scholarship from the State and Central Government to fund their studies. Various NGOs and Non-private organizations also provide scholarships to students who belong to the backward class. Meritorious students can also take benefit of these scholarships. Below given is the list of few scholarships that the students can avail.
- Bharat Petroleum Scholarship for Higher Studies supports the students who wish to study at renowned institutes by funding their college fees. Candidates who have an overall grade point average (OGPA) of not less than 6.0 in the 10 points scale of grading system or its equivalent can apply for this scholarship.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme provides a scholarship of Rs. 10,000 per annum in the first-year undergraduate course who have scored more than 80 percentile in their previous year.
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities provides a scholarship of Rs. 6,000 per annum to the students belonging from the minority category. Students should have more than 50 percentile marks and the family’s annual income should be less than Rs. 2,00,000.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students provides Rs.25,000 per month for the initial 2 years. Candidates must belong from the minority category with the family's annual income should be less than Rs. 2,00,000. Previous Year Percentage should be more than 50 percentile.
Kongunadu Arts and Science College Facilities
KASC offers user-friendly infrastructure which fulfills the needs of the students and faculties. Following are the facilities provided by the Kongunadu Arts and Science College
- Library: The college has an information centre which works as a source of knowledge for the students. Updated books, magazines and ebooks work as a fuel for its meritorious students and also enriches the mind of the readers.
- Auditorium: It is spread over 9000 sq. ft which is a modern marvel. It has 3 LCD Projectors, Hi-definition video, and audio facilities making it the ultimate venue for International and National Seminars, Conferences, Workshops and College Day Functions & Meetings, etc.
- Hostel: The college provides facilities for both girls and boy students inside the campus with all the required facilities for students. A mess is run by the Mess Committee that includes elected students, it has a modern kitchen with a steam heating facility to provide healthy and hygienic food.
- Sports Facilities: KASC has a field for volleyball, throw ball, and badminton in the girls’ hostel. Students are encouraged to use the sports facility to keep themselves physically fit and strong.
Kongunadu Arts and Science College Faculty
Under the guidance of principal, Dr M. Lekeshmanaswamy who is also Associate Professor and Head in Zoology looks after the academic progression of the college. He is a distinguished academician and an eminent researcher who has been a great support to the administrative prospects of our college. KASC has over 50 esteemed professors in over 20 departments.
Kongunadu Arts and Science College FAQs
Ques. Where is the Kongunadu Arts and Science college located?
Ques. Is it a government college?
Ques. Is there a placement cell?
Ques. What facilities are provided by the college?
Ques. Does College offers any scholarship?