Lady Shri Ram College for Women is one of the foremost colleges of the University of Delhi, established in the year 1956. It is ranked 5th among the colleges in Delhi in Arts and Social Sciences, Commerce and Journalism. The College offers more than 16 courses, consists of 150 faculty and 2000 students on 12 acres of land.
LSR college’s score in students’ academic and employability status is 93.8, which is best among top-notch colleges in India. According to NIRF (National Institute Ranking Frame), the college has been able to raise its rank from 9th to 7th on various parameters.
LSR College Campus
Lady Shri Ram College for Women is located in New Delhi’s one of the elite areas i.e., Lajpat Nagar. Students at LSR get to enjoy liberated, friendly and green environment in fact, ideal environment for scrutiny. Along with fully furnished classrooms, the college has well-equipped sports arena, and medical facilities. The college has its own Nescafe & Mother Dairy, own PNB Bank, and Book cum Stationary shop. It also has one of the biggest auditorium and amphitheatre, and all this within 12 acres of land.
LSR Admissions and Cutoffs
- Large number of students apply for admission but seats are limited to 2000 only but the administration and management department assure a smooth admission procedure.
- Since the college is a part of the University of Delhi, there is a centralized form of the university available in its official website i.e., www.du.ac.in. Candidates are expected to wait till LSR releases their first cut off.
- Every year, in the last week of July, the college releases its first cut off and then second and third respectively. To estimate the eligibility, check LSR cut off 2018/19.
- From June and July, aspirants are expected to be present in Delhi. For further information visit LSR’s official website www.lsr.edu.in
Read about LSR Admission
LSR has a dedicated placement cell that grooms students from different courses for getting best recruitment in the top-notch companies like Bain & Co., Kepler Cannon, IDInsights, Bank of America, McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group, Indian Express, Tower Watson, Price Waterhouse Coopers and many more. Top courses which provide 100% placement are B.Sc(Hons) in Stats, B.A.(Hons) in Economics, and B.Com(Hons). LSR also consists an internship cell that helps students to get two-month internships at big-bang companies like JSW and EY.
Conclusion: Approximately 59% of B.A.(Hons) in Economics, 23% of B.Com(Hons), 10% of B.Sc.(Hons) in Stats, and 8% of B.A(Hons) English Journalism get recruitment.
Click here LSR Placement
LSR Courses Offered
LSR offers honours courses in Arts & Social Science, Commerce as well as in Science. The college also offers professional courses like Bachelor in English Journalism and Mass Communication. One year post graduate diploma in ‘Conflict transformation and Peace building’ is also provided to the graduates.
LSR B.A.(Hons) Economics
B.A.(Hons) Economics at Lady Shri Ram is highly committed to providing strong faculty in economic theory and analysis. There are five clubs of Economics department that organizes useful sessions and workshops for students. B.A.(Hons) Economics is one of the best courses provided by LSR as more than 60% of students get recruited by the best companies. In the year 2019, a B.A.Economics student bagged 39lpa by Bank of America for entering global affairs.
LSR B.Sc.(Hons) Stats
B.Sc.(Hons) Stats at Lady Shri Ram focuses on the expanding role of statistics in India as well as at the Global level. Students of Statistics are trained to acquire tools like statistical methods to understand marketing, finance, and statistical analysis. Such training helps LSR students to crack the interviews of best global companies during the placement period.
LSR B.A.(Hons) English
B.A(Hons) English students explore world literature with liveliest and most interactive professors. Students of the English department at LSR are encouraged for their perceptions and are trained to balance their expressions with the right opinion. English literature students get less opportunity to get placed in global companies but do recognizable work on an academic level.
LSR College also offers honours courses like Political Science, History, Philosophy, Journalism, Mathematics, etc, which are proven to have the best faculty.
Read more about LSR Courses & Fee
LSR Student Facilities
LSR Library faculty
- Has more than 1.5lakhs of books.
- Provides NLIST account having more than a million paid books and journals for free.
- Provides computers and internet connection for research.
- Provides an OPAC system in the Library.
LSR Hostel Services
- LSR Hostel Services can only be availed by the UGC students coming from out of station.
- LSR College has 300 seats for accommodation based on ‘merit and need’.
- The total number of accommodations is divided into departments, approximately 2-4 people per department get a room..
- The fee structure of the LSR hostel is approximately INR60,000/-.
LSR Counselling Cell
Lady Shri Ram College has its own counselling cell which is divided into two categories like personal counselling and career counselling department. On personal counselling level there is a qualified prof hired by LSR college who visits the college once a week to console students psychologically and emotionally while career counselling can be availed during the admission process by the departmental professors regarding the course students want to pursue.