VEL TECH University has been on a roll since its inception. This University is providing with ample scope for building more efficient technical experts.
VEL TECH was set up by the VEL TECH group of educational institutions that was set up in the year 1990 by the celebrated industrialist duo (couple) Dr. R. Rangarajan and Dr. R. Sakunthala Rangarajan. They have been in the public service for many years and they are experienced too.
- It is located in Chennai in state of Tamil Nadu
- It has been recognized by the UGC & IS NBA accredited
- It has been approved by AICTE
- There are above 25 courses in the Engineering under the varied faculties providing with above 300 highly educated and qualified and above all experienced teachers
- It was declared as Deemed on the 15th of October, 2008 by the UGC and also notified by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, in New Delhi
- There is a dress code for both boys and girl students
- There are two cycles in each of the semesters and the interval will be of one month and model examinations (two)
The University is providing many facilities for conducting research in the area of research related to:
- Women Self Help workshop through technological Aids for entrepreneurs for women self help group,
- Feasibility study in Erection of Polythene Bags and Analysis of Sub-synchronous Resonance
The funding is provided by the agencies like that of AICTE, Central power Research Institute (CPRI) and Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology etc.
There are many facilities that are being provided in this University. Some of them are as follows:
The Library is very well equipped and provides for all the necessary documents.
- Around 80000 books for undergraduate & postgraduate courses
- Over 100 journals
- Around 60 magazines
- The Library is provided with both video and audio facilities
- The book Bank Facility is also there
There are many journals, advanced journals, newspapers, magazines and periodicals kept for the student
- There are separate hostels for the boys & girls
- There are deluxe, super deluxe and semi-deluxe (AC and also Non-AC rooms) rooms provided with facilities centering on bathroom and toiletries
There are above 3500 systems that are being connected via wireless fidelity.
There are various labs in the various departments of the University. The labs are as follows:
- Computer and IT Laboratory
- Physics and Chemistry Laboratory
- Mechanical Engineering Laboratory
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Laboratory
- Aeronautical Engineering Laboratory
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Laboratory
Scholarship & Awards
Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship
100% Scholarships is given the B. Tech. getting the top 3 positions, from each state
50% scholarships for those students who are there among the top 100 Tech. applicants
Gandhi National Merit Scholarship
- It is the 1stDeemed University (in India) to establish in its campus 'Telecom Centre of Excellence'
- It was rated with A+ by the Business India (2009)
GHRDC- CSR Survey 2014:
- Ranked 10th among top 15 engineering colleges
- Ranked 25th among super Excellence in infrastructure, faculty & placements
- Ranked 26th among private engineering colleges
Career360 Survey 2014-13
- Ranked AAA among top B-Schools in Tamil Nadu
- Ranked 30th among top 40 B-School rankings in south India in 2013
• It is the 1st Deemed University (in India) to establish in its campus 'Telecom Centre of Excellence'
• It was rated with A+ by the Business India (1st of November in the year 2009)