Loyola College, Chennai is a Catholic Minority Institution founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in 1925. The college is affiliated with the University of Madras. Loyola is ranked 6th among the Top Colleges in India by NIRF 2019. It offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programs in the discipline of Commerce & Economics, Vocational Studies, Humanities, Physical Sciences and many more. All the courses under the stream of Arts, Science & Commerce are offered by the college in two shifts – Shift I (Aided) & Shift II (Self-Supporting). The application form for all the courses is available on the official website of the institute.Latest Updates:
- Loyola College M.Phil program entrance exam 2020 is scheduled for November 5, 2020 (10 AM). The application process for the same has been extended to October 31, 2020, which was earlier fixed till October 10, 2020.
- Loyola College has completed all the admissions for the PG programs. Registration for admission started on July 16, 2020. On October 5, the college conducted an online orientation program for all the students admitted to PG programs, and the online classes for the new session will start thereof.
Loyola College Admission 2020
|M.Phil Program online registration last date||October 31, 2020|
|M.Phil program entrance test 2020||November 5, 2020 (10 AM)|
|PG program online registration start date||July 16, 2020|
|PG program orientation program||October 5, 2020|
Loyola College Courses
Loyola College has various courses offered through its eight departments and a research center. The departments are mentioned below:
- School of Commerce and Economics
- School of Computational Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Vocational Studies
- School of Humanities
- School of Languages
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Media Studies
The courses offered by the college are tabulated below:
|B.A||Economics, English, History, Sociology, Tamil||10+2 passed in any stream.|
|B.Sc||Physics, Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Visual Communications, Food chemistry, and Food processing||10+2 passed in the science stream.|
|B.Com||Accountancy, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics||10+2 passed in commerce stream.|
|M.A||Economics, English, History, Sociology, Tamil, Social Work, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, Applied History||Graduation with 50% marks in the relevant stream. For M.Com- BBA or B.Com|
|M.Sc||Physics, Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Visual Communications, Biotech, Data Science, Food Chemistry and Food Processing|
|M.Com||Accountancy, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics|
|M. Phil||Economics, English, History, Tamil, Physics, Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Visual Communications, Philosophy, Psychology||Postgraduate in relevant stream.|
Read More Loyola College Fees
Loyola College Admissions
Admissions at Loyola College is a two-stage process. Loyola College releases the cut off after the submission of application forms on the basis of which merit is prepared and students are called for the personal interviews.
Stage 1: Qualification of Merit
Stage 2: Selection Interview After application, the list of selected students is made merit wise. Those who are in merit are called for the interview process.
- Step 1: Registration through Online Application Portal
- Step 2: Filling-in the Basic and Specific details
- Step 3: Attaching the Documents
- Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- Application Fees:
- General Candidates: INR 150 for UG and INR 200 for PG
- SC/ST Candidates: INR 123 for UG and INR 158 for PG
Read More Loyola College Admissions
Loyola College Placements
There are regular campus recruitment drives conducted on the campus and various companies visit the campus for the same. Different online training programs are organized for further grooming of the students. Few of the recently visited companies are:
- Akshar Arbol Schools
- Real Foundations
- Sutherland and Many more
Recent Placement Summary of the Loyola College Chennai:
- Training Given: 19
- Companies Visited: 100
- Recruited Students: 804 (100%)
- Companies Participated: 47
Read More Loyola College Placements
Loyola College Scholarships
Fee concessions for poor family students, merit scholarships for well-studying students, free food for eligible students, the gold medal for outstanding students, etc they provide a lot of recognition awards to all.
Read More Loyola College Scholarships
Loyola College Facilities
There are numerous facilities offered by the College for the overall development of the students. Few of them are mentioned below:
- Hostels: Hostels are provided for boys and girls separately. Admission into hostels will be considered only after the admission into Loyola College. Only limited seats are available in the hostels. For further details, please contact the Hostel Administration.
- Loyola Hostel for Men: 044-28178352
- The Dean of Women Students processes the admission of girls into the hostel.
- Loyola Women's Hostel: 044-28178452
- Library: Students and Staff who are at present working or studying are eligible to become members of this library. Membership for outsiders is not allowed. In case non-members and past students want to make a short reference they shall meet the Library Director or Librarian for permission.
- Health Center: LHC has dedicated general physicians, staff nurse and lab technicians available on all working days to administer free medical treatments to all staff and students.
- Food Court: There are multiple food vendors offering a variety of cuisines with Local, national and international flavor to cater to the recipe of the students.
Loyola College Faculty
Name: Dr. M. George Johnson
- Designation: HOD, Department of Chemistry
- Qualification - M.Sc., B.Ed., DCA., Ph.D.
Name: Dr. John R. Devadason
- Designation: Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Qualification - M.Sc., Ph.D.
Name: Dr. T. Joseph
- Designation: HOD, Department of Commerce
- Qualification - M.Com.,M.Phil.,M.B.A.,Ph.D.
Name: Dr. Francis Jose
- Designation: Professor, Department of Commerce
- Qualification - M.Com.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.
Loyola College FAQs
Ques. Which is the more superior college, Madras Christian College or Loyola College Chennai?
Ques. Is Loyola College Co-ed?
Ques. Which college is better for BBA Course- MCC or Loyola College?
Ques. Is there any dress code at Loyola College?
Ques. How is the Infrastructure of Loyola College?