School of Management Studies was founded in the year 1969 and is considered one of the best of its kind. The institute was established with the purpose of providing management education of the topmost quality and catering to the changing need of the dynamic world.
- The institute was the first to introduce the course of MBA (CC) for the business executives and defense officers, the course has been approved by Distance Education Council (DEC), Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The institute has signed Memorandum of Understanding with Wilkes University
Over the years the education establishment has produced alumni who have acquired important positions in various organizations. Some of them are:
- Vikram Mehmi who is the CEO of Idea Cellular
- Neeraj Bansal who is Senior Manager in Glaxo Smithkline
- PK Garg, GM (Materials) in GPIL
- Parvinder P. Singh, Senior Airport Manager, IGI Airport
- Jiwandeep Singh Ghai, CMD of SantaBanta.com (P) Limited
It is the Management club of the college with the aim to enhance the intellectual and inter personal skills students of management students
- Graduates of School of Management Studies can use two libraries, the main university library and the department library.
- The central library which is housed in a new building has a stock of over 3, 00,000 volumes of books and a reading room with seating capacity of 400.
- The central library has subscribed to many journals and it is also participating in the INFLIBNET (Information and Library Network) program.