Faculty of Law, University of Delhi was established in the year 1924 and is accredited by NAAC. The University offers LL.B under the UG domain and LL.M under the PG domain. It also provides PhD in Law as a research program. Admission is done on the basis of merit obtained in respective entrance examinations.
India Today ranked the University at #6 position in year 2019 and it was ranked at #4 position by The Week. The University has placed many students among top law firms, big corporate houses and multinational companies.
Faculty Of Law, University of Delhi Admission Highlights
|University Name||Faculty Of Law, University of Delhi|
|Established| Type||1924 | Public|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Moot Court|
Faculty of Law, University of Delhi Courses
The University offers numerous courses in different specializations and the detail about the same is mentioned below.
|LL.B||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Graduation from Recognized University
|LL.M||Duration: 2-3 years
Eligibility: LL.B degree from Recognized University
|PhD||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: LL.M from a recognized university
Faculty Of Law, University of Delhi Admissions
The selection in LLB program is based on merit in LLB entrance test. The selection in LLM program of Delhi Unversity is based on merit in LLM entrance test. For PhD, candidates are selected based on JRF/NET/ or PhD entrance test.
How To Apply?
A candidate who wish to get admission in this University need to follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of Delhi University and register yourself.
- After completing the registration process, a verification email will be sent to the candidates.
- Confirm the link and fill in your personal details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Candidates need to submit the application form along with the application fee else the form will be rejected.
- Keep the print out of the form for future reference
For detailed information read Faculty of Law, University of Delhi Admission
Faculty of Law, University of Delhi Placements
The University provides placement as well as internship opportunities to students in numerous law firms. In addition to this, many job opportunities are provided by top corporate houses as well as MNC’s, NGOs, LPOs, KPOs.
Faculty Of Law, University of Delhi Scholarships
The University offers prizes, scholarships as well as medals to UG, PG as well as PhD students. Many scholarships are offered by various trusts, govt departments.
The scholarships incorporate Vijay Kumar Chadha Memorial Scholarship, Nain SukhGauba and Devi Huti Gauba Memorial Scholarship, National Scholarships, Dr. Ram Kishore Memorial Scholarship, Sohan Lal Sethi Memorial Scholarship which consists of INR 25,000/- to students who secure maximum marks in 1,2,3,4 as well as 5 term exam of LLB every year. Financial help is also provided to the needy as well as deserving students. There’s also a provision for sizarships.
Faculty of Law, University of Delhi Facilities
The University also provides facilities to students as well as faculty members just like every top College/ University.
- Library – The library is stocked with around 150000 books, 140 national as well as international journals. It also has a digital library which gives easy access to e-journals and e-books.
- Hostel – Hostel facilities are available for boys and girls separately. The hostels have all the basic amenities. Every hostel building has its own mess. Strict discipline and hygiene is maintained in the hostels.
- Moot Court: Law centers organize national as well as international moot court along with other competitions where students participate.
- Auditorium – The campus has auditorium facility to carry out various seminars and guest lectures.
Faculty of Law, University of Delhi Faculty
The University has highly experienced and trained faculty members who are proficient in their relevant fields and are committed to strong educational values.
- Professors: 12
- Associate Professors: 1
- Assistant Professors: 130+
Get information on Faculty of Law, University of Delhi Faculty
Faculty of Law, University of Delhi FAQs
Ques. Is Faculty of Law, University of Delhi good for doing law?
Ques. What are the career prospects after completing LL.B in Faculty of Law, University of Delhi?
Ques. Is there any metro facility connected to Faculty of Law, University of Delhi?
Ques. How are the extracurricular activities at Faculty of Law, University of Delhi?
Ques. Are the students appearing for their final year examination of graduation courses eligible to apply for LL.B entrance examination test at Faculty of Law, University of Delhi?