Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (IHM), Kolkata started functioning in the year of 1963. It is an autonomous body which runs under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. The institute offers courses in both UG as well as PG levels. In addition, the institution offers certificate courses under Food-Beverage Services, Food Production, and Patisserie disciplines. The institute also offers PG Diploma courses as well in Accommodation, Operation, and Management. The basic admission criteria are based on the merit scores as well as the scores of the entrance examination conducted by the government.
IHM Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Type||1963 | Private|
|Affiliation||IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)|
|Approved by||NCHMCT (National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology)|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc., M.Sc., PG Diploma, and Certificate Courses|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance-based|
IHM Kolkata Courses
It offers various courses in the UG as well as PG levels. Besides, it also offers certificate and PG Diploma courses. Tabulated below are the details about the courses provided by the institute:
|B.Sc.||Hospitality and Management||10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks from any institution|
|M.Sc.||Hospitality Administration||B.Sc. in the relevant subject from any institution|
|PG Diploma||Accommodation Operation and Management||Bachelor degree in any discipline along with English being a mandatory subject from any institution|
|Certificate Course||Food Beverage Service and Food Production and Patisserie||Pass in 10+2 or 10th examination from any institution|
Read More IHM Kolkata Courses and Fees
IHM Kolkata Admission
Admission to all the courses here is done based on merit as well as the entrance examination NCHMCT-JEE. For admission to B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Management, candidates should possess 10+2 or equivalent as the minimum qualification. The aspirants must clear the NCHMCT-JEE entrance examination to get admission to the course.
Admission to the M.Sc. program is based on merit as well as the entrance mode. Candidates applying must have completed the allied Bachelor degree. Admission to PG Diploma and Certificate courses are made based on the merit in the qualifying exam alone. The entire application process is offline.
- Aspirants must collect the application form along with the prospectus from the college itself.
- All the required details must be filled in correctly in the application form and attach the documents.
- Register yourself to the entrance as well.
- Download the admit card when it is available.
- Appear and crack the exam.
- Verify documents, pay the fees, and finalize the admission if shortlisted.
Read More IHM Kolkata Admission
IHM Kolkata Placement
Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Kolkata is one of the best institutes for providing their students/trainees with great placements from notable companies. The institute arranges both on-campus as well as off-campus interviews from renowned groups/hotels in various sectors. Some of the renowned groups or hotels where the students/trainees of the institute have got placed include: Oberoi, Starwood, Park, Leela Palace, Novotel Accor, Jet Airways, Mayfair, ITC, JW Marriott, and Hyatt Regency, etc.
Read More IHM Kolkata Placement
IHM Kolkata Facilities
All the modern facilities provided by the institute include:
- Laboratories/Kitchens- It facilitates their students with well-equipped laboratories and kitchens to carry out their practical sessions comprising six fully equipped state-of-the-art kitchens and two laboratories for bakery and confectionary. There is also a well-equipped restraint which is made for their students/trainees to learn classical style of food and beverage services.
- Library- The library is stacked up with a bountiful collection of more than 10,000 books to enhance their knowledge in the field of hospitality and management.
- Audi Visual lab- The front office is well-equipped Fidelio Laboratory with various audio-visual equipment.
IHM Kolkata FAQs
Ques. Does the institute conduct any entrance examination?
Ques. Is the institute a private institution?
Ques. What is the basic eligibility criteria for admission into various courses offered here?
Ques. Does the Bachelor course have an age limit for admission?
Ques. What are the top recruiters visiting here?