Latest Update: The online admission process for 2020-2021 sessions will on December 1, 2020. The candidates can also download the admission prospectus from the official website of the institute. The application fee for the same is INR 1,000.
|Online applications open||December 1, 2020|
|Last date to submit the application||February 10, 2021|
|Personal Interviews and Essay Writing||February 13, 2021 & February 14, 2021|
|Announcement of the selection list||February 18, 2021|
|Commencement of the academic year||June 28, 2021|
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (SJIM) is ranked 8th Best B-School in Bangalore by The Week 2020 and 2019. It offers 3 Post Graduate courses in the field of management. The total intake in these academic programs is 180. Admission is done through national-level management entrance tests like CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, etc. SJIM has 3 independent colleges namely:
- St. Joseph's College (Arts & Science) – Read more
- St. Joseph's College of Commerce – Read more
- St. Joseph's Evening College
|Type of Institute||Private Self-financed|
|Recognitions||AICTE, UGC, NAAC|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test: CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ ATMA|
SJIM Salient Features
- Ranked 6th Best B-School in Bangalore by the Outlook 2020.
- Faculty members trained at IIM/ IISc/ IIT/ NIT/ BITS/ Boston College
- Small classroom size to maximize faculty-student interaction
- Excellent hostel facilities for both boys and girls
- Financial support for certifications
- Excellent placements in premier companies for the last 20 years
- International collaborations with the Albers School, Seattle University, USA and others.
- SJIM was listed among the top 3 business schools in Bangalore by the NIRF 2018.
- St Joseph's Institute of Management among the top 7 in Karnataka, from over forty-five participating institutes by NIRF.
- Ranked SJIM 28th in South India in 2019 by Outlook-ICARE India.
- Ranked SJIM as the outstanding B-School of Excellence in 2019 by CSR-GHRDC.
- Ranked SJIM 55th in India in 2019 by MBAUniverse.com.
- Rated A++ by Business India.
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management Courses
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management Bangalore provides the following course:
|PGDM (Postgraduate Diploma in Management)||Graduates from any discipline having at least 60% aggregate marks||
2-years | Full-time
Check: SJIM Courses and Fees
Eligible candidates can apply for admission through the official website of the Institute. However, the admission procedure for each course varies from each other. Given below are the details for the same:
An applicant has to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) on an all-India basis at different centers like:-
- All India Test – CAT, XAT or MAT
- A minimum MAT score of 550
- SJIM also accepts other tests such as GMAT, ATMA, CMAT
Candidates will be finalized on the basis of their performance in the entrance followed by essay writing and an interview for the shortlisted candidates.
E-PGDM and PGCM Admissions
The Institute shortlist the candidates on the basis of academic performance and work experience. The list of the shortlisted candidates is made available on the official website of SJIM. Further, the candidates will be called for a Personal Interview. Selected candidates will be intimated via E-mails.
The Institute offers several scholarships to students. These include General Merit Scholarships, Merit-cum-Means Scholarships, and fee waiver to economically weaker students.
The placement cell of the Institute introduces the students to various skill- programs to improve themselves and ensuring job opportunities. Such skills include:
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Special training in Identified areas
- Pre-Placement workshops
- Introduction to Interview
Over 80-90 companies visit St Joseph’s Institute of Management Bangalore for placements and the number of organizations has consistently increased over the years. Some of the common recruiters are Morgan Stanley, LinkedIn, Amway, HDFC Bank, IBM, KPMG, TATA Consultancy Services, Bosch, Reliance Jio, Indigo Paints, JP Morgan, Deloitte, etc. The Highest Salary Package was INR 12 LPA and the Average Salary Package was INR 6.25 LPA.
The following graph shows the educational background of the students studying in the Institute:
Click here: St. Joseph’s Institute of Management Placements
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management Facilities
- Computer Lab: The Institute has a computer lab with networking for students to use. Broadband internet facility is also available at all hours. In addition, WiFi connectivity allows students to access the servers anywhere on campus.
- Library: The Library contains more than 20,000 volumes. Journals and periodicals, both national and international, as well as digital collections are available to the students. It has also subscribed to EBSCO, Emerald, PROWESS, CRISIL Research, Capitoline, E-Books, and J-Gate to support the research work of students and faculty.
- Hostel: The SJIM hostel is situated in the heart of the city and is just five minutes walk from the main campus. Unlike other hostels, the food in SJIM Hostel is excellent. The environment in the SJIM hostel is very friendly and peaceful. There are three types of rooms - single rooms, double rooms and double with an attached bathroom.
St Joseph’s Institute of Management is a private institute situated in Bangalore, Karnataka and was established in 1968. It is one of the prestigious business schools in India. The Institute is run by Jesuits who are well known the world over for imparting quality education. In fact, the first business school in India –XLRI, was established by Jesuits. SJIM prides itself on being the oldest business school in Karnataka having a legacy of fifty years.
The Institute has excellent faculty members with several years of experience and PhDs from reputed business schools in India and abroad. The institute has a total of 13 faculty members and 12 visiting faculty.
Know more: SJIM Faculty
Ques. What details do I need to submit as part of my application?
Ans: SJIM uses an online application system. As a part of your application, you will be required to provide details related to your educational background and achievements. You can find the application form by clicking here. Upload the following documents as a part of your application:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Degree marks cards of all semesters
- Entrance exam scorecard
- Work experience certificate (if available)
Ques. What is the fee structure for the PGDM program?
Ans: The fees for the 2019-21 batch is INR 3.9 lakh per year for students from Karnataka and INR 4 lakh per year for students from outside Karnataka. These fees can be paid in installments.
Ques. What is the cutoff score accepted by SJIM for admission?
Ans. There is no fixed cutoff for taking admission in the Institute. The accepted exams for taking admission in PGDM are CAT, GMAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, etc. A candidate with a higher score in these exams will be given preference. However, for MAT, a candidate must score a minimum score of 550. While filling up the application form, enter the score of all examinations if appeared. Your best score across the different exams will be considered.
Ques. Are SJIM and SJCBA the same institute?
Ans. Yes. St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (SJIM) was formerly known as St. Joseph's College of Business Administration. The Institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and NAAC.
Ques. What is the difference between PGDM and MBA?
Ans. In India, PGDM and MBA are both 2-year full-time programs and are thus equivalent to each other. While an MBA is granted by a university or a college affiliated to a university, a PGDM is granted by institutes. The PGDM program at SJIM has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and it has given the equivalence status of MBA.