Maheshtala College, established in 1971, is a private institute located in West Bengal, India. It is an undergraduate college, affiliated to the University of Calcutta, UGC approved and NAAC accredited(Grade B+). The institute offers a total of 15 bachelors degree courses in three different streams(Arts, Science and Commerce), out of which 9 are in Arts stream, 5 in Science stream and 1 in Commerce stream.
Admission procedures are strictly done online as per university norms and there are reservations for SC / ST accordingly as well. Admissions to all the courses are merit based. The institute has a credible faculty of 56+ qualified teachers. The institute also provides scholarships to its students.
Maheshtala College Kolkata Highlights
|Established | InstituteType||1971| Private Institute|
|Accreditation||NAAC - Grade B+|
|Affiliation||University Of Calcutta|
|Courses Offered||15 UG courses across 3 streams|
|Campus Area||3188 sq.m|
|Facilities Available||Laboratories, Bank, Medical Facilities, Fests- Technical and Cultural, Student affairs council, Hostel for Women.|
Maheshtala College Kolkata Courses
The institute offers under-graduate courses in various disciplines of Arts, Science and Commerce. The basic eligibility criteria for admission to all these courses is merit based. This section will deal with detailed information about these courses:
Read More: Maheshtala College Kolkata Courses
Maheshtala College Kolkata Admission
Eligible candidates may apply for the institute online as per the following instructions:
- Applicants can register online in the admission portal for this institute..
- Applicant is responsible to provide correct data while filling up the online form.In case of any mistake, candidates application is liable to be cancelled.
- After confirmation any candidate will not able to modify any information
- Candidates need to confirm the application to pay the requisite fee online. Applications with valid paid challan only will be considered for merit list.
- To apply for new subject/s after confirming the application, a candidate needs to login using his/her registration ID and password and click the link ‘apply more subjects’ and add a new subject to the application and generate the payment challan for the newly added subject(s).
- Application fee of INR 150 via online mode through Credit Card, debit Card or Netbanking will be required to be paid.
- Transaction fee charges would not be refunded/ reversed under any circumstances for any refund/ reversal /chargeback and any other reasons
- The verification of all the documents as per the declaration in the form submitted will be done only on the date of commencement of classes.
- Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration submitted.
Documents required at the time of admission are-
- HSC Marksheet with an attested photocopy.
- Age proof.
- Four copies of recent colour passport photographs, and a joint photo with parents/ guardians.
- Migration Certificate in original for candidates from boards other than West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, if necessary.
- Caste Certificate, if applicable, in original and an attested photocopy.
Read More: Maheshtala College Kolkata Admissions
Maheshtala College Kolkata Facilities
- Library - A well-equipped Central Library with Open Access System is available for use to all students of the college. Beside more than 15,000 books, students can also access academic journals, periodicals and important news papers. All students of the college are also entitled to use of the Departmental Library and Remedial Library, pertaining to all departments of the college.
- Women Hostel : The college has a Ladies Hostel funded from assistance of the UGC.
- Canteen : The college Canteen offers nutritious food at reasonable rates to all students.
- Common Room : Separate Common Rooms for Boys and girls are present. There are provisions for recreational activities in these common rooms.
- Laboratories : The college has fine fully equipped Laboratories for the Departments of geography, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics and Journalism.
Read More: Maheshtala College Kolkata Facilities
Maheshtala College Kolkata Scholarship
Kanyashree & Aikyashree scholarships are provided to deserving students by arranging necessary application forms with the respective government departments. Other scholarships, if applied for individually by the students, are also processed and facilitated by the college office. There are concessions available for deserving students along with stipends for SC/ST students.
Read More: Maheshtala College Kolkata Scholarships
Ques. How can one apply for admission in the institute?
Ques. Does the college have a reservation quota during admission?
Ques. What are the individual course fees for the degrees offered?
Ques. Are there hostels available for women?
Ques. Which is the best course offered by the university?