Government Engineering College (GEC), Modasa, Gujarat was established in 1984 under the Directorate of Technical Education. The college is affiliated to GTU, Ahmedabad and is recognized by AICTE, New Delhi. It was started with two UG courses but currently it offers both UG and PG level programs. At UG level, it offers B.E. in 7 different specializations and at PG level, it offers M.E. in 2 different specializations. Candidates seeking admission here can register online by applying to GUJCET/JEE/GATE entrance exams.
GEC Modasa Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1984 | Government Aided|
|Courses offered||7 courses at UG level 2 courses at PG level|
|Eligibility||Minimum of 45% in all core subjects (PCM/PCB-Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology)|
|Top recruiters||L&T and Cognizant.|
|Campus area||216 acres|
|Facilities available||Library, hostel and mess facility, sports.|
GEC Modasa Courses
Various courses offered by the college under UG and PG levels are:
|B.E.||Subjects: automobile engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, information and technology, automobile engineering, civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Information and technology
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: A candidate should have completed his/her 10+2 from PCM or PCB stream or its equivalent with minimum of 45% from any recognized institution in national or state level
|M.E.||Subjects: Computer science and engineering, and Transportation engineering
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Student must have completed his/her graduation from an allied stream with at least 45% from any recognized institution in national or state level
Read More GEC Modasa Courses and Fees
GEC Modasa Admission
The current intake for UG and PG programs are 840 and 36 respectively. The selection will be based on the basis of JEE/GUJCET/GATE and 45% is the minimum marks required. Students are selected through proper counselling sessions which is held by the admission department of CTE, Gujarat. All admissions are finalized based on the certain predetermined cut-off marks conducted both in the state and nation level entrances. Higher preference is given to students from Gujarat board.
Both admission application and entrance application modes are online.
- Access the college site at www.gecmodasa.ac.in.
- Register for GUJCET/JEE/GATE entrance exam.
- Choose the preferred college and desired course while filling the entrance form.
- The registration fee is Rs.350/- which is to be paid while filling the entrance form.
- The copy of the selected college needs to be printed.
- The printed form, payment slip, and all other documents should be submitted online.
- Submit photocopy of all the documents at the college website separately if you want to apply for TFWS or reserved category that waives off the tuition fees.
Read More GEC Modasa Admission
GEC Modasa Facilities
Apart from the well-built college buildings and its infrastructure, the college also provide various facilities to its students as follows:
- Library- The College has a huge library with more than 21,050 books. The library provides a huge collection of reference books, Handbooks and many other useful books. College also provides an e-library.
- Hostel & Mess facility- The college has a separate boy’s hostel near the college area with around 144 rooms. It also offers food facilities through mess for around 448 students.
- Sports Infrastructure- The college has been excelling in the sports department for more than a decade now by offering proper training for all sports. The college has well-trained cricket, football, basketball teams.
Read More GEC Modasa Hostel
GEC Modasa FAQs
Ques. How to apply for the UG and PG program?
Ques. Government Engineering College, Modasa is affiliated to which university?
Ques. How many courses does this college offer?
Ques. Does this college offer hostel facilities for students coming out of Gujarat?
Ques. What all the top recruiters visiting the college?