National College of Engineering, Maruthakulam is an ISO 9001:2008 certified Muslim minority institution approved by AICTE, New Delhi, and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The college was inaugurated by Her Excellency, the then Governor of Tamil Nadu, Justice Ms. M. Fathima Beevi on 7th September 2000.
- The college is situated in a beautiful, quiet and enchanting environment silhouetted by the blue mountains of the Western Ghats and flanked by the greenery of the sprawling 300 acre Mayaneri Farm owned by Manarul Huda Trust
- Maruthakulam where the college is located is just 3 km from Moondradaippu, 20 km from Tirunelveli on the Tirunelveli-Nagercoil National Highway (NH 7)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Science
- National Service Scheme- NSS provides an excellent opportunity to the students who desire to serve the community and to develop interpersonal relationships and skills
- Red Ribbon Club- The RRC unit is functioning effectively in the campus since the year 2006.It has 100 volunteers from all the branches. The objective of RED RIBBON CLUB is to donate blood Students of RRC-NCE have donated blood to various hospital
- Youth Red Cross- The main objectives of the YRC movement is based on the principles of protection of health and life, service to the sick and suffering, promotion of national and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of youth.
An exclusive internet lab is available in the college with 60 computers with internet connectivity of 8 Mbps (Contention ratio 1:1) for the benefit of students and staff members