Maulana Azad College - [MAC] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Maulana Azad College was established on December 9, 1926. The college functions under the administrative control of The Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal. Maulana Azad College inherits a history of progressive development since December 9, 1926, when Islamia College was founded by Lord Lytton, the then Governor of Bengal. Immediately after independence, the College was renamed Central Calcutta College and its doors were opened to all students irrespective of caste, creed and religion. In 1960, the college was renamed Maulana Azad College in memory of the great national leader and eminent scholar, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- Vision of the college is “To strive for inclusiveness and to be trusted as one of the premier state educational service providers for all including the underprivileged and minorities”
- Mission of the college is "To strive for excellence and to provide our students with best of the opportunities of learning and to yearn for inculcating the spirit of joy of learning beyond the boundaries”
- The college is located at the heart of Kolkata, short distance from Esplanade, Sealdah, Park Street and College Street
- The college has been affiliated to the University of Calcutta since its inception.
International collaboration -
Number of collaborations with National Institutions
11(Universities and Research Institutes)
Number of collaborations with International Institutions
Extracurricular activities -
- Sports and Games
- Educational Tour
Journals & Periodicals
- MAC Fest
- Saraswati puja
- Miladun -Nabi
Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme for Girls belonging to Minorities is provided by Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) which is funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
- The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12,000 which will be released in two installments of Rs. 6,000/- each
- Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis) can apply
- Candidate should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination (Class xth) conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of Secondary Education
- Family income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 1,00,000 in the preceding financial year.