Mercy College was established in 1964. It is the first-grade postgraduate women college affiliated to Calicut University. The Carmelite sisters of Jai Christo CMC Education Agency manage the college and comes under Palakkad’s Bishops’ religious jurisdiction. It has received a reaccreditation from NAAC at grade A. The college has an expert faculty of more than 250 members who teach more than 20 courses in the college. Admissions are done through the University of Calicut Centralised Admission Process.
Mercy College Palakkad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1964 | Public|
|Affiliated to||University of Calicut|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Campus Area||25 Acres|
|Facilities Available||IT Centre, Auditorium, Sports & Fitness, Library, Hostel, Canteen|
Mercy College Palakkad Courses
Mercy College Palakkad offers UG and PG courses in Arts, Science, commerce, computer applications, and social works. Moreover, it also offers some add-on certificates and job-oriented courses. The courses imparted at the college are mentioned below:
|B. A.||History, Economics, English||Eligibility: Completed 12th in a recognized board of education
Duration: 3 years
|B. Sc.||Science subjects|
|M.A.||English Language & Literature Economics||Eligibility: Completed Bachelor’s course in a relevant field
Duration: 2 years
|M. Sc.||Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Mathematics|
In addition, job-oriented courses such as Computer courses, C.A. & C.P.T. courses, type-writing courses, Chavara darshan programs are offered. Photography, Home science, Soft skill, and Latex courses are also offered as certificate courses.
Click here Mercy College Palakkad Courses & Fees
Mercy College Palakkad Admissions
Admissions at Mercy College are done annually through the University of Calicut website. The merit lists are displayed on the college’s website and notice boards. Admissions are done both offline and online by getting the application form. Admissions are done on the basis of the prior qualifications’ final year marks. No entrance tests are required for admission to the college.
How to Apply?
- Students need to register online on the Calicut University website. Alternatively register at the college office.
- Community and management quota students have to submit the filled application form.
- Prospectus along with application forms are issued after payment of applicable fees.
- Attach all relevant documents, certificates, reservation quota certificates, and photographs.
Know more Mercy College Palakkad Admission
Mercy College Palakkad Placements
Career Guidance and Placement Cell takes care of placing students in good jobs. Students have been placed across different organizations like Wipro, Infosys, T.C.S., C.T.S, All-Sec Technologies, HDFC, and ICICI Bank in the past years. Students who wish to clear UPSC/ PSC exams are given suitable training and notified through notice board. Opportunities are provided in the finance sector to train with Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning ability, Group Discussions, Personal interview skills. The cell also conducts a Mega job fair every year for employers and job seekers to connect.
Mercy College Palakkad Scholarships
The college administration facilities the poor and needy with different kinds of scholarships, freeships, and stipend.
- Students from the SC, ST, and OEC categories can get concessions in fees and also opt for a stipend. Students have to provide income, nativity, and community certificates attested by the tehsildar.
- OBC students, whose family annual income is less than INR 25,000 for undergraduate courses or INR 42,000 for postgraduate courses.
Read more Mercy College Palakkad Scholarships
Mercy College Palakkad Facilities
The college has a wide range of facilities available for those wanting to excel in their curriculum.
- IT Centre: Inaugurated in 2009, the center aids the students in Printing, Designing, and Computer courses. Free internet access is provided.
- Auditorium: A large main auditorium constructed in theatre style. It accommodates up to 2000 persons at a time.
- Sports & Fitness: Students are trained in various indoor and outdoor games. A separate fitness center is also present for students to keep up with fitness.
- Library: The college library comprises a wide range of books, journals, periodicals for the students’ reference.
- Hostel: Two hostels are available in the college for students. One major hostel presents inside the campus and accommodates about 370 students. The minor hostel outside the college campus accommodates up to 50 students.
- Canteen: A canteen is available within the college and provides meals, snacks, and soft drinks to both students as well as the faculty members.
Click here Mercy College Palakkad Hostel
Mercy College Palakkad Faculty
A complete women faculty of around 85 faculty members both fresh talent and experienced staffs are present.
Dr. Sr. Lilly P.V. is the principal of the college. The college has 18 Head of Departments, along with assistant professors and elected members. There are 3 Laboratory technicians, 3 Librarians along with other support staff.
Click here Mercy College Palakkad Faculty
Mercy College Palakkad FAQs
Ques. What are the different modes of reaching college?
Ques. Which indoor games are available in the college?
Ques. How many students can share a single room in a hostel?
Ques. Are non-vegetarian foods are served in the canteen?
Ques. Is the college is accredited by NAAC?