Mount Carmel College (MCC) Bangalore is a women’s college in Vasanth Nagar of Bangalore. The college is affiliated to Bangalore University and re-accredited with an A+ Grade(4th Cycle) by NAAC. Ranked by India Today as one of the top three colleges in Karnataka in the fields of arts, science, and commerce.
Some of the notable alumni of the college are Deepika Padukone, Anushka Shetty (Bahubali actress), Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (Business Woman), Nicole Faria (Miss Earth), etc.
MCC Bangalore Highlights
|Affiliation||Bangalore University - Autonomous|
|Accreditations||NAAC accredited with “A+” Grade in 2006|
|Courses||UG(32) and PG(13)|
|Selection Criteria||Merit-Based + Interview|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Total Number of Students||5500+|
MCC Bangalore Courses
Mount Carmel College Bangalore offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Commerce and Management, Humanities, Science, Home Science. These courses are offered as B.A, B.Sc, and B.Com. Tabulated below is a combination of various courses:
|Undergraduate Courses in Science|
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)||Nutrition & Dietetics, Chemistry, Zoology (NDCZ)||Interior Design and Management (IDM)|
|Physics, Mathematics, Electronics (PME)||Bachelor of Computer Applications(BCA)||Nutrition and Dietetics, Chemistry, Human Development(NDCH)|
|Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science (PMC)||Chemistry, Botany, Zoology (CBZ)||Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany (BCB)|
|Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics (CME)||Chemistry, Zoology, Environmental Science(CZE)||Chemistry, Botany, Environmental Science (CBE)|
|Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics (CMS)||Chemistry, Botany, Microbiology (CBM)||Economics, Mathematics, Statistics (EMS)|
|Nutrition & Dietetics – Nutrition & Dietetics, Chemistry, Zoology ( NDCZ) /Nutrition & Dietetics, Chemistry , Human Development (NDCH)||Fashion & Apparel Design – FAD||Interior Design & Management – IDM|
|Undergraduate Courses in Arts|
|History, Economics, Political Science (HEP)||History, Economics, Sociology (HES)||History, Journalism, Travel & Tourism (HJTT)|
|Political Science, Economics, Sociology (PES)||Political Science, Economics, Journalism ( PEJ)||Psychology, Economics, Sociology (PyES)|
|Psychology, English Literature, Journalism (PyEJ)||Psychology, English Literature, Economics (PyEE)||Psychology, English Literature, Communication Studies (PyEC)|
|Psychology, Physical Education, Tourism (PyPT)||BA Honours in Communication Studies||B.Voc Hospitality and Tourism (B.H.T)|
|Undergraduate Courses in Commerce|
|B.Com||B.Com- Travel and Tourism Management||B.Com-Industry Integrated|
Postgraduate Courses in Science, Humanities, and Commerce are offered through following discipline combinations as M.Sc, M.Com, and M.A
|Postgraduate Courses in Science|
|Biochemistry||Biotechnology||Computer Application ( MCA)|
|Electronics||Food Science & Nutrition||Mathematics|
|M.Sc Computer Science with Data Science Specialization||Nano Science & Technology ( UGC funded)||Botany|
|Life Science||Food Science & Nutrition|
|Postgraduate Courses in Arts|
|M.A – Economics||M.A. – Public Policy(Interdisciplinary)||M.A – English|
|Psychology||Tourism Management||Human Development|
|Postgraduate Courses in Commerce|
|M.Com- Regular||M.Com- Finance||M.Com-International Business|
|One year PG Diploma in Business Management||--||--|
MCC Bangalore Admissions
Admissions at Mount Carmel College Bangalore are made on basis of merit and process is through online mode.
Applications are accepted online only.
Fees for application to be paid through the Payment Gateway (Online Payment).
Students have to study the language (Second language) studied at the last qualifying examination.
A soft copy of the applicant’s recent passport size photo and signature is mandatory to be uploaded on the application. (Less than 100 KB).
Criteria for Admission
- Admission for B.Com courses based on merit.
- Admission for BBA, Communication Studies, B.Sc IDM Programmes will be based on an Entrance examination (For Further Details check the respective Department Page on Website )
- BCA Admissions – walk-in interview after the announcement of II PUC Results (Maths background Compulsory at the PUC / +2 /equivalent course)
- B.A / B.Sc and B.Voc walk-in interview after the announcement of Results II PUC Results
- Admission to all PG courses is based on merit
Read More Mount Carmel College Admissions
Mount Carmel College Placements
Students studying in various courses of MCC, Bangalore have been placed in sectors like IT, Education, Banking and Finance, etc. The following graph can be referred for more precise information about the percentage of jobs offered in the respective sector.
Another Graph represents, As per LinkedIn, students of MCC, Bangalore are working in the following companies as of now.
MCC Bangalore Scholarships
MCC Bangalore offers financial assistance to deserving students in the form of fee concessions and scholarships. Students can also avail of several Government scholarships under the following heads.
- C.V. Raman Scholarship
- Sanchi Honnamma Scholarship
- Meghalaya Scholarship
- Government of India Ministry of Labour Scholarship.
- Directorate of Higher Technical Education Arunachal Pradesh Scholarship.
- Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike Scholarship.
- Department of Sainik Welfare Scholarship.
- Government of Karnataka – Department of Minorities Scholarship.
- B.C.M – Fee Concession.
- SC/ST Scholarship.
- Government of Nagaland Higher Education Scholarship.
- Single Girl Child Scholarships – P.G Students.
- Ex-Service Pension Scholarship.
- B.C.M Scholarship.
- Private Scholarships.
- SC/ST – Fee Concession.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Scholarship.
MCC Bangalore Facilities
- Hostel: Mother Mary Hostel for Women: MCC Bangalore runs its own hostel under the name of Mother Mary Hostel for Women. Fees of the hostel should be paid on the same day of admission. Hostelier should maintain a strict discipline inside the premises and must follow all the rules and regulations.
- Library: The College has sufficient classrooms, the library having the required textbooks and reference books, e-library facility, Computer Lab. for students, Audio-Visual Room, Video Conference Rooms, Auditoria, Sports Stadium & Recreation Facilities, etc.
- College also provides the facility to the students like Cafeteria, a health-care facility, clean drinking water, and a hostel for the students who require the same. Keeping with the needs of the students and faculty the college has internet facility open 24 hours and WiFi.
- The college also has a dispensary with first aid facilities and a doctor on duty.
- The entire banking transactions of the institution, staff, and students are taken care of by the Mount Carmel College Branch of the UCO bank. The Staff of the bank is an integral part of the MCC family.
MCC Bangalore Faculty
Name: Dr. Anjana Mani
- Education Qualifications: M.A., M.PHIL,PG DIP IN ECONOMETRICS, MFM, Ph.D
- Designations: Deputy COE,Associate Prof.
Name: Ms. Shweta Sharma
- Education Qualification: M.A., M.Phil, NET, MBA.
- Designation: Assistant Professor
Name: Dr. Roshni Rao
- Education Qualification: M.Sc. Ph.D
- Designation: HOD, Associate Professor
Name: Ms. Jayanthi D
- Education Qualification: M.Sc. KSET (Ph.D.)
- Designation: Assistant Professor
Name: Dr. Parvathy M
- Education Qualification: M.Sc. Ph.D., NET
- Designation: Assistant Professor
MCC Bangalore FAQs
Ques. Why do I need a unique ID for application in MCC Bangalore?
Ans. This ID will enable the candidate to apply, check the status regarding the Application Form. Note: While creating Unique Id ,check the DOB Format (dd/mm/yyyy) . Do not use Space,- , : or any other symbols. Click on the DOB Field and Use Date Picker options.
Ques. When I try to apply I always get the message ‘session expired’?
Ans, Please ensure that you are using a stand-alone system and not your smartphone/Tabs. Also, use Mozilla Firefox as your browser.[ Note: Session Timing is only 20 Minutes ]
Ques. I am writing the Boards this summer, but the application states that I must enter class XII results. How can I apply?
Ans. You can enter class XI details in the form and complete the application form. Once the application form is generated you can see a link “Edit Marks “ under the status menu. You can update the class XII marks once the results are announced.
Ques. Can I apply for more than one course in the same application?
Ans. It is not possible to apply for more than one course in the same application form(No Preference). You need to apply separately. You can use the same Unique Portal for Applying for different Courses.
Ques. I always receive the message of ‘invalid phone number’ while filling the application.
Ans. It is advised not to use + while entering the country code for any number.
Ques. I paid the money for the application process but my status is showing as incomplete.
Ans. After payment, if you do not receive the 6 digit application number for UG and 7 digits for PG Courses, then your application process is incomplete and will go in for refund process. The refund will take about 15 days and must be checked with your bank.
Ques. When is the last date to apply for a course?
Ans. There is no last date for any course once the seats are full Applications will be closed.