Nabadwip Vidyasagar College (NVC) offers undergraduate courses in Arts, Commerce and Science and postgraduate courses in Arts with admission criteria based on merits obtained by the student in the qualifying exam. Application process for the same is online. Students must visit the official website to apply for admission at NVC. Students pursuing various courses at the college may avail scholarships such as ‘Merit cum Means Scholarship’ and ‘Swami Vivekananda Scholarship’.
|Established | Type||1942 | Public|
|Affiliated to||University of Kalyani|
|Popular Courses||BA, B.Com, B.Sc|
|Principal||Dr. Swapan Kumar Roy|
|Website||http://nvc.ac.in/ | 03472 240014|
The major courses offered at Nabadwip Vidyasagar College is as follows:
- Duration: 3 years
- Subjects: Bengali, Education, English, History, Philosophy, Physical Education, Political Science, and Sanskrit.
- Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Duration: 3 years
- Subjects: Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology, and Botany.
- Eligibility: 10+2 in the science stream.
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 in Commerce
- Subject: Accountancy
|B.A (General)/ B.Sc (General)/ B.Com (General)|
- Duration: 3 Years
- Eligibility: 10+2 in relevant discipline
Read More: Nabadwip Vidyasagar College Admission Fees
Admission to the college is based on merits obtained by the student in the qualifying examination. The admission procedure for eligible candidates is online. Before filling out the application form, the applicants must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria set up by Kalyani University.
How to apply?
The complete procedure for application through the official website of NVC is as follows :
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Click on the “ Apply Now” button.
- Upon doing so, the candidate will be redirected to a registration page where they have to mention all the details asked for and answer a mathematical captcha. After filling all the particulars, click on the Sign-Up button.
- After the successful registration of the applicant, they will receive an SMS on the contact number provided in the form. The SMS will contain a unique Application Number which must be kept for future reference.
- The next step of the process is to fill up the online application with all the requisite information along with choosing the degree one is applying for.
- A candidate can not apply for more than 4 courses in a single form.
- After the completion of filling of the application form, the candidate shall click on the Save button and upload his/her recent passport size photograph and submit the final draft.
- After this, the candidate will be redirected to the application fee payment page.
- The candidates are allowed to use credit/debit cards or net banking for the same.
- Post-it's successful completion, the applicant has to take a print out of the complete application form and fee payment receipt for further reference.
- The further updates for admission will be published on the official website of the institute for which the applicant has to keep a track from time to time.
The attested photocopies of the following documents are to be submitted during the counseling/ admission. They need not be uploaded at the time of submitting the application form. The list of documents :
- Admit card of Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination
- Mark sheet of H.S./Equivalent Examination
- Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- SC/ST/PC/Minority Community certificate from the appropriate authority (where applicable)
- One photograph signed by the student
Read More: Nabadwip Vidyasagar College Admission
Various scholarship options, from the State and Central Government, are available for the students of NVC. The students have scholarship options such as ‘Merit cum Means Scholarship’, ‘Swami Vivekananda Scholarship’.
Students are advised to refer to the scholarship website for further details like eligibility, amount of scholarship and the procedure for availing scholarship.
Nabadwip Vidyasagar College makes sure that no students face any difficulty during his/ her entire graduation period. For the comfort of students, NVC offers the following facilities :
- Central Library with over thousands of books and departmental libraries with hundreds of books.
- Well equipped labs providing enough practical exposure to the students.
- Spacious classrooms with well equipped Smart Classroom Systems and qualified faculties.
Nabadwip Vidyasagar College is an overall good college with apt facilities and qualified and equally experienced faculties having in-depth knowledge of the subject. With the only college in Nadia district declared as ‘Model College’ by RUSA, NVC has overcome all the problems faced and stood out of the rest of the colleges in the district.
Ques. What are the selection criteria for admission into NVC?
Ans. Admission in NVC is purely based on merit obtained by the students in his/ her Higher Secondary Education. The merit list is declared by the university, through which the student can decide the chances of getting admission in a specific course.
Ques. How are the placements at NVC?
Ans. The placement record of NVC is not so good. Hardly a few students are placed in the placement drive by the college. However, the placement cell is working upon it and will bring a concrete solution to the same very quickly.
Ques. Are there any cells in NVC to provide support to the students?
Ans. NVC has the following cells to provide support to the students :
Ques. How is the library at Nabadwip Vidyasagar College?
Ans. The library of NVC has been subscribed to the N-List. This provides the students access to e-resources, more than 6000 e-journals and 31,35,000 plus ebooks and a calm reading room with zero disturbances.
Ques. Where is Nabadwip Vidyasagar College located?
Ans. Nabadwip Vidyasagar College is located in the Nadia district of West Bengal. It is easily accessible through Nabadwip Dham and Nabadwip Ghat Railway Station. The nearest airport to the institute is Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata and an approximate 3-hour drive to the institute.