Updated On - August 19th 2019
Asansol Girl’s College, a premier institution of this coalfield and industrial region of West Bengal came into existence in 1950. The College is affiliated to Kazi Nazrul University, Bardhaman and is a NAAC accredited A level college. The College offers 20 specialized Bachelor’s courses and 3 General Bachelor’s Degree courses.
Institute Type: Public
Basic admission criteria: Merit based
Application mode: Online
Entrance test: No
Counselling: College level
Asansol Girls College Courses
There are 20 full-time Honors courses offered by Asansol Girls College under the departments of Arts, Commerce and Science. The College also offers three General UG courses viz. BA/ BSc/ B.Com. Selection of eligible candidates into the desired course is done based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Criteria|
|B.A.||General||30% in 10+2 (for Morning classes) and 45% for Day classes|
|Hindi||45% in 10+2 examination with relevant subject|
|B.Sc.||General||30% in HSC including pass marks in Mathematics or Chemistry|
|Physics||45% in 10+2 examination with relevant subject|
|B.Com||General||30% in 10+2 including passing marks in Accountancy or Mathematics|
|Accountancy||45% in 10+2 examination with relevant subject|
Read about AGC Courses & Fee
Asansol Girls College Admission Process
Asansol Girls College conducts online application process. Detailed application process is as follows:
- Applicants shall visit the college’s website and apply online.
- Register as a new user and log-in to the account.
- Fill the form correctly and upload scanned copy of recent photograph, signature, mark sheet of 10+2.
- Pay the application fee of INR 350 through Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card.
- The College releases the merit list on its website and conducts counselling in three rounds for the shortlisted applicants depending upon the availability of seats.
- The college reserves 22% seats for SC candidates, 6% for ST, 10% for OBC (A), and 7% for OBC (B) candidates.
- BSc program has the intake of 114, while B.Com has the intake of 141.
- BA program is regulated in two shifts i.e. Day and Morning, BA (Day) program has the intake of 133 and BA (Morning) has 368 seats in total
- Marks secured in Environmental Education will not be considered while calculating the merit.
Click here Asansol Girls College Admission
Facilities at Asansol Girls College
The computerized library has a rich collection of books, presently it has about 30,946 copies of books, 9 journals and 6 periodicals. The library is not only capable to support the existing disciplines in the Institute but also it can impart the knowledge for higher study.
The College provides hostel facilities to the students from distant places. However. students are provided hostel accommodation on the basis of their merit and distance of their place of residence.
A medical officer visits the college regularly and is available for both staff and students.
The college provides canteen facilities for all the students of the college where fresh and delicious food is served at reasonable prices.