Assumption College is a Christian minority institute located at Kottayam, Kerala established in the year 1949. It is affiliated with Mahatma Gandhi University. The institute is recognized by UGC and has been accredited by NAAC with an A grade. It offers BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BBA, BCA, BFT at the UG level and M.Sc., MA, M.Com, MSW, MFT at the PG level.
Apart from these, there are also career-oriented add-on courses and enrichment modules. The institute has a current strength of above 2500 students and provides comfortable accommodation for students.
Assumption College Highlights
|Type of Institute||Private|
|Affiliation||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Accreditation||NAAC with Grade A|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
Assumption College Courses
The college offers 22 courses across various streams. Each discipline has a different intake capacity. Below are the details of the courses in brief:
|B.Sc.||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Computer Science, Home Science||10+2 with the relevant subjects from a recognized board|
|BA||English Language & Literature, Malayalam, Economics, History, Communicative English, Museology & Archeology|
|B.Com. with Computer Applications||--|
|B.Com with Taxation||--|
|MA||History, English||Graduation in the relevant subject from a recognized institute|
|M.Sc.||Physics, Computer Science, Home Science, Textiles & Fashion|
|MSW with Medical & Psychiatric Social Work||--|
Read more: Assumption College Courses and Fees
Assumption College Admission
Admissions to most of the above courses are based on merit. Candidates seeking admission in BFT, MFT, and MSW need to appear in the entrance test conducted by the college.
- Visit the official site of the Assumption College
- Register yourself by entering the details
- Pay the registration fee through online or challan through South Indian Bank branches
- Upload passport size color photo
- Verify the details entered in the application
- Submit & take a print copy of the form
Assumption College Facilities
- Library: The institute has a library with a huge collection of books, periodicals, journals, CDs, non-book materials, and magazines. A fully automated library having “SOUL” software from INFLIBNET along with “CAMPUS NET” caters to students and faculties with book issuing and return controlled through the Bar Code system.
- Hostels: Hostel facility is available for students namely Assumption Hostel, Vimala Hostel, St. Alphonsa Hostel, etc. About 900 students stay in these hostels. All hostels are well built, clean, and provide hygienic food. Besides hostels have a 24X7 electric and water supply facility. Residential students are provided special training to promote friendship and geniality, respect, and tolerance, developing their talents to their full potential to face the hard challenges of life.
- Laboratories and Computer Centre: Institute’s sophisticated laboratories are well equipped with modern instruments and devices to help students learn the implementation of subjects taught during the course. Laboratories are maintained and monitored by laboratory assistants.
- Auditorium: The college auditorium, built-in 1962, with a 1000 seat capacity is used for cultural events and functions. The well-furnished seminar hall entitled Mar Kurialassery Hall is equipped with modern sophisticated audio-visual facilities. The hall is used for brainstorming sessions on new trends in technology or the latest
- Canteen: The College Canteen offers the students quality food at a reasonable price. The Cafeteria is frequently visited by students and faculties for light refreshments in the midst of each class completion.
- Sports Facility: Indoor and Outdoor sports facilities of the college help the mental and physical development of students for a healthy future. The institute has football grounds, basketball courts, badminton courts where students practice regularly.
- College Store: The College Store caters to the academic and non-academic needs of students. Other than textbooks, stationery, and fancy items are available at the store at moderate prices. The store provides spiral binding and photocopier services as well.
- DTP Centre: The DTP Centre in the institute’s campus provides typing, printing, and scanning facilities to students in their daily academic activity as well as in various project works.
Read more: Assumption College Hostel
Assumption College FAQs
Ques. Is Assumption College a co-education one?
Ques. Is the admission process of Assumption College online?
Ques. Does Assumption College provide any scholarship?
Ques. How are the faculties of Assumption College?
Ques. Is there any placement opportunity available at Assumption College?