Rathnavel Subramaniam College of Arts and Science was established in 1986 and has grown to be one of the biggest self financing institutes. It is affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and was accorded autonomous status in 2004 by UGC and re-accredited in 2014 with 'A' Grade. It has been ranked as the fourth best college in Coimbatore.
The College offers Bachelors, Masters and Research programs in various streams like Computer Science, Electronics, Management, Commerce, English Literature, Mathematics and Life Sciences and keeps on adding more career oriented courses.
Spread over an area of 14.24 Acres, the college campus is equipped with all the modern facilities and great infrastructure. The college has an enrollment of around 4800 students. The placement record of college has been all time high with companies like ICICI Bank, Amazon, Infosys, Accenta recruiting every year.
RVSCAS Coimbatore Highlights
|Established I Institute type||1986 I Private|
|Approved by||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Location||Sulur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated to||Bharathiar University (BU)|
|Courses offered||UG, PG & Doctorate|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, BA, MBA, M.Com|
|Entrance exams||TANCET/MAT/Consortium Common Entrance Test|
|Campus area||14.24 acres|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, Vivanta, ICICI Bank, Concentrix|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Library, Conference rooms, etc.|
RVSCAS Coimbatore Top Courses
At present, 20 UG courses, 14 PG courses and 17 research programmes are being offered by the college. The courses being from various fields such as Humanities, Management, Science, etc. are offered as full time degrees such as BA, B.Com, M.Com, MBA, PhD, M.Phil to name a few. Some of the popular courses are listed below:
|Course Name||Specializations||Basic Eligibility||Duration|
|B.Sc||Computer Science||10+2||3 years|
|Electronics and Communication Systems|
|Nutrition and Dietetics|
|B.Com||Computer Applications||10+2||3 years|
|BA||English Literature||10+2||3 years|
|MBA||-||Graduation with 50% + CAT||2 years|
|M.Sc||Computer Science||Graduation||2 years|
|Food and Nutrition|
RVSCAS Coimbatore Admission
The college offers various UG, PG and Doctoral courses. The admission to these courses is granted based on the regulations prescribed by the UGC and Bharathiar University.
- For UG courses, selection is made on the basis of marks scored in 10+2 examinations.
- For PG courses and research programmes, entrance tests are conducted by BU University or National level examinations such as CAT scores are considered. Entrance exams are followed by interviews conducted by the college.
- Students are requested to fill the application form either online or in person.
- The application fees can be paid in the form of DD from any Nationalized Bank/Challan (Bank of India) to be drawn in favor of “The Registrar, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore”.
- The application fees or tution fee can also be paid online through PayU money.
The important dates for examinations are listed below:
|Release of application forms (PG)||10 Apr - 25 May, 2020|
|Release of application forms for CET Exam (M.Phil/ Ph.D.)||10 Apr - 17 May, 2020|
|CET Exam for M.Phil. and Ph.D.||24 Jun, 2020|
Candidates can find all the information regarding applications forms, counseling dates and fee structures on the official website.
Read more: RVSCAS Coimbatore Admission
RVSCAS Coimbatore Placements
The college has a 100% placement record with various companies visiting each year for recruiting students. The College prepares its students well in advance for all kinds of tests, Interviews and other relevant skills. Some of the major recruiters are listed below:
- Le Meridien
- Fitness One
- Cap Gemini
- Just Dial
- L&T Constructions
- ICICI Bank
1080 students were placed in the session of 2019-20 as compared to 705 students in last year’s placement session of 2018-19.
Click here RVSCAS Coimbatore Placement
RVSCAS Coimbatore Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students in its campus only. The infrastructure of the campus is quite well built with facilities like:
- Library: The College has a well maintained library stacked with Books, Magazines and latest Journals.
- Hostel: The College provides separate hostels for both boys and girls with ac and non ac rooms and best of facilities like spacious rooms, nutritious mess, etc.
- Laboratory: The laboratory has a well managed system of computers having latest softwares regarding business analytics such as R programming, Tableau, SAS, etc.
- Classrooms & Discussion Cabins: All the classrooms are stacked with modern equipment such as HD Projectors, Internet, Wi-Fi, Audio-Visual systems intact and discussion cabins are designed to conduct mock programs.
RVSCAS Coimbatore FAQs
Ques. What documents are required by the foreign nationals for admissions?
- Residential Permit
Ques. Is residing in hostels compulsory?
Ques. What is the application fee for M.Phil and PhD courses?
Ques. Are there any part time courses available?
- M.Phil: Biochemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Electronics, Food and nutrition, Microbiology, Management, Tamil English
- PhD: Tamil, English, Biochemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Food and Nutrition, Management, Microbiology.
Ques. How are the placements for the Catering courses of the college?