Raja Bahadur Venkata Rama Reddy Women’s College, Hyderabad was established by a non-profit educational society. It was established in 1954 and became the second oldest institution for women in Hyderabad to be conferred with autonomous status by UGC in 1989. It is affiliated to Osmania University and became the first women's institution to introduce MBA in Osmania university jurisdiction. It provides 18 programs in 5 streams, 14 at UG level, and 4 at the PG level.
RBVRR Women’s College Hyderabad Highlights
|Affiliated to||Osmania University|
|Popular Courses||B.Com., B.Sc. Applied Mathematics, B.Sc. Bio Informations|
|Entrance exams||TSICET, OUCET|
|Campus Size||3.5 Acres|
RBVRR Women’s College Hyderabad Courses
The institution offers UG & PG Programmes in Arts, Science, Commerce and Business Management. Some of the programs offered are tabulated below:
|B.Sc||Applied Mathematics Bioinformatics||Eligibility: 10+2 with 45% aggregate
Duration: 3 Years
|BA||Computer Science Economics|
|B.Com||General Computer Science|
|M.Sc||Chemistry Computer Science Mathematics||Eligibility: B.Sc. plus OUCET merit rank
Duration: 2 Years
Click here RBVRR Women’s College Courses and Fees
RBVRR Women’s College Hyderabad Admission
The selection criteria for admission to Raja Bahadur Venkata Rama Reddy Women’s College, Hyderabad is based upon merit marks. Students passing the qualifying exams in the first attempt will be given preference.
How to Apply?
- The candidate needs to visit the official site of the college to fill up the application form. The application fees are INR 300 per program. Fill all the necessary details like passport size photograph, personal information, academic details and qualifications, extracurricular achievements, etc.
- The list of selected candidates will be visible on the official website and they would have to select a date of convenience for their counseling process from the given preferences.
RBVRR Women’s College Hyderabad Placement
The placement cell of the institution is very active and a number of companies visit the college for campus placement like Wipro, Accenture, Tyco, Franklin, Infosys, Google, etc. 76-83 students got placement out of 120 students in 2017. Following is tabulated the placements done in the past 3 years with average salary details:
|Academic year||Level||Students placed||Average salary|
Know more RBVRR Women’s College Placement
RBVRR Women’s College Hyderabad Scholarship
The Raja Bahadur Venkata Rama Reddy Women’s College, Hyderabad assists students in gaining National and State Merit Scholarships for students securing good marks in SSC examinations. Scholarships for SC & ST students are available if their parent’s annual income is below INR 1 lakh.
- 34 students from the PG program received full tuition fee reimbursement from Institution Funds in the year 2020.
- 497 students from UG and 210 students from the PG program received full tuition fee reimbursement from the State and Central Government in the year 2019.
- Other scholarships such as for Economically Poor Persons (EPP), Listed Backward Class groups, Handicapped students, Deceased government servant’s children and Scholarships granted by the Central government are also available for the students.
Read more RBVRR Women’s College Scholarship
RBVRR Women’s College Hyderabad Facilities
The Raja Bahadur Venkata Rama Reddy Women’s College, Hyderabad has various facilities necessary for the overall upbringing of the students. Following are the facilities offered by the college:
- Libraries: There are 4 department libraries with more than 33,000 books and 21,000 titles. The e-library provides more than 1,25,000 e-books and 3,00,000 reference books.
- Hostel: The hostel has 145 rooms which can accommodate 400 students. It has solar water heating, common activity room. There is also an indoor games facility with 24 hours security and CCTV monitoring.
- 1 Model Class Room & 2 Smart Class Rooms
- Open-air theatre and Auditorium: These are spaces used for workshops, seminars, lectures, and ceremonies.
Click here RBVRR Women’s College Hostel
RBVRR Women’s College Hyderabad Faculty
The faculty of the institute is well educated and highly experienced. The interaction between teachers and students is very friendly and informative. Students get detailed explanations by the faculties on their doubts and professors to encourage students to explore the practical arena of the subjects. The college has 125 faculty members:
- Reader: 1
- Professor: 1
- Associate Professor: 5
- Assistant Professor: 104
- Lecturer: 11
RBVRR Women’s College Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. How is the fee structure of the college?
Ques. Are the entrance exams necessary to qualify for postgraduate programs?
Ques. Does the institute offer a hostel facility?
Ques. What is the exam pattern for the OUCET exam?
Ques. Do college offer reservation quota seats?