Rajdhani College was founded in 1964 under the name of Government College by Delhi Administration. It is a constituent college of Delhi University.
- The college is imparting education in undergraduate courses such as Hon. in Arts, Sciences, Commerce & postgraduate courses in Hindi, English & History.
- The campus of the college is fully air-conditioned & well-maintained seminar rooms, laboratories are also present.
- Sports facility is also provided by the college for enhancing overall personality of students.
Some of the most renowned Alumni from the college are:
- Mr. Dibang for NDTV, Star News
- Mr. Sanjeev Gupta with Dainik Jagaran
- Mr. Harpal Singh with Aaj Tak
- Ms. Sanchita Sharma with Hindustan Times
- Ms. Kavita Dalal with Financial Express
Central Placement Cell (CPC) works as an interface between the industry & the students for the purpose of employing final year students. It provides employment services to the students through group discussions, interviews & tests.
Rajdhani College provides courses in extensive variety of subjects. The syllabus has been created by keeping in mind to impart more practical knowledge than the theoretical. Honours courses offered by the college are:
- B.Com (Hons.)
The college has various societies that promote extra-curricular activities. Students are encouraged to join these societies and take initiatives to organise and participate in various events that helps them boost their morale, build self-confidence & display their hidden talent in order to add value to the institute as well as their lives and career.
The college has diverse departmental societies which are accountable for organizing regular cultural events & academic programmes. Some of these societies are:
- The Debating Society
- Arthgyan- The Economics Society
- English Literary Association (ELA)
- Physics & Electronics Society
Cultural committee provides a platform to the students to show up their flairs in college fests, departmental fests & other events held outside the college. A committee comprising faculty members is constituted at the beginning of every academic session.
Women Development Cell (WDC)
The WDC committee comprises of faculty members who look after the matters & problems regarding safety and development of women. It has been created with the prime aim of establishing a bias free environment. It is also responsible for organizing various cultural activities and programs to uplift and educate women.
The Library has subscription & Web activity to 29 electronic databases. Additionally, 20 databases are also accessible through UGC-Info Net digital library consortium. The library also encourages open access resources.
The college faculty has always encouraged students to participate in sports activities as sports brings discipline in one’s life and is important in order to brush up the talent and skills obtained by them. So, the college houses have facilitated indoor & outdoor rooms & playgrounds for games like:
- Table Tennis
Some of the students who have made the college proud are:
- Ashish Nehra for Cricket, National Cricket Team
- Devendra Sharma for Cricket Umpire
- Sanjay Thapar for National Champion in sky diving, 1st Indian to jump on the North Pole, World Champion in Sky Diving
The college offers various scholarships such as
- Dr. S. S. Rao memorial prize in physics
- Dr. N. K. Anand memorial prize in chemistry
- Shri sultan chand & co. memorial scholarship in commerce
- Smt. Krishnawati Gautum memorial prize in b.sc.
- Shri S.C. Gautum memorial prize in chemistry
- Shri. S.C. Gautam Memorial Prize in Chemistry would be awarded to the topper of B.Sc. (Hons.) I and II year combined in Rajdhani College in DU examinations.