Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College (RJC), a NAAC accredited college, came into existence in the year 1963. It is an Arts, Commerce and Science college affiliated to University of Mumbai. It offers degree courses at UG level and PG Diploma courses. The admissions to RJ College are done as per the norms of University of Mumbai.
- Admission to the seats of UG courses is strictly done on the merit of 10+2 marks in qualifying examinations.
- Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria according to the admission norms of University of Mumbai in the course they are seeking admission into.
- Admission seekers must have applied in online mode on the University official website after the announcement of 10+2 results under the ‘Application Portal’ and register themselves for the courses. The application process includes Pre- Admission Enrollment and Online Application.
- Candidates seeking admissions under management quota were required to apply directly to the college. Candidates applying for PG Diploma need to satisfy eligibility and apply directly.
- RJ College is a linguistic minority institution, hence reserves 50% seats for Hindi speaking candidates in its degree courses.
RJ College Admission Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College|
|Type of Institute||Self-Financing|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
RJ College Admission Schedule 2019
Sale of application forms( for FYBA/BCOM/B.SC ( including FYBSC - Computer Science / Biotechnology / Information Technology / BMS / Banking & Insurance)/ B. Voc. / B.M.M
|May 31, 2019 to June 09, 2019 (on working days)|
|Open online link and submission of pre-admission online enrolment forms ||June 01, 2019 to June 11, 2019|
|Application form submission along with the printed copy of preadmission enrolment forms ||June 07, 2019 to June 12, 2019 (upto 12:00 P.M.)|
|Merit List ||June 12, 2019 – First List|
|June 15, 2019 – Second List|
June 20, 2019 – Third List
|Verification of documents||June 13, 2019 – First List|
June 18, 2019 – Second List
|June 21, 2019 – Third List|
RJ College UG Admission 2019: BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BBA and B.Voc
Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College offers UG courses in the discipline of Arts, Science and Commerce leading to graduation. In the discipline of BA and B.Sc, 9 specializations are available and 3 specializations are offered in B.Com. In addition, B.Voc (2 specializations) and BMS courses are also offered. Admission is done on the merit of 10+2 of the applicants.
| Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility||Selection Process|
|BA||Marathi||10+2 in academic or vocational stream or equivalent||Merit in the qualifying examination|
|B.Sc||Botany||10+2 in Science stream (academic or vocational stream) or equivalent examination with any three subjects from – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Statistics, Geography, Economics, Geology And Psychology (for academic stream).|
|Computer Science||10+2 in Science stream or equivalent with Mathematics or Statistics as compulsory subjects|
|Information Technology||10+2 in Science stream or equivalent with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the compulsory subjects and minimum 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of reserved category candidates)|
|B.Com||Economics||10+2 or its equivalent with minimum 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of reserved category candidates).|
|Commerce & Accountancy|
|Banking & Insurance|
|BMS||Management Studies||10+2 or its equivalent or two or three years Diploma in Engineering after SSC with minimum 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category candidates). |
|B.Voc||Real Estate Management||Pass in HSC in academic or vocational stream or equivalent|
- It’s compulsory for BA and B.Sc course candidates to have studied English in 10+2 and any modern language or classical language.
- Every candidate should be registered through University of Mumbai for getting admission into these courses.
RJ College MA and PG Diploma Admission 2019
The college offers MA in Entertainment, Media & Advertising and PG Diploma in 5 specializations. The minimum eligibility to apply is a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. Admissions are direct subject to availability of seats. Selection in MA is based on the performance of eligible candidates in a personal interview conducted by the college, whereas PG Diploma admissions are based on First Come First Serve basis.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility||Selection Process|
|MA||Entertainment, Media & Advertising||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline||Performance in Personal Interview|
|PGD||Clinical Studies, Data Management & Medical Writing||Bachelor Degree in Biotechnology/ Botany/ Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology Or B.Pharm/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ Life Science||First Come First Serve|
|Horticulture and Landscape Gardening.||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Regulatory Affairs||Bachelor’s degree in Science|
|Dietetics and Applied Nutrition||Bachelor’s degree in Life Science|
|Applied Statistics & Software||Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics|
- Candidates can download the application form for PGD courses from the college website and submit it to the college office by paying the requisite fees.
- PGD courses are taught as weekend programs on Saturdays and Sundays.
RJ College Application Process 2019
Application to all courses in Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College will be submitted through Online Admission Portal of University of Mumbai. To make an application, candidates must first fill ‘Pre-Admission Form’ followed by submission of application form along with ‘Pre-Admission Form’. Applicants must be submitted by following the given steps:
- Visit the official website of University of Mumbai and click on the link for “Pre- Admission Online Registration”.
- Applicants should then proceed to “Apply Online” and register by entering mandatory details in the relevant fields and “Register”.
- A verification code and a link will be sent on the mobile number provided by the applicant.
- Log in with the verification code, fill in given particulars of the online application form and attach a recent passport size colored photograph as per the requirement.
- Submit the application fee.
- The registration fee of INR 150 has to be paid through a DD drawn in favor of “The Finance and Accounts Officer, University of Mumbai” payable at Mumbai.
- Submit the print of application form along with necessary documents in the college.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College