SIES College of Arts, Science, and Commerce in Mumbai is one of the top 100 NPTEL Colleges listed in the National-level Portal. National Programming on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) is an initiative of the seven Indian Institutes of Technology towards providing learning materials in Science and Engineering through videos and web content by adhering to the syllabi of AICTE and the slightly modified curricula of major affiliating Universities. The college offers full-time, self-financed, and value-added courses in management, language proficiency, computer science, which are affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
- Applicants can apply directly to these courses; they will be given admission based on their marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
- The level of difficulty in getting admission into the college is low as all the admissions are based on the University of Mumbai guidelines.
- Most of the admissions at Mumbai University are based on merits obtained by the applicant. The only exams where a valid entrance exam score is required are BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm.
- The college also offers lateral entry to students in the second and third years of few courses.
SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce Highlights
Here are some essential details regarding the SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce:
|Established | College type||1960 | Private|
|Accredited by||NAAC (A-Grade)|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral | Degree, Diploma, and Certificate|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc and M.Sc|
|Facilities available||Laboratories, Gymkhana, Canteen, etc.|
|Official website / Contact number||http://www.siesascs.edu.in/ /91 22 2407 27 29|
SIES College of Arts, Science, and Commerce Awards
The College has received numerous awards for its top-class educational infrastructure some of which include:-
- Best college award in the year 2010-11.
- Best College for “Clean and Green College Environment”.
- India’s Best College-City Wise according to India Today.
- Among the top 50 colleges of commerce across the country.
SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce Courses
The college offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses under Arts, Commerce, and Science Category. Below are the details of significant courses:
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||Subjects: Economics, English, Hindi, History, politics, Psychology|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||Subject: Business Science|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)||Subjects: Mathematics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Botany, and Statistics.|
|Masters of Science (M.Sc)||Subjects: Microbiology, Oceanography, Animal Physiology, Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Zoology, and Inorganic Chemistry.|
|Doctoral (Ph.D.)||Subjects: Botany, Microbiology, Philosophy, Politics, and Zoology.|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education (DECCED)||Duration: 2 years Affiliated to Mumbai University|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling (PGDC)||Affiliated to Mumbai University|
Other than these courses, SIES ASCS also offers self-financed Undergraduate courses in Mass Media, Management Studies, Biotechnology, Computer Science, and Postgraduate course in Biotechnology.
There is also scope for applicants looking for job-oriented courses. The college offers 70 career based value-added courses in Language proficiency, Numerical skills (Vedic Mathematics and Basic Statistics), Computer courses, Self-enrichment, Collaborative ventures, etc.
Read More: SIES College Arts, Science and Commerce Course fee
SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce Admissions
Admission to SIES ASCS is based on merits obtained by the applicant in the qualifying exam.
- For Undergraduate admissions: 10+2.
- For Postgraduate admissions: Graduate degree.
- The average percentage in 10+2 or in graduation is different for different courses for admissions.
Admissions given to the applicants are provisional until all the necessary documents are submitted by them. Documents required at the time of admission are:
- Original and attested copy of Mark sheets, leaving certificate.
- Eligibility and Transfer Certificates (wherever applicable)
- Photographs, etc.
Read More: SIES College of Arts, Science, and Commerce Admissions
SIES College of Arts, Science, and Commerce Scholarships
SIES ASCS provides government scholarship and freeships to economically weak, minority, and meritorious students depending on their family annual income and marks obtained in the qualifying exam. The scholarships are as follows:
- Government of India Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
- State Government Open Merit Scholarship
- Physically Handicapped Scholarship
- Scholarship for the Ex-Servicemen’s Sons/ Daughter/ Wife/ Widow.
- Post Matric Scholarship for Learners of Minority Community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, and Parsi).
- Government of India Freeship
- Scholarship for Physics and Mathematics Subject
- Economically backward class
- CIDCO Stipend
- SEAT Scholarship by Bharat Ratan Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.