DU SOL Quick Update
- July 11: COVID-19 Impact: DU SOL examinations cancelled.
- July 4: DU has released OBE Mock Test Schedule. Check Here
- June 27: DU SOL OBE Hall Ticket Released, last date to download is 27 June (till 8 pm). Check Here
- June 27: DU SOL Assignment-Based Evaluation 2020 Datesheet released. Check Here
- June 26: DU SOL releases admit card for final UG, PG exams. Download Here
- June 25: DU SOL 2020 Open Book Exam Admit Card Released. Check Here
- June 24: MA, M.Com DateSheet Released. Check Here
- June 19: FAQs regarding Open Book Examination and Assignment Based Evaluation of students. Check Here
- June 19: Procedure for downloading question paper/uploading scanned answer sheets for Open Book Exams released. Check here
- June 19: Assignment Based Evaluation of 1st and 2nd Semester and 2nd year of SOL/NCWEB-2020 datasheet released. Check Here
- June 4: DU-SOL has announced Guidelines/Policies related with grading/results for Intermediate Semester/Term/Year students for all UG and PG programmes. Check Here
- June 4: DU-SOL has released notification regarding “Guidelines/Policies related with Open Book Exam”. Check Here
- May 20: DU-SOL has released video instruction “SOL CLASSES - How to join classes in teams application”. Watch Here
- May 18: Webinar on Economic Road Map after Lock Down has been released. Watch Here
- May 18: Schedule of Online Academic Counselling for B.A (Hons) English has been released; Check Here
- May 18: Schedule of Online Academic Counselling for B.A (Hons) Political Science and B.Com (Hons) has been released; Check Here
- May 15: DU SOL released notice regarding their Yearly and Semester Examination 2019-2020. Check Here
- May 2: Online Academic Counselling for 2nd and 3rd year students. Check Here
- May 1: Placement Notice for NIIT Online Support Executive. Check Here
- April 30: Academic Schedule of Online Counselling for BA (1st & 2nd year) CBCS students. Check Here
- April 14: Notice Regarding Virtual Information and Counselling Centre. Check Here
- April 11: Pratical and Theory exams of DU SOL have been postponed till further notice.
- March 11: Date Sheet of all UG courses has been released. Click Here
School of Open Learning (SOL) formerly known as The School of Correspondence Courses and Counting Education and affiliated to University of Delhi was established in 1962.
It is a pioneer Institution in the field of Distance Education in India. The School offers UG and PG Courses in the field of Arts and Commerce. The School offers to learn through distance education mode which is a viable alternative for students who need a flexible medium of instruction to attain higher education and vocational skills.
SOL DU Courses
SOL offers BA Program (Bachelor of Arts), BA (Hons.) in English, Political Science, B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) and B.Com (H) at undergraduate level and Master of Arts (MA) in Hindi, Political Science, History, Sanskrit and Master of Commerce (M.Com) at postgraduate level. The duration of UG courses is 3 years and PG courses are 2 years.
Check SOL DU Fee Structure
SOL offers many undergraduate courses and admission to these courses is merit-based.
For admission in B.A and B.Com, the candidate must have at least 40% aggregate (36% for OBC and 38% for PWD) in 10+2 in best five subjects. A pass in 10+2 is sufficient for SC/ST candidates.
Post Graduate Courses
To get admission in PG Courses like M.A. and M.Com., the candidate has two options either Entrance based or Merit-based.
- For admission in M.Com by Merit-based, the candidate must have completed B.Com (Hons.) or B.A. (Hons.) Economics from DU or any other recognized university with 50% marks (45% for OBC, Sports, CW & PWD). Passing marks are sufficient for SC/ST.
- For admission through Entrance –test, the candidate must have done B.Com (Hons.) from DU or any other recognized university with 65% marks (58.5% for OBC and 60% for Sports, CW & PWD).
SOL DU Admission
Aspirants can apply online for all courses on the official website of SOL, DU. Students belonging to the EWS and EOS category also have the option to apply offline and submit the application form directly at the campus.
To apply for undergraduate courses, candidates should have passed class 12 from a reputed board. Applicants having a graduate degree in relevant discipline with minimum required marks from a well-recognized university or institute are only eligible to apply for masters courses.
Admission of eligible candidates to all the UG courses is done on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination. Admission to PG courses is done through an entrance test which is conducted by the University of Delhi. Those who have completed their graduation from DU will be admitted on the basis of marks in the qualifying exam.
Click here SOL DU Admission
SOL DU Facilities
- Reading Room - There are overall 205 seats including South Study Centre for enabling the students to study in a quiet and congestion-free environment.
- Book Bank – The needy and the deprived can avail books easily through book banks.
- Course Material – The well-crafted and concise printed course books are mailed to all the candidates enrolled at SOL.
- Faculty- The highly skilled and experienced faculty members are pioneers in their fields who are available for guiding students on various educational matters.