Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya, is located in Kolkata and is affiliated by the University of Calcutta. The college offers 13 undergraduate courses in science, arts and commerce along with 2 B.A and 4 M.A. courses which are offered in distance Mode. Admission in all programs is done using an online counselling process. Candidates are selected strictly on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Gurudas College Highlights
|Established / Institute type||1968/Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Calcutta|
|Recognized by||University Grants Commission.|
|Courses Offered||17 Courses across 3 disciplines.|
|Popular Courses||B.A., B.Sc & B.Com|
|Facilities Available||Canteen, Counselling, Library, Medical Facilities, Class Room, Wi-Fi|
Gurudas College Courses
The College offers undergraduate courses in B.Com, BSC and BA (including honours and general). Candidates need to pass the (10+2) HSC or other equivalent examination to be eligible to get admission in the UG Courses offered by the college. A total of 10 honours courses are offered at the UG level courses along with 3 general courses.
|B.A||Bengali/Education/English/History/Political Science/Sanskrit/General||Successful completion of the (10+2) HSC or other Equivalent examination.|
|B.Sc||Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics/General||Successful completion of the (10+2) HSC or other Equivalent examination.|
|B.Com||Accounting & Finance/General||Successful completion of the (10+2) HSC or other Equivalent examination.|
|Distance Course||Bengali/English/Education/History||10+2 level pass for UG and graduation for PG|
Gurudas College Admissions
All admissions to the various programs of Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya is strictly based on merit. The whole application system is online and managed by the college.
How to apply?
- Students need to fill the application form online from the official college website.
- Fill in all the required information carefully.
- Pay the application fee (Including bank transaction charge) to the bank account of College either online (through debit card/credit card/ net banking) or offline (Bank Challan).
- Login in the college website With valid application number and mobile number for printing the admission payment receipt and application form.
- The college will publish a merit list.
- Visit the college with the required documents.
- Student copy of payment receipt.
- One print out of the Application form.
- 10th Admit card as proof of age.
- One unattested copy of 10+2 Mark Sheet.
- Migration Certificate (If passed from other board or university).
- Two copies of Passport Size Recent coloured photograph.
- One unattested copy of caste certificate (if any).
Gurudas College Placements
Placement opportunities are present at a limited extent. Banking, services, insurance and BPO sector companies such as TCS, ICICI Prudential visit for campus interviews. Internship opportunities are not present in college. The college offers a program named ‘earn while you learn’ for its students. It gives the opportunity to work on various college projects based on student’s interest.
Gurudas College Scholarships
The college has a Students’ Aid Fund which grants economically weak students granted merit scholarship and concession in Tuition fees. Minority Communities are also eligible for attaining scholarships through Government Scholarship Programs.
Gurudas College Facilities
Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya offers all the major facilities. These include Canteen, Library, Counselling, Classroom, Medical Facilities, Wi-Fi and various other modern amenities.
- Canteen: The college offers a low-cost canteen serving both students and the faculty. The canteen is equipped with water purifiers and adequate sitting facilities.
- Counselling Cell: The college has its own UGC sponsored career and counselling cell which provides high-quality teaching and counselling.
- Remedial Coaching Programme: The college runs a UGC sponsored ‘Remedial Coaching Programme’ to educate students from the weaker section of the society.
- Medical Facilities: The college provides free medical facilities to its students. The college has a tie-up with ‘Students Health Home’, West Bengal.
Gurudas College Faculty
With experienced faculty, the college is imparted to provide high-quality knowledge and experience to the students. There are 29 permanent faculties out of which 5 hold PhD degrees. There are also various guest lecturers and other staff members present in the college. Almost every course offered by the college has a highly capable mentor.
Gurudas College FAQs
Ques. Does Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya have hostel facilities?
Ques. Does Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya use projector facilities?
Ques. I am not able to submit the application fee of Sir Gurudas Mahavidyalaya offline, is there any other process?
Ques. Does Sir Gurudas College provide different subject combinations in all the UG courses?
Ques. How is the syllabus of Sir Gurudas College divided and how much percentage of attendance is required?