National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad is an educational institute under the Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India. The institute offers various Diploma and Post-Diploma courses in financial management. The PGDM course at NIFM has emerged as a leading program in both the private and public sectors.
NIFM Faridabad Highlights
|Type of courses||UG and PG Diploma and Ph.D.|
|International Collaborations||Asian Institute of Management, Philippines|
|Edinburgh Business School, UK|
|Royal Institute of Public Administration, UK|
|International Centre for Promotion of Enterprises, Slovenia|
NIFM Faridabad: Courses
|PG Diploma in Management (Financial Markets)||Graduation with 50% marks||1-year|
|Valid score in CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA|
|Age Limit: 30 years|
|PG Diploma in Management (Financial Management)||Graduation with 50% marks||2-years|
|Valid score in CAT|
|Age Limit: 50 years|
|Fellow Program in Management||Master’s degree in Management/ Economics/ Social Science/ Biological Science/ Pure Science/ Humanities||2-years|
Note: The Institute also offers 1-year Diploma course in Government Accounting & Internal Audit. It focuses on enhancing the technical skills of Senior Accounts Officers/ Assistant officers.
NIFM Faridabad Fee Structure
|Course Name||Total Fee|
|PG Diploma in Management (Financial Markets)||
|PG Diploma in Management (Financial Management)||
Note: The fees of sponsored candidates from Central/ State Government and other bodies of the government will be paid by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India.
Read more: NIFM Faridabad Courses & Fee
NIFM Faridabad Admission
Eligible candidates must fill the application form available on the official website of the institute. The duly filled application shall be submitted to National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Sector-48, Pali Road, Near Badkhal Village, Faridabad-121001, Haryana. The Institute has different selection criteria for each program offered. Following is a brief about the same:
- For PGDM (Finance) – Candidate will be offered admission on the basis of merit obtained in national level examination namely CAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, XAT.
- For PGDM (Financial Management) – Students will be selected on the basis of percentile score of CAT. They will be further called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- For FPM – Academic qualification and work experience will form the selection criteria for the doctoral program. There will also be a personal interview.
Given below are the facilities offered by the Institute to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: It has a rich collection of 36230 books, 90 print journals, 30 magazines, 23 newspapers, and 802 project reports. The institute has also subscribed to e-resources like J-Stor, Pearson, KopyKitab, J-Gate, EBSCO to provide extensive knowledge to the students.
- Hostel: The Institute has 2 separate blocks to provide residential facilities to the students. The hostels are equipped with all the necessary facilities like catering, washing machines, water filters, medical services, etc.
About NIFM Faridabad
National Institute of Financial Management (NIBM) was established in 1993 under the Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India. The campus of NIFM is located in Faridabad (Haryana) near Badkhal Lake. Spread over an area of 42 acres, the campus is beautifully landscaped and is frequently visited by native and migratory birds.
NIFM Faridabad Faculty
Given below is a brief about the faculty members of the Institute:
Dr. Jaya Bhalla
- Qualifications: M.Com, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published more than 15 research papers in national research journals
Dr. Prakash Kamal Kaushik
- Qualifications: M.Com and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Accounting, Security Analysis, and Portfolio Management and International Finance
Dr. Brajesh Kumar
- Qualifications: M.A. and Ph.D. in Economics
- Areas of Interest: Managerial Economics, Computer Applications, Business Economics, Mathematical Economics
Dr. Atul Kumar Sharan
- Qualifications: M.A. and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published 4 research papers and guided 3 research projects
Dr. Namrata Agarwal
- Qualifications: Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published more than 30 research papers in National and International conferences
Know more: NIFM Faculty