National Insurance Academy (NIA) Pune has started the registration process for admission to Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Program for the academic year 2021-23. Apply Now
Candidates can submit the application form by March 15, 2021, along with an application fee payment of INR 1200.
National Insurance Academy (NIA Pune), established in 1980, jointly by the aid of Ministry of Finance and other Insurance giants of India. It offers a PGDM program that has a unique blend of Management and Insurance. The institute has excellent placement record packages ranging from INR 6 LPA to INR 12.85 LPA.
NIA Pune Highlights
|Recognized by||AICTE, AIU|
|Entrance Based||CMAT, CAT|
|Mode of Admission||Online|
NIA Pune Courses
NIA offers a two-year Full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) approved by AICTE. The curriculum consists of all Management Subjects like Finance, HR, Marketing and IT; insurance subjects under General Insurance, Life Insurance, Re-Insurance and Pension.
- Course: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Eligibility: Graduation degree or equivalent from any recognized Indian/foreign university with a minimum of 50% for General and 45% for SC/ST/DA Category. Students appearing for final year can apply subject to completion of their examination requirements by June 30.
- Duration: 2- Year Full Time Programme
- Fee Structure (Residential): Rs.11,25,000*/- Note: The fee structure comprises basic annual fee, campus accommodation* and hostel dining, professional and incidental expenditure on account of the program for two years.
Read More NIA Pune Course and Fees
NIA Pune Admissions
National Insurance Academy (NIA), Pune conducts an online application process. Only those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria fixed by the Academy are admitted. Candidates have to undergo the following admission process to get admitted to the academy:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NIA, Pune.
Step 2: Candidates have to register using Username and valid Email Id.
Step 3: Login with the Username and Password.
Step 4: Fill the application form correctly.
Step 5: Upload a recent passport sized photograph.
Step 6: Pay application fee of INR 1260 online via credit/debit card or net banking.
Step 7: Shortlisted candidates will be called for GD and PI.
Step 8: Once selected, they have to submit the fee to confirm the admission.
Selection Based on
- Upper age limit is 28 years for General, OBC-NC and 30 years for SC/ST/DA category as on 1st July.
- NIA has adopted Reservation Policy in admissions as per Central Government Rules applicable to Academic Institutions like IITs and IIMs.
- Weightage of Selection Parameters for Final Selection
- Past Academic Record : 20%
- Performance in CAT / CMAT : 50 %
- Performance in GD/PI : 30% (GD :10marks + PI :20marks = 30marks)
- Relevant work Experience (appropriate weightage will be given to those candidates with relevant work experience at the time of interview)
Read More NIA Pune Admissions
NIA Pune Placements
Since inception NIA has an enviable and excellent record of campus placement.
Placement Highlights of 2017-19
- In the current batch of 2017-19 on the Day zero itself all the students were placed with offers ranging from INA 6 LPA to INA 12.85 LPA.
- In this batch, 4 students have also received international offer of INR 28 LPA.
Placement and packages in the previous years.
|Year||Average in INR||Highest in INR|
|2014-2016||6.80 lacs||9.44 lacs|
|2015-2017||7.30 lacs||10.00 lacs|
|2016-2018||7.56 lacs||11.56 lacs|
|2017-2019||8.23 lacs||12.85 lacs|
Read More NIA Pune Placements
NIA Pune Scholarships
NIA offers financial assistance to students of belonging to various category.
- NIA gives 9 scholarships of INR 1 lakh each to meritorious students, girl students, and eligible students belonging to specified categories including students belonging to economically weaker sections.
- One of the sponsors (GIC Re) of the Academy has instituted 5 scholarships for students to the extent of 50% of the course fee per student.
- These scholarships are meant for meritorious students belonging to the lower income category.
NIA Pune Facilities
Library is an automated special library to serve the Insurance Industry. This is one of the finest libraries in India having a choicest collection in life and non-life insurance. The main goal is to cater to all types of information needs of the users in respect of insurance and allied subjects. The reading room pops out with almost all national and international journals in Insurance, Actuarial Science, and related areas as also journals for general awareness and entertainment. Stacking of the research publications is another valuable addition to the library.
Sports and Recreational Facilities
NIA offers a full range of sports and recreation facilities within the Campus. The moderate latitudinal climate makes outdoor activities such as tennis, croquet, jogging, biking, and roller-skating pleasurable. Fitness buffs can enjoy a campus-wide jogging track, full access swimming in the including dodging, clipping, laking, and ducking. Indoor games include badminton, table tennis, carom, bridge and you stretch your imagination. There is a menu of entertainer in the Equipment Park, which includes static biking, swinging, and rocking. You can meditate, practice yoga, and undertake acupressure water-walk. You can simply stroll in the rose abound poly house or ayurvedic nursery.
Campus accommodation is available for a limited number of students. Those who do not get campus accommodation can easily find suitable accommodation in the nearby areas surrounding the campus. Necessary relief in fees is given to such non-resident students. Hostel accommodation will be provided to the students in the order mentioned below :
- All Girl students
- SC, ST, DA, OBC-NC students
- Remaining students in the order of their overall score in the merit list.
NIA Pune About
National Insurance Academy (NIA) is a premier institution devoted to equip the insurance industry with the best of talents. Its close association with the Insurance industry provides the ' real life' reference to its training, education, research, and consultancy activities. NIA was established in 1980 jointly by the Ministry of Finance - Government of India, Life Insurance Corporation of India, General Insurance Corporation of India, The New India Assurance Company, National Insurance Company, United India Insurance Company, and The Oriental Insurance Company on 16th December 1980 in Mumbai to be the institute of excellence in learning and research in Insurance, Pension and allied areas.
The Academy was shifted to Pune on 4th June 1990 with state-of-the-art facilities for learning and research. The initial years of NIA were dedicated to Management Development Programmes catering to the insurance industry professionals to enhance the management skills and domain expertise. Later, the two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management course was initiated to fulfill the growing demand of skilled professionals in Insurance and Risk Management.
NIA received the Technical and Professional Skill Developer Award for the year 2007-08 (on 27th May 2008) jointly with Leeds University, as a part of the UK-India Education & Research Initiative.
The Academy has been recognized as an associate member of t he Federation of Afro-Asia insurers and Reinsurers (F.A.I.R) Cairo, Egypt and also for imparting training under theTechnical Cooperation Scheme (TCS) of Colombo Plan.
- The Academy has received accreditation from the Institute for Global Insurance Education (IGIE), making it only the 25th globally accredited Academy to have affiliation with International bodies like Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), USA, Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), London and the Canadian Institute of Insurance.
- NIA has signed a MoU with the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) which facilitates the students to take up examinations of `Business Awareness Module' and `Modeling Module' at NIA.
NIA Pune FAQs
Ques. Is summer training necessary in NIA PGDM?
Ans. Summer Internship of 8 weeks with Public Sector General Insurance Companies, leading Insurance companies in the private sector, leading Insurance Brokers and reputed IT Services companies is compulsory part of circulum.
Ques. What is the courses structure of the PGDM program by NIA Pune?
Ans. The programme is divided into six trimesters of 3 months each with rigorous course curriculum and practical training. The PGDM students work on summer projects and are assessed on the same. They also have classroom projects, quizzes etc. through which they are continuously assessed throughout the year.
Ques. What are the advantages of the PGDM program by NIA Pune?
Ans. The students are also exposed to National and International level Seminars on Insurance subjects which are held minimum thrice a year. Here the students get an opportunity to listen to industry veterans while rubbing shoulders with middle and senior-level delegates from insurance and other allied industry both from India and abroad. By helping in organizing the Seminars and by participating in the Seminar which is of high level the students hone their organizing capacities and acquire practical and in-depth knowledge of the current trends in the financial market especially in the insurance sector. The insights gained during the Seminar are shared by the students in their in-house magazine" PRAVARTAK" Another unique advantage which the students enjoy is that they get an opportunity to exclusively interact with dignitaries who visit our campus. Few of the dignitaries with whom our students had the opportunity to interact were - Chairman IRDA, Chairman PFRDA, MDs of LIC, CMDs of Public and Private Sector Companies. Besides they also participate in various activities like debate, quiz, syndicate discussions, group discussions, few CSR activities, indoor & outdoor games, etc. In short NIA focuses on all-round development of students apart from ready employability at executive levels
Ques. What are placement statistics of NIA Pune?
Ans. The placement statistics of NIA Pune are Average Package of 9 LPA and Highest Package of 28 LPA.
Ques. Is NIA internationally affiliated?
Ans. The institute has affiliation with international bodies like The Institute (USA), CII (LONDON) and the Canadian Institute of Insurance.