Sivanath Sastri College is part of the City Group of Colleges run by Brahmo Samaj Education Society. It is a premier girls’ college in South Kolkata affiliated to the University of Calcutta, recognized by UGC and was founded in 1955. The college offers many undergraduate courses in the field of Arts, Science and Commerce such as B.Com Hons, B.Sc and BA across various specializations. Admissions to BA and B.Com courses are merit based whereas there is an admission test conducted by the institute for admissions to B.Sc courses. Also, only female candidates are eligible to apply.
It is one of the top 50 commerce colleges in India providing Students’ Day Home program for students in affiliated colleges.
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1961| Public|
|Governing Body||Brahmo Samaj Education Society|
|Affiliated to||University of Calcutta, Kolkata|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, BA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based: BA, B.Com Admission Test: B.Sc|
|Facilities Available||Smart Classrooms, Parking space, Canteen, Hostel, Conference Hall|
|Official Website||Sivanath Sastri College|
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Courses
|Course||Specializations||Eligibility||Selection Criteria||Seats Intake|
|BA Hons||Political Science||Minimum of 55% marks in aggregate and 65% marks in subject||Admission Test||88|
|Education||Minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 55% marks in subject||88|
|Bengali||Minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in subject||Merit based||88|
|English||Minimum of 65% marks in aggregate and 75% marks in subject||88|
|B.Sc Hons||Geography||Minimum of 55% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in subject||30|
|Economics||Minimum of 60% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in subject||30|
|B.Com Hons||Accounting & Finance||Minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in relevant subject||527|
|BA/ B.Sc General||General Combination with Geography||45% Marks in aggregate and 50% marks in Geography in 10+2||BA General: 250 B.Sc General: 40|
|General Combination with English/ Bengali|
|General Combination with Botany||Passed 10+2 with Botany/ Biology/ Biotechnology as compulsory subject|
|General Combination with Mathematics||Passed 10+2 with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics as compulsory subject|
|General Combination with Statistics||Passed 10+2 with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Statistics as compulsory subject|
Subjects of combination for General BA and B.Sc courses include English, Bengali, History, Education, Political Science, Sanskrit, Women’s Studies, Geography, Botany, Economics. Philosophy, Mathematics and Statistics.
Read More: Sivanath Sastri College Courses & Fees
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Admissions
Admissions to Sivanath Sastri College are merit based for all courses except for B.sc courses. The institute also follows the reservation policy, therefore seats are also reserved for candidates. Also, for admissions to all courses, basic eligibility criteria for reserved category students is 40% aggregate marks or 40% aggregate in required subjects.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Click on the Online Admission link.
- Read the rules and click ‘Next’ to go to the next page.
- Select your choice of Stream & Course from the drop-down menu.
- Fill the required details.
- Once you select all the required details in the admission bracket, the system will display the guidelines for selection and eligibility criteria for the selected stream/course.
- If you meet the specified eligibility criteria, then select ‘Yes’ and click the apply button which will take you to the applicant details of the application form.
- Fill the application form.
- Click OK to confirm or cancel to review and edit your marks.
- Fill all the other required details correctly.
- Proceed to pay the fee and take print out of challan receipt.
- The challan receipt should be submitted to the branches of canara bank, given in the official website.
Documents Required for admission:
- Original Mark sheet and Admit Card of previous qualifying examinations (both 10th and 12th)
- Letter from guardian/legal guardian in case student not live with his parents
- Candidates from other University/Board, should ascertain their eligibility from University before Admission.
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Registration Certificate
- For SC/ST candidates, caste certificate
- Two coloured passport size photograph
- Students coming from outside Kolkata, must mention correct details about home address, mobile number, etc.
Read More: Sivanath Sastri College Admissions
SSC, Kolkata Results
SSC Kolkata releases its results on its official website only. Apart from results, students can also get various other information like datesheets, examinations, merit lists etc.
How to check SSC Kolkata Result?
Below mentioned are the steps to follow:
- Visit the official college website.
- Search for the link provided for the result you want to chech.
- Click on the link provided. A new page will appear.
- Download the result for future reference.
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Placements
Sivanath Sastri College provides excellent placement opportunities. Every year many companies participated in the campus recruitment process.
The companies who visit are TCS, WIPRO, Capegemini, Genpact, Kotak Mahindra Insurance, Tech Mahindra, ICICI etc.
Read More: Sivanath Sastri College Placements
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Scholarships
Sivanath Sastri College offers various scholarships to the meritorious students who perform excellent in their exams. Awards are also given from the Endowment Funds.Cash prize of INR 200 or books of equivalent value shall be awarded every year out of this Endowment Fund.
Read More: Sivanath Sastri College Scholarships
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Facilities
- Library: The library has a collection of more than 39,000 volumes which also include a small collection of conventional reference books. The library functions as a consortium of five separate units: the Central library, the Honours Seminar library, the Staff-room library, the Departmental library of Geography and the Departmental library of Botany. The central library provides a large reading room capable of accommodating more than 70 readers at a time.
- Laboratories: The college has well maintained computer and Science laboratories. The Computer Lab has high speed internet connectivity.
- Auditorium: The college has a highly modern auditorium where various programmes are organized by the college authorities.
- Conference Hall: This hall is used to conduct the departmental seminars and functions.
- Canteen: The Canteen provides healthy foods which are pocket-friendly.
- Effective Regulation and Monitoring Scheme for College: Feedback system is implemented and also the college Union organizes study circle, debates, social gathering, recreation tours, and other co-curricular activities and to assist the college authority in making all college functions successful.
Other facilities are smart classrooms, parking space, hostels etc.
Read More: Sivanath Sastri College Facilities
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Faculty
All the faculty members are highly educated and proficient in their field of study.
Some of the Faculty member are:
- Dr. Runa Biswas: Principal
- Dr. Sipra Roy: Professor
- Smt. Urmi Das: Professor
- Dr. Bijoy Krishna Sinha: Professor
- Sri Goutam Kumar Das: Professor
Read More: Sivanath Sastri College Faculty
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of Sivanath Sastri College?
Ans. The fee structure of Sivanath Sastri College is quite affordable.
|B.Com (Hons)||INR 11160|
Ques. How's Sivanath Sastri College in Calcutta University?
Ans. Sivnath Shastri is a very good college for girls in South Calcutta given its history and its comparison too with other colleges that too for girls. Sivnath Shastri is the morning college of South City which is only and only for girls. Highly recommended if you are a female and an early riser as attendance is a factor over here.
Ques. What kinds of extracurricular activities Sivanath Sastri College offers to its students?
Ans. Every year Annual Sports is organized by the college. Students are also offered professional yoga training in the campus. The institute also has a college Union that organizes study circles, debates, social gathering, recreation tours, and other co-curricular activities and to assist the college authority in making all college functions successful.
Ques. What is the most popular course at SSC, Kolkata ?
Ans. Arts and Humanities courses are the most popular courses opted by students at SSC , Kolkata . Of these, B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) courses are the most sought after amongst both students and parents.
Ques. What is the reservation policy of Sivanath Sastri College?
Ans. Reservation policy is as per the rules of the State Government of West Bengal. Reservation of Seats may change with the orders of the Government of West Bengal. The college will not accept any Caste Certificate other than Original or Acknowledgement receipt for application from Government sources along with Father’s Certificate.