Sivanath Sastri College is situated in the city of Kolkata. It is an undergraduate college for female candidates only. It is affiliated to the University of Calcutta and was founded in the year 1955 by Ananda Mohan Bose.
The college offers many undergraduate courses in the field of Arts, Science and Commerce such as B.Com Hons., B.Sc. and B.A. in various specializations.
- Admissions to Sivanath Sastri College are based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 Examination or equivalent from a Board recognised by the University of Calcutta in any stream.
- SC/ST candidates with minimum 40% in aggregate or 40% marks in the related subject are eligible to apply.
- For OBC/Physically Challenged/Sportsperson, 50% marks in aggregate or 45% marks in the related subject is required for minimum eligibility.
- Entrance exam is conducted for BA/B.Sc. (Honours) in Education, History and Political Science courses.
- Whereas, admission to all the other courses are done on the basis of merit of qualifying examination.
- Candidates have to fill the application form through online mode only.
- The college produces Merit List online as well as on the notice board in the college.
- As per the rules of University of Calcutta, candidates from outside West Bengal must authenticate their mark sheet before admission.
- All admission are provisional and will only be confirmed after verification of the required documents.
Read More: Sivanath Sastri College Fees Structure
Highlight Table of Sivanath Sastri College
|Name of the Institute||Sivanath Sastri College|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit Based/Admission Test (for B.Sc.)|
Sivanath Sastri College B.Com (Honours) Admission 2020
Sivanath Sastri College offers undergraduate program in B.Com (Honours). Candidates are selected on the basis of the merit in these courses.
Candidates should have passed 10+2, or have appeared for the examination at the time of application to get into Sivanath Sastri College.
List of Courses:
|Course||Specializations||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Process|
|B.Com (Honours)||Accounting||Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in Accountancy Or 55% marks in aggregate and 55% marks in Maths/Stats. (for Science Students)||Merit based|
Key Points to remember for B.Com (Honours) Admission:
- For SC/ST category, minimum eligibility requires 40% marks in aggregate or 40% marks in related subject.
- For OBC-A/OBC-B/Physically Challenged/Outstanding Sports Person, minimum eligibility requires 50% marks in aggregate or 45% marks in the related subject.
- The merit is calculated on the basis of best of four subjects which will include subject score of Accountancy/Maths/Stat/Business Studies.
- Candidates who have passed H.S. Examination in Business & Commerce shall also be eligible for admission to the B.Com. (Major) 1st year Course of Studies under this University.
- No candidate shall be allowed for admission after a lapse of more than five-year from the year of passing of the previous qualifying examination.
Sivanath Sastri College BA/B.Sc. (General) Admission 2020
Sivanath Sastri College offers undergraduate program in BA/B.Sc. (General) in combination with geography and without geography.
The admission to these courses are done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
For B.Sc. /BA with geography, 45% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in Geography subject is required for minimum eligibility.
For B.Sc. /BA without geography, candidate should have passed HS Examination.
For BA/B.Sc. with Botany, candidate must have studied Botany/Biology/Bio-Technology at HS level.
List of Courses:
|B.Sc. /BA General||General Combination Without Geography||45% Marks in aggregate and 50% marks in Geography in 10+2||Merit Based, according to the university norms|
|General Combination With Geography||Candidate should have passed the H.S Examination (10+2 Course)|
|General Combination With Botany||Must have Botany or Biology/ Bio-Technology at Higher Secondary Level|
Key Points to remember for BA/B.Sc. (General) Admission:
- Candidates offering Elective English and Elective Bengali, must have secured 45% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in related subject.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 Vocational Examination conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training shall be eligible to seek admission to the BA (General) under Humanities Division only.
Sivanath Sastri College BA/B.Sc. (Honours) Admission 2020
Sivanath Sastri College offers Honours degree in BA and B.Sc. with various specializations. For BA/B.Sc. Honours courses in Education, Political Science and History, candidates have to undergo an admission test.
Admission to BA/B.Sc. Honours course in English, Bengali, Geography and Economics, is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
The admission test is conducted in two phases which are held in the month of August. It is compulsory to take both the test stages.
List of Courses:
|BA/B.Sc. (Honours)||Geography||55% Marks in aggregate and 60% Marks in subject or related subject||Merit based|
|Political Science||Admission Test|
|Economics||60% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in Mathematics or 60% Marks in Business Mathematics or Economics||Merit Based|
Key Points to remember for BA/B.Sc. (Honours) Admission:
- Candidates who passed the 10+2 or its equivalent examination in 2012 or onwards and have passed English are eligible to seek admission to BA/B.Sc. (Honours).
- Marks obtained in Painting, Art, Fine Arts and other non-allied subjects will not be taken into account while preparing the merit lists for admissions.
Sivanath Sastri College Application Process 2020
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Click on the Online Admission link.
- It will open a Declaration page. Read the rules and click ‘Next’ to go to the next page.
- Select the correct Stream & Course from the drop-down menu.
- Select the appropriate values from drop down menu like category, stream, board etc. in the Admission Bracket.
- Once you select all the required details in the Admission Bracket the system will display the Guidelines for Selection and Eligibility Criteria for the selected Stream/Course.
- If you meet the specified eligibility criteria, then select ‘Yes’ and Click To Apply button which will take you to Applicant Details page (1st page) of Application Form.
- Select your Board and enter your Roll Number, Division and Rank.
- Enter all the subjects and marks of Class XII mark-sheet.
- Once the subject marks are entered, click on ‘Done’ button.
- Click OK to confirm or Cancel to review and edit your marks.
- Fill all the other required details correctly.
- Click on the link “Please click here to view your application” which will display the application Details with entered data in PDF format.
- This is for your reference only to check your data filled in. This is not an Application Form.
- Click on the link “Please click here to generate Challan Receipt” which will display the Challan Receipt with entered data in PDF format.
- Print out of Challan Receipt must be taken.
- The Challan Receipt should be submitted to the branches of Canara Bank during Banking Hours, given in the official website.
- Mode of Application: Online
- Application Fees: INR 200
Documents to be produced before Admission:
- Original Mark sheet and Admit Card of previous qualifying examination
- Letter from guardian/legal guardian in case student not live with his parents
- Candidates from other University/Board, should ascertain their eligibility from University before Admission.
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Students coming from outside Kolkata, must mention correct details about home address, mobile number, etc.
Documents required at the time of Admission:
- Two coloured passport size photograph in size 3 cm X 2.5 cm
- Admit card of Class XII (1 Copy)
- Registration Certificate of Class XII (1 Copy)
- Mark sheet of Class XII (1 Copy)
- Admit card of Class X (1 Copy)
- Mark sheet of Class X (1 Copy)
- For SC/ST candidates, caste certificate
Note: Attach the photocopies duly attested by the Head of the Institution last attended
|Reserved Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Outstanding Sports Person||2%|
- Reservation policy is as per the rules of the State Government of West Bengal.
- Reservation of Seats may change with the orders of Government of West Bengal.
- The college will not accept any Caste Certificate other than Original or Acknowledgement receipt for application from Government sources along with Father’s Certificate.
- College offers various awards and prizes to the students.
- They are awarded to meritorious students who perform excellent in their courses.
- Awards are given from the Endowment Funds.
- Cash prize of INR 200 or books of equivalent value shall be awarded every year out of this Endowment Fund.
- The prize is awarded to the candidate standing first in order of merit at the Part I+II and Part-III (Hons.) of the B.A. Degree Examination at the end of the 3rd year stage.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College