Government Engineering College - [GECK] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Government Engineering College (GECK), Kozhikode was started by the Government of Kerala in 1999. College started its working 1999 in the hostel of the Government Polytechnic at West Hill. After a seven-year working in 24-July-2006 College has been shifted to its own buildings. Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan inaugurated the new block of the college
- Motto of the college is “Trust, Pride, and Decisiveness”
- Vision of the college is “Hub of technological brilliance having international acceptance which tunes up professionals with social responsibility”
- Mision of the college is “To train the talented youth to become competent engineers through efficient engineering education to enable them to effectively deal with the demand and the challenges of the modern day technology at all levels for the betterment of our nation and humanity"
- The college is affiliated to University of Calicut
- The campus is situated at West Hill is well connected to the Kozhikode city by open and wide roads, the institute campus is about 5 km away from the Kozhikode main railway station, 4 km. from the private bus terminal and 30 Km. from Calicut International airport
Placements -Placement record of batch 2012-13 is mentioned below:
Number of Students placed
VKC Polymers Ltd.
C Tech. R C Design
Placement analysis -
Number of Student placed
Extracurricular Activities -
- National Service Scheme (NSS Technical Cell)
- Entrepreneurship Development Club
- Arts Club
- Energy and Environment Conservation Club
- Industry Institute Interaction Cell
- LakshYa'13 - It is National level technical festival organized by the college and more than 5000 students participated in this event
- Colloid - It is National level technical festival organized by Department of chemical Engineering
- Ignition - It is National level technical festival organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Principia - It is National level technical festival organized by Department of Applied electronics and Instrumentation.