The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University College of Engineering was started to be a value-driven global-level University and model of excellence leading our peers in technical education. This institute also envisions and endeavors to produce integrity-driven individuals who benefit the society, in the long run. Our perspective is to focus on Education, Research, Recognition, Transformation, and Innovation. We aim to provide global standard education through innovative research and significant discovery. We aim to facilitate the transformation of Andhra Pradesh through increased entrepreneurship and regional wealth development. We wish to create a person who is educated and efficient to lead a successful and contributing life.
Facts and Figures of JNTU College of Engineering, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh
1946 (Formerly The College of Engineering, Vizagpatnam)
Autonomous since 2003
EAMCET (Engineering Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test) counseling or enrollment with JNTU Kakinada
Liaison with banks for arrangement of student loans. Arrangement for fee waivers and work-study opportunities also
Institutes Under JNTU College of Engineering
165 other Engineering Colleges
Total Faculty Members
Library - Total Books, Journals & Periodicals
More than 57,000 volumes of books and 12 contributed journals
Student chapter of IEEE and CSI. Community Development Program
Hostel – Accommodation Capacity
Nearly 400 boys and 300 girls
How to Reach
3 Kms Distance from Kakinada Railway Station
Why to Join JNTU College of Engineering, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh?
- Academic Collaboration- Collaborative research schemes sponsored by CSIR, CRRI, ISRO. BHEL, etc. has been motivating the research scholars and other students.
- Ranking & Rating- 1st in the state and 14th in the Country for the effective utilization of the funds under TEQIP phase-I.
- Awards & Accolades- NBA of AICTE accredits all the engineering departments. TCS has accredited this institute with ‘A' grade. And, Wipro Ltd has accredited it as ‘Trusted Academic Partner'.
- Alumni Network- The Institute has a strong alumni network to promote goodwill among the persons related to this organization. The Alumni Association stages annual programs of various events and reunions.
- Seminars and Workshops- Different kinds of seminars and workshops are organized periodically for students. Some of the best events like TED event on 21st August, 2010 and the talk by SSAP (Soft Skills & Employability Skills Awareness Program) on 7th June, 2010 were a huge success.
- Student Friendly Environment- The Institute guarantees complete safety of students by curbing the menace created by ragging and eve-teasing. Also, the presence of a Student Counselor provides advice on all matters right from classroom issues to project work, internships, and placement assistance, etc. The Special Education Division includes four on- and off-campus programs that offer a broad array of accommodations, support services, and special classes for students with any disability.