The Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa is among the top most health care provider cum education offering organizations in the country, especially in Eastern India. The institution is around 12 years old and has grown over the time be in imparting medical education or the health care services.
Fact & Figures
Medical Council of India
Healthcare infrastructure - 75685 Sqm
Of built-up area spread over 25 acres of land
The library has excellent computing infrastructure including 52 nodes, 2 printers. All nodes are connected to the campus-wide network.
Total Area of Library - 2400 sqr. Mtr.
No of Journals-
a) International - 1470 (EBSCO on-line journals)
b) National 89 (With Back Volumes)
Journals - (Foreign - 55, Indian - 80)
Digital Library EBSCO(E- Journal Database)
Total No. of books - 12,720
Textbooks – 7416
Reference books – 5304
No. of Titles – 6018
Total No. of CD/DVDs 708
a) Computer System 25nos.
b) Xerox Machine 1 no.
c) TV & DVD 1set
The audio-visual library with 29” color TV
a) Total Audiovisual Materials 952 nos.
b) CDs 573 nos.
c) DVDs 379 nos.
Total Strength of the Reading Room - 420 seats
- Boys Hostel of 250 capacity
- Girls Hostel of 250 capacity
- One Intern Hostel of capacity 100 for Male Internees
How to reach
The institute is convenient to reach –
10.5 Kms from Biju Patnaik International Airport, Odisha
10.3 Kms from Bhubaneshwar Railway Station
Transportation Mode: By Bus
Why join Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM hospital?
1. Best in class rankings: The institution has secured 9th position amongst 150 private medical colleges of India. It has become one of the preferred medical colleges when it comes to pursuing MBBS. The vast hospital facility provides students hands-on advantage where they get to apply their learning on the practical basis.
2. Holistic Learning Atmosphere: This institution with its huge hospital facility offers students an added advantage of learning and experimenting, all at the same time. With the highly equipped labs, and several specific medical department students get a diversified experience which helps them decide which field of medical science they wish to specialize in.