Dr Ambedkar College, Nagpur (DACN) started the Commerce & Arts faculties modestly in 1964 followed by the introduction of Science faculty in 1969 & Law faculty in 1982. Making education available to all sections of the society thus making able, competent & humane citizens for a better tomorrow is the primary mission of the college.
DACN has partnerships with various renowned institutions. To meet steps with the paradigm shift in the realm of education DACN creates globally competent students. This time tested centre of higher learning which provides affordable education to all has been recognized as the College with Potential for Excellence by the UGC.
Facts and Figures of Dr Ambedkar College-
Late Padmashree Dadasaheb Gaikwad
RTM Nagpur university
Institution running the college
Param Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Smarak Samiti
NAAC with A Grade
How to reach
4 km. from Nagpur railway station
Why Join Dr Ambedkar College?
- Library- The Main Library, Core Library & Reading room are the library facilities available. The software INFLIBNET allows you to search the book you want to get issued.
- Campus- The only campus with Wi-Fi connection in the entire campus.
- Laboratories- There are various laboratories for the following disciplines- advanced computer, biochemistry, physics, electronics, botany, zoology, chemistry, statistics, IT, BCA & language laboratory. The new Biotechnology & Biochemistry research laboratories have also been added. All these labs are inter-connected by intercom.
- Sports- DACN has won various individual & team sports prizes. The playground is spread on 8 acres of land. There is a provision for gymnasium, aerobics & various sports camps.
- Auditorium- It has LCD, overhead & slide projections, a big permanent stage with a sensitive public address system, well-ventilated & airy spaces. A mini –auditorium is also available for smaller programs.
- Miscellaneous facilities- Seminar halls & classrooms with overhead projector & LCD projector whenever needed are the remarkable features