K.V. Pendharkar College, established on 11th July 1979, is one of the leading institutions imparting higher education in the fields of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management. The college is managed by Dombivli Shikshan Prasarak Mandal (R), which was established in 1972.
It is one of the premier colleges established to impart & provide in the field of higher education for the deserving candidates and prove to be a milestone in the part of progress. The college is affiliated with the University of Mumbai and is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with "A" Grade.
At present, the college offers 17 Undergraduate, 8 Postgraduate, and 5 Ph.D. programs in Arts, Science, Commerce, & Management streams with optional specializations under the University of Mumbai, Mumbai. It also offers industry oriented and highly valuable Certificate courses. All the admissions are provided based on merit.
The top recruiting companies are Tech Mahindra, Wipro, TOI, ICICI Bank, Axis, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and many more.
KV Pendharkar College of Arts, Science, and Commerce Highlights
|Established | Type||1979 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Course Streams||Arts, Science, Commerce, & Management|
|Popular Courses||B.A., B.Sc., M.A., M.Sc., BMS|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, TCS, L&T, etc.|
|Infrastructure Facilities||Libraries, Conference Halls, Labs, Gym, Auditorium, NCC & NSS offices, Canteen|
|Campus Area||18,617 Sq. Metres|
Pendharkar College Rankings
Since, KV Pendharkar College is affiliated to University of Mumbai, here's the ranking of University of Mumbai.
|QS India Ranking||2020||#17|
|QS WUR (Subject wise)||2020||#351|
|Asian University Ranking||2020||#177|
Pendharkar College Courses
Here is a complete list of the courses offered by the College.
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Students must have completed their 10+2 in Science stream with a minimum 45%
Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, IT, Computer Science, Biotechnology
|B.A.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Students must have completed 10+2 (HSC) in Commerce / Science /Arts Stream with minimum 45%
Subjects: Economics, English literature, History, Marathi, Geography, Psychology, General
|B.Com||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Students must have done XII (HSC) in Commerce / Science streams with minimum 45%
Subjects: General, Banking and Insurance, Accounting and Finance
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Candidates must have completed graduation in B.Sc
Subjects: Chemistry by research, Botany by research
|M.A.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Students must have completed graduation (B.A.)
Subjects: Psychology, History
|M.Com.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Candidates opting for M.Com. should have completed graduation
Subjects: General, Business Management, Advanced Accountancy, Banking and Finance
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Candidates must have completed post graduation
Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Accountancy
Read More: KV Pendharkar College Courses & Fee
Pendharkar College Admissions
The basic admission criteria to get admission in the UG courses is qualifying the 10+2 examination with minimum 45% (40% in case of reserved category) and for admission to the PG courses is that the candidate should have completed graduation in the respective fields. In both the cases, the selection process is merit based. While, getting admission into a Ph.D. program requires one to have a postgraduate degree.
How to Apply?
K.V. Pendharkar College conducts an offline application process. Here are the enlisted steps to be followed to apply for admission in the college:
- Visit the administration office of the college to get the admission form.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Affix passport sized photograph on the form.
- Attach the documents required.
- Admission Form
- Duly filled college admission form with pre admission online enrollment form.
- Original S.S.C. (Class 10th) Marksheet for verification with two photocopies.
- Original H.S.C. (Class 12th) Marksheet for verification with two photocopies.
- Transfer or leaving certificate for verification with two photocopies.
- Graduation certificate in case applying for Post Graduation.
- Postgraduate certificate in case applying for PhD.
- Original Aadhar Card of student for verification with two photocopies.
- Original Aadhar Card of parent/ guardian for verification with two photocopies.
- Original PAN card of parents/ guardian for verification with two photocopies.
- Two passport size photographs with red background.
- For Reserved Category students original caste certificate for verification with two photocopies.
- Non creamy layer certificate for verification with two photocopies for reserved category students apart from SC/ ST.
- Undertaking form (only by the students availing benefits of scholarship and free ship).
- Migration certificate of the students other than Maharashtra State Board.
- For reserved category students, Caste certificate should be of the State of Maharashtra. Caste certificate issued by any other state is not valid in the state of Maharashtra for priority in admission.
- Affidavit to be submitted in case of Gap in education.
Submit the duly filled application form along with the above mentioned documents at the admission office of the college.
Since the college takes admission on the basis of merit, there is no cut-off for admission.
Read More: KV Pendharkar College Admission
Pendharkar College Placements
Like any other college, KV Pendharkar College has a dedicated Training and Placement Cell which centrally handles all the placements organised in the campus.
The placement cell provides the students with additional certification courses in Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Digital Marketing and in many other topics. The college also provides mentorship to the students, which involves advising, training, counseling and guiding a mentee. A good mentor helps a mentee to achieve his or her goals in a better way.
Placement cell objectives:
- To enable mentors to establish a healthy rapport with the students and their parents.
- To make students realize their potential.
- To build students’ self-confidence.
- To understand students’ personality traits, interests and habits.
- To make students socially competent.
- To facilitate the development of students’ personality.
- To assist students in obtaining placement in industries/corporate sectors and public sectors.
- To identify the needs and expectations of the employers pertaining to their recruitments.
- To serve as a link between students, alumni and the employment community.
Other than that, college organises campus interviews and job fairs for the pre-final and final year students. Every year college organized a Career and Placement Fest for students of Degree and Junior colleges, in and around Dombivli. Many huge companies come to the college for recruitment in the campus interviews and also the job fairs.
Some of the top recruiting companies are Tech Mahindra, Wipro, TOI, ICICI Bank, Axis, Kotak Mahindra Bank and many more.
Read More: KV Pendharkar College Placement
Pendharkar College Scholarships
Basically, there is no scholarship issued by the KV Pendharkar College to it's students. But, there are two different types of fee structures, viz, Aided (can be thought of as a scholarship) and Unaided.
The fees for the courses covered under the Aided Section are provided by the government, and thus are charged relatively less. Whereas, the courses not covered under the Aided section are not provided with remuneration or financial aid and are charged accordingly.
Also, there are scholarships for students belonging to SC / ST / OBC which is an added benefit to the underprivileged students.
Read More: KV Pendharkar College Scholarships
Pendharkar College Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the Institution to cater to the needs of the students as well as the staff members…
- Library: Library of K.V. Pendharkar College is among the large academic libraries in the district. Established along with the foundation of the institution, the library is well known for its enriched collection and remarkable user centric services. Library is automated with the latest technology using SLIM (Software for Library Information Management).
- Gymkhana: College is working with the spirit and pursuit of excellence to nurture world class sportsmen by providing instructional and infrastructure facilities. It has a sports culture and desire to keep it up higher and higher. Main objective of Gymkhana is to provide high quality coaching and extended training opportunities where our student’s relationships, social development, fun and health are enhanced and promoted.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): The vision of the scheme is to inculcate values of compassion and humanity and a feeling for the fellow person. Some of the activities conducted during Regular as well as Special Camps are as follows:
- Environment Enrichment and Conservation programme
- Health, Family Welfare and Nutrition Programme
- Programmes aimed towards creating an awareness for improvement of the status of women
- Social Service Programmes
- Education and Recreations
- National Cadet Corps. (NCC): The College has two NCC units affiliated to 1 Maharashtra NCC girls and 3 Maharashtra NCC boys battalion. 80 girls and 56 boys can be admitted in these two units. Regular periods are arranged on Fridays. The students are allowed to participate in different levels of camps arranged by Battalion. Cadets appear for 'B' and 'C' certificate level exams arranged by NCC Directorate Delhi. Those cadets who complete the training satisfactorily are eligible to get 10 marks at College or University examination.
Pendharkar College Faculty
KV Pendharkar College has excellent faculty including both the teaching and non-teaching faculties. Almost all of them are highly experienced and very supportive in nature. Most of them have done either a Masters or Ph.D. in their respective fields. Overall, there are approx. 80 faculty members including the Principal of college Dr. Mansi Phanase.
Read More: KV Pendharkar College Faculty
Ques. What are your overall remarks for the college?
Ques. What is the main objective for this college?
Ques. Is there any reservation of seats on the basis of caste/regionality?
- General: 50%
- OBC: 27%
- SC: 15%
- ST: 8%
Ques. Why to join KV Pendharkar College of Arts Science and Commerce?
- Experienced Faculty Members: KV Pendharkar College has several well qualified teaching staff and faculty members having great experience within the field of education and industry.
- Academic Facilities: Institute has spacious classrooms with decent furnitures, high-end laboratories, educational technology labs, psychology lab, conference room, library, well equipped Home-Science Labs, etc.
- Fee Concessions: Colleges provide Fee Concessions for all the students to help them in studies.
Ques. What is the location of the College?