The South Calcutta Girls College is a well known and reputed girl’s college of West Bengal, established in September 1932. This college provides a student-friendly environment and is installed with various facilities. This college has been accredited with B++ grade by NAAC and is affiliated to Calcutta University for conducting IA and BA (pass) courses. Presently, it offers fourteen disciplinary courses with Honors degrees in ten departments at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
South Calcutta Girls College Highlights
|Established | Type||1932 | Public|
|Approved And Recognized By||UGC And NAAC|
|Course Offered||17 Courses Across 2 Stream’s and Diploma in Vocational and Career Oriented Courses|
|Popular Course||B.A Hons, B.Sc (Hons.& General), Computer Course|
|Facilities available||Library, Hostel Facility, Smart Classrooms, Bank, Gymnasium etc.|
|Official Website Link||https://southcalcuttagirlscollege.com|
South Calcutta Girls College Course
The South Calcutta Girls’ college offers undergraduate courses for students in seventeen disciplinary subjects with an Honors degree in fourteen subjects and across two streams. There is an NSOU Study Centre in the college that runs open and distance learning programs for those students who haven’t enrolled in regular courses.
Tabulated below are the courses offered by the college under various specializations:
|B.A. Honours||Bengali, Education, English, History, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Journalism And Mass Communication, Geography.||10+2 for a recognized board with at least 50% marks and min 45% in the subject/ related subject opted for honors.|
|B.A General||Bengali, Education, English, History, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Journalism and Mass Communication, Geography.||Passing marks in 10+2 examination in a relevant subject|
|B.Sc Honours||Botany, Zoology, Psychology, Economics, Geography.||10+2 for a recognized board with at least 50% marks and min 45% in the subject/ related subject opted for honors|
|B.Sc General||Botany, Chemistry, Economics, Geography, Mathematics, Physiology Psychology, Statistics, Zoology.||Passing marks in 10+2 examination in a relevant subject|
Note: For the SC/ ST Candidates, to take admission, 40 % in their +2 overall, as well in subject or related subject in 10+2 along with their SC/ ST certificate is mandatory.
South Calcutta Girls College Admission
The college conducts admissions once a year for each of the courses conducted. The admissions are based on the merit ranking based on the previous year’s examinations.
How to Apply?
- Admissions for B.A. /B.Sc. (Honors and General) courses will be online by creating your account in the Admission Portal.
- Select the course according to your eligibility.
- Candidates can apply for more than one subject by filling up separate forms but Separate payment is to be made for separate applications. The application fee is INR 250.
- Admissions are provisional, meaning it can be canceled at any time if any information filled is found to be inaccurate and the money paid would not be refunded.
- All self-attested documents are to be uploaded as per University guidelines during form filling.
- Candidates are requested to pay Admission fee online before verification.
- After affirmation of admission, the candidate must go to the college for verification of all original documents.
Know more South Calcutta Girls College Admission
South Calcutta Girls College Scholarship
The college gives half or full scholarships on merit basis and also keeps in mind the financial background of the student. According to marks scored in the University exam, it is decided that one is eligible for the scholarship or not. There is also provision for book grants to economically weak students.
South Calcutta Girls College Facilities
In addition to the basic studying and Anti Ragging environment, The South Calcutta Girls college provides the following facilities to the students:-
- Smart classroom: The College classrooms are equipped with smart classrooms for students to cater to the needs of the students and as well as to provide a proper environment for them to study.
- AV room: The College Audio-video room is well equipped with a state of the art Audio and Visual system suitable for the screening of films and documentaries to support regular classroom teaching.
- Hostel: The hostel facility at South Calcutta Girls College provides comfortable and systemic accommodations to out station students and is well managed by the faculty.
- Library: The College Library has a rich collection of books and also has an e-Resource department. There is a collection of books related to different areas and subjects.
- Common Room: The common room is not a regular common room it provides indoor facilities like Table Tennis, Carrom boards, Chess, Darts, Ludo including Wi-Fi.
Click here South Calcutta Girls College Hostel
South Calcutta Girls College Faculty
The faculty at South Calcutta girl’s college is committed to the mission of teaching, and to achieve the objectives of the College. The faculty of this college is one of its kinds. They hold masters and a Ph.D. degree in their fields of expertise and are very knowledgeable. The faculty is very supportive of the students. At present, there are 18 departments and the total strength of the faculty member is 75 out of which includes associate professors, assistant professors, contractual and guest teachers, part-time tutors as well as non-teaching faculty who are an asset to the college.
Read more South Calcutta Girls College Faculty
South Calcutta Girls College FAQs
Ques. What is the Admission process for South Calcutta Girls College?
Ques. Are there any payments required during the process of Admission?
Ques. Can students apply for more than one subject? If yes, How to apply?
Ques. Is there any specific procedure for selecting Generic Electives?
Ques. Are there any other Girls colleges in West Bengal, apart from South Calcutta Girls College?
- Shri Shikshayatan College
- Lady Brabourne College
- Surendranath College For Women
- Bethune College